Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6303i classic - software update issues

Tamburaan

Nokia 6303i classic - software update issues

[ Edited ]

I upgraded the software for Nokia 6303i classic from V 06.61 to V 07.10. It was a mess after that. All my phone settings, contacts, messages, calendar entries, logs, everything were wiped off just like that. Either I did not notice this warning or nokia itself has missed out to highlight that this will happen.

Anyways, my major concern now is that I have lost the default applications and games that came along with it (sudoko, calculater, etc). I have tried to install it from many sites but it does not suit even though it is listed for this model. (via nokia PC suite)

Does any one know how to fix this? I desperately need atleast the calculator which came along with the phone. I have tried to reset it to factory settings – ALL – but nothing helped.

The clock will always show right in the middle left of the screen and you cant put it up right on top I guess.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MalG

Re: Nokia 6303i classic - software update issues

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. Like you the phone was wrapped of settings and data, and more importantly several Apps, include the Calc.  Not a good user experience. I too need the Calc app at least.  Any help out there?

M.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sh50078

I have the same problem as well, any answers, furthermore it no longer saves the settings for wallpaper/screensavers

Tamburaan wrote:

I upgraded the software for Nokia 6303i classic from V 06.61 to V 07.10. It was a mess after that. All my phone settings, contacts, messages, calendar entries, logs, everything were wiped off just like that. Either I did not notice this warning or nokia itself has missed out to highlight that this will happen.

Anyways, my major concern now is that I have lost the default applications and games that came along with it (sudoko, calculater, etc). I have tried to install it from many sites but it does not suit even though it is listed for this model. (via nokia PC suite)

Does any one know how to fix this? I desperately need atleast the calculator which came along with the phone. I have tried to reset it to factory settings – ALL – but nothing helped.

The clock will always show right in the middle left of the screen and you cant put it up right on top I guess.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
guest1234

Hi guys.. I had the same problem with my phone but a new update has come V9.83. It has not been put up in the website but u can update ur phone using the Nokia s/w updater or the ovi suite.. The update is good.. It includes a draft folder for messages..!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kumar_P

Did they fix Clock for small size ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
blaah

does update hav windows live messenger n yahoo messenger option in the IM menu?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
guest1234

Unfortunately NO :smileysad: The clock is still gigantic and there is no windows live application..

But they have included a Facebook application.. for windows live u can download the application form the Ovi store.. I heard it is readily available.. Just type in "windows live" in the search and you should be able to get it.. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
guest1234

Please visit the forum topic "Nokia 6303i Classic expected features in the next update!!!" and give in ur comments.. I hope Nokia will listen..!! Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
blaah

hey guest1234, wud u check in ur IM in messaging menu if windows live n yahoo communities are available in updated sw of ur fone (i hav just ovi chat cuz i didnt update yet) n there is no windows live app for 6303i in ovi store. Plus kindly tel if there is mark/unmark option for smses?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
guest1234

Still the Mark and Mark all feature for messages have not been added!! Unfortunately the IM messaging option does not contain Windows live or Yahoo :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
blaah

i need to use IM bt i cnt since there is no windows live community in the option. Makes me so sad n mad. Im forced to use third party apps to keep intouch wid family n friends. I wil never buy nokia again. I update my fones IM menu dozen times a day hoping other messaging wil be available duh. How sick is that. I want windows live option buhuhuhuhuhu
Please use plain text.
Advisor
blaah

-hoping other messaging communities will be available!*** (correction)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
blaah

i wonder what is the size of update and how long does it take to update ? if my net gets dc while updating then what ? :smileyfrustrated: i got an unstable net lol... :x reply plz ? anyone ? current sw of my 6303i is 7.10 or something.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
guest1234

The size of the update is about 40 to 50 MB (approx.)
I dunno about the ovi suite update, but the nokia s/w updater first downloads the entire update and then commences updation so even if ur net fails your phone will not be affected..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
guest1234

If we all keep stating our needs i hope Nokia responds!! pls visit the expected features topic and state ur needs.. Thank you :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
ChiragBajaria

What's interesting is that this phone is marketed as supporting Windows Live Messenger and I bought it on the strength of that, however when I go to the IM section, the only option I have is Ovi Chat - which I don't wish to use. Nokia, we need a solution here otherwise I want a full refund on my phone because you've mis-sold me the product.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TonyJim

Hi!  I know I'm replying to an old post, but I've just had the same problem - losing all my settings etc after an update.  There was a clear warning about backing up and I thought I had done that through synchronising.  I can't seem to recover the stuff that was loaded onto the phone when I bought it and the update version you mentioned has been overtaken by later ones and I can't go back to it.  Have you or anyone else got a solution, please.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Vipinsharma701

i'm using the lastest version 10.80 but i notice that there is nothing updated apps.
1. Email,
(missing the notification )
2.IM
(missing the yahoo,gtalk,fb chat)
3. Operamini
(give the 6.1 v)
4. FB application
update it.
Please use plain text.