2012-04-27 21:33 - edited 2012-04-27 21:34
After updating to latest SW v. 112.010.1404, several problems occur:
- some of the Tones disappeared from Phone memory (the following were away, used previously: Message 9.aac, Ring Ring.aac, Eternal.aac, Email 5.aac) - I was really totally dissappointed - without any warning I did not simply find out, until I had lot of missed calls - I simply did not react, thinking it was somebody else's phone ringing !
- Google Maps has completely stopped working ! WHY???
- All applications organized in subfolders have been moved to a single folder - ROOT !!! This happened also after previous update - Hey NOKIA, I'm totally disappointed with this aproach ! I spend quite some time organizing my things, which are then getting into a complete mess after each of YOUR's update ?!?!
- Some of "funny" behaviours introduced - like disconnecting WiFi, and using 2G conn. instead (perhaps some alliance with phone companies, to let them make more money?) - USB Mass Storage is disconnected immediately on the first use - copy files and Ovi Suite mode is back, I had to kill the Ovi Suite on PC to get it work.
- right side sroller - simply does NOT work on any lists!
- the phone is getting frozen every few minutes? When really using it - configuring, etc. Sometime it freezes for several seconds, then all typed text appears at once with delay, sometime I have no patience to wait and steal the battery to get it reset.
To be honest, I'm keeping myself with very last power before learning this wonderful phone flying - outside of 8th floor window...
After the update to install applications from the Ovi Store I do not have the opportunity to determine the storage medium, where the application is installed. The application is always installed on an external microSD card. I would like to install the internal mass memory. How can this be adjusted?
Whilst in Nokia Store application > tap on "head & shoulder" icon at far right of screen to get to My Stuff > Installation preferences and choose E:\Mass memory for both "Install games and applications".
Symbian specialist until 31/01/2013 with interests in Maemo & MeeGo but an aversion to Windows!
My problem is that i cant use the bt and the wifi at the same time. When i listen to music through bt and i try use the wifi, the sound begin to falter then drop the wifi connection. If i try play a youtube video with wifi and send its sound bt, the player's message is that: could not connection. Sometimes it works, but the sound get stuck and the wifi connection throw off. what can i do?
Nokia 700 hanging up , unpredictable and unintended screen changes and application start ups. multiple re-installs have not helped
Obviously the problem has been solved by a patch in Jan 2013 (mentioned in the comment what the patch is needed for - fixing compatibility of 3rd party applications such as Lotus Notes). This also fixed Google Maps. The recent version is now 113.010.1506.
Took more than half a year to fix Nokia own bug, which the Nokia support refused to see as their bug, but bug of 3rd party applications - I was always directed to Google, to fix the Google Maps application, very funny - but not from my point of view.
Anyhow thanks for finally fixing it Nokia!