Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 700: Problems after update to 112.010.14...

Contributor
jsyrovat

Nokia 700: Problems after update to 112.010.1404

[ Edited ]

After updating to latest SW v. 112.010.1404, several problems occur:

- some of the Tones disappeared from Phone memory (the following were away, used previously: Message 9.aac, Ring Ring.aac, Eternal.aac, Email 5.aac) - I was really totally dissappointed - without any warning I did not simply find out, until I had lot of missed calls - I simply did not react, thinking it was somebody else's phone ringing !

- Google Maps has completely stopped working ! WHY???

- All applications organized in subfolders have been moved to a single folder - ROOT !!! This happened also after previous update - Hey NOKIA, I'm totally disappointed with this aproach ! I spend quite some time organizing my things, which are then getting into a complete mess after each of YOUR's update ?!?!

- Some of "funny" behaviours introduced - like disconnecting WiFi, and using 2G conn. instead (perhaps some alliance with phone companies, to let them make more money?) - USB Mass Storage is disconnected immediately on the first use - copy files and Ovi Suite mode is back, I had to kill the Ovi Suite on PC to get it work.

- right side sroller - simply does NOT work on any lists!

- the phone is getting frozen every few minutes? When really using it - configuring, etc. Sometime it freezes for several seconds, then all typed text appears at once with delay, sometime I have no patience to wait and steal the battery to get it reset.

To be honest, I'm keeping myself with very last power before learning this wonderful phone flying - outside of 8th floor window...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
milan_a

Re: Nokia 700: Problems after update to 112.010.1404

Hi,

After the update to install applications from the Ovi Store I do not have the opportunity to determine the storage medium, where the application is installed. The application is always installed on an external microSD card. I would like to install the internal mass memory. How can this be adjusted?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@milan_a

Whilst in Nokia Store application > tap on "head & shoulder" icon at far right of screen to get to My Stuff > Installation preferences and choose E:\Mass memory for both "Install games and applications".

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
zotya

HI!

My problem is that i cant use the bt and the wifi at the same time. When i listen to music through bt and i try use the wifi, the sound begin to falter then drop the wifi connection. If i try play a youtube video with wifi and send its sound bt, the player's message is that: could not connection. Sometimes it works, but the sound get stuck and the wifi connection throw off. what can i do?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hannahaustin

Nokia  700  hanging up , unpredictable and unintended screen changes and  application  start ups. multiple  re-installs   have not  helped

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
amateur95

Hi :smileyhappy: i have problew with my browser. I can browse web and can visit all the sites, but when i try to go on facebook, browser just stop working and i can go on every site except fb.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LazyboI

after d update my media player only plays an avi of 1hr 50minz lng den d audio just jumps 2 d end yle d video is still playing right :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jsyrovat

Obviously the problem has been solved by a patch in Jan 2013 (mentioned in the comment what the patch is needed for - fixing compatibility of 3rd party applications such as Lotus Notes). This also fixed Google Maps. The recent version is now 113.010.1506.

Took more than half a year to fix Nokia own bug, which the Nokia support refused to see as their bug, but bug of 3rd party applications - I was always directed to Google, to fix the Google Maps application, very funny - but not from my point of view.

Anyhow thanks for finally fixing it Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Taylor184

Pls,i did hard reset on my nokia 700,but after,the sim is no longer working with it...anytym i insert the sim,the phone wil jst go off after showing the nokia logo...but if there is no sim there,the phone will start normally...pls what is d problem?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
catabog

Hi I have problmes with my nokia 700 after pdating to 113.010.1506 version

The major problem is tha camera is not working, when I tap the camera widget it starts but there is no buton to take the photo and then the application refuse to stop.

Please advice, the phone is on O2 network, nor unlocked.

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
tollypeculiar

Hey, the mass memory of my nokia700 has disappeared, when I press on it, it continues to say memory in use. It makes the phone hang. I've flashed the phone, formated it with the same result. Please and please help me out.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@tollypeculiar did you use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool for that? If that was applied successfully but did not help either, that Nokia 700 might face a hardware issue. To double-check that, did you talk to your retailer already? Normally, a retailer sends your phone to a local, but genuine Nokia Care Centre for further inspection.

Please use plain text.