Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6700 classic update?

3DDude

Nokia 6700 classic update?

[ Edited ]

When will the Europe versions of this phone be updated?

I'm stuck at Firmware V10.5 and its very slow this phone. I read about this :

Nokia 6700 classic
Nokia 6700 classic

The following new features and updating options are available for your Nokia 6700 classic.

Latest software release for Nokia 6700 classic is 13.10
  • New version of Nokia Maps for S40
  • Free turn-by-turn drive navigation
  • Improved camera autofocus
  • Performance improvements

* Please note that the latest software version may not be available for your device, and the benefits listed may not be available to you. For device-specific information, please visit Can I update?
For more information on software availability, please read the FAQs.

So I figured yeah, lets update, it just tells me its not available thats great an update for your type of phone, just not your phone..
And with this update they finaly seem to have managed to get Nokia Maps working (which was promised to me when i actually bought the device -> as in you know being advertised with, but never properly worked... *like a year ago :smileyfrustrated:*

And now i figure we'd just have to wait till someone decides oh yeah there is something called 'Europe' lets port the firmware for those phones..

Come on Nokia, i expect better than this:
Not only false promises (that are publicly advertised)
But no update as well..

Can someone please tell me when the update (since we are at V13+ at the moment) will be available for the EU phones?  (since mine seems to be stuck at 10.5 :smileyfrustrated: )

Let me alter that, since V13.10 is being spread since half a year ago somewhere in June this year.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
m0saz

Re: Nokia 6700 classic update?

It's worth trying again to update. I am on Vodafone and couldn't update several months ago, yet I can now. One 6700 classic I have (there are 3 in my family), I tried updating using the built-in update method (known as update over-the-air) and it completely wrecked the phone - many others have had this problem so unless confirmed otherwise, its worth using Ovi to update, or at least try!

Good luck.

Visit my Technology Blog - amiga600.net
Please use plain text.