Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6630 Firmware

Registered Member

Nokia 6630 Firmware

How I update firmware of my cell phone nokia 6630?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
edwardquan

Re: Nokia 6630 Firmware

22-Jun-200703:15 PM
amirji2004 wrote:
How I update firmware of my cell phone nokia 6630?

Two things you need to be aware of before you update your 6630 :

1) If you aren't experiencing any problems which require you to update and you can't live without your phone (in case it goes wrong) my advice to you would be not to update as there is a possibility for things to go wrong. As the Americans say "If it ain't broke don't fix it"
2) Although your phone is listed on the NSU page, depending on what your product code is a new firmware may NOT be available for your phone - the only way of finding out is to give it a go.

You can download the Nokia Software Updater here :

http://www.nokia.co.uk/softwareupdater

However please remember that updating your firmware will wipe out ALL the data on your mobile and return it in a condition similar to how you got it when you first bought it, so you might want to make a backup of your phone using Nokia's PC Suite software which you can find here :

http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite

As I said - there is potential for it to go wrong (although I have updated 2 phones without any problems at all) - so if you aren't confident or can't live without your phone, then I would advise you to contact your local Nokia Service Centre who will also be able to do this for you.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

Edward
Please use plain text.