Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 700 and Belle FP1: Product codes which d...

Contributor
cannam

Re: Nokia 700 and Belle FP1: Product codes which don't have updates yet (ping skyee)

[ Edited ]

bat400 wrote:
Or it might result in you being able to use the phone in the way it was intended.  But rules are rules, and I'm sorry for being a naughty boy.  I was only trying to offer a glimmer of hope to those poor souls who have Tesco product codes.  I guess there is no hope.

I also lost patience and (emboldened by your reported success) went for the "unofficial" method. I figured that, reluctant though I was to invalidate the warranty, that warranty probably wasn't worth much from a company that couldn't even ship out updates to its customers in the first place.

On the one hand, I'm angry about having to go to these lengths to get an update that was supposed to have been available to me nearly six months ago -- never mind FP1, my unlocked unbranded 700 never got the earlier 111.030 update (and I had wanted that one).

On the other hand... a Nokia 700 with FP1 is a really nice phone. It's hard to stay angry for long.

Neat, thin form factor, excellent screen, expandable storage and replaceable battery, physical buttons all well placed. Immaculately built... in Hungary, where Nokia laid off most of their workers at the end of last year.

With Belle FP1 and the faster clock speed it's smooth, straightforward and enjoyable to use. Sure there are some extra things I could still do with (integrated notifications of new email for example) but it's for the first time a phone I could actually recommend to friends who liked the size and construction... running on an operating system cut adrift in February last year and effectively canned with Nokia's last round of layoffs.

Not so many apps for it, but a number of nice smooth Qt-based ones, including a few very slick and useful apps from Nokia, and it's an attractive device for a Qt developer like me to think of developing for... if only there was an ecosystem around it and if only future devices were compatible... and if Nokia hadn't abandoned Qt in their platform strategy twice, once with the switch to WP7 and again when refocusing on S40 a month ago.

Yep, the 700 is a wonderful example of what might have been. I'm tempted to buy another as a spare, just because I like it so much and its future is so plainly bleak. I wonder how many of the services on it would stop working if Nokia went under?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
telemaxx

Re: Nokia 700 and Belle FP1: Product codes which don't have updates yet (ping skyee)

I think i never get the Update for my Phone:

059L6T3 (RM_670_CV_Germany_VAR183327_black_grey_SW111_020_0308_V1)

When i bought my unlocked, unbranded Phone from Amazon, i already know that Symbian is Dead.

Nokia told us they support Symbian a while and give us Updates.

As a Nokia Fan i orders the 700 to support Nokia in this hard times.

But now i know, I don't see an Update ever.

Maybe somebody can send me a PM with the Link of the unofficial Way.

If i lost my warranty, doesnt matter.

Thanks to yvonne. Good to know, that there i still one Nokia employee which has not forgotten the Symbian Users.

Thanks,

Thomas

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi telemaxx,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the Nokia forum.

The last software version for your Nokia 700 is 112.010.1404, you will find all the informations about this update via this link. To update your phone, I would suggest you to connect it with Nokia suite and click on the green arrow icon. Any available updates will be listed here.

Hope this helps and feel free to post any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Pfrancoise

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
telemaxx

Hi Pfrancoise,

thanks for you're reply.

I connect my 700 every Week with the latest Nokia Suite(3.4.49).

Since I bought this Phone last Year, I got only one Update via green arrow Icon:

"skydrive". When I start that app I get: "Function not supported"

Not important, I don't need that App.

But now Firmware Update. See attachment.

The best is: if I start the green Arrow App on my Phone to get a Update OTA I get:

"Good News, you're 700 is already on the latest Version"

I can not laugh about that joke.

Regards,

Thomas

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sebastian742

..same with my 700,-this is NOT a good joke..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
am79

Same with my 700... product code 059L6T3 (unbranded retail version!).
This sucks...
Why should I ever buy Nokia again? Come on - at least be honest and confirm that we will NEVER get this update.
Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

Hi all,

Could everyone facing this problem post some basic information here:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-603-700-or-701-without-FP1-please-post-countr...

So that we can try and get some answers from Nokia at the highest level, Stephen Elop.

Thanks

Alan

Please use plain text.
Contributor
david_alex

Hi,

I've been checking for months with Nokia Suite, now 3.4.49 for my Nokia 701, 059L5H2, it is 111.030.0609, should be 112. Bought it SIM free, from eBay, arrived from Hong Kong, they said there are some incompatibilities...

Any FP2 at least?

Best regards,

David.

Please use plain text.
gSLIDE

[ Edited ]

Mine was 059L6R6, belle 111.010.1009, and still no Belle FP1 updates!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NicolaeAS

Hi i have same problem with update(N700) i got mine from romania - independent supplyer and sim free my code is 059L4F1 and its been so long and no fk ing update yet...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
better_belle

I was a naughty boy and flashed my firmware since Nokia hadn't bothered to update my firmware from 111.020.xxx since September last year.

Easier than I thought. Clean. Slick.
Loving my phone now. Really am.
FP1 is awesome.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sebastian742

..this is what nokia is waiting for: everybody is flashing there  devices themthelves:thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nyum

Hi,

I'm still experiencing the same issue. Stuck on firmware 111.020.0308 Product Code 059L5V1.

It feels like we're being punished for purchasing the handset outright.

I agree with one of the other commentors. Nokia should not be adverstising that FP1 is available for the Nokia 700 when not all Nokia 700 users can download the update. It as a blatant case of False Advertising.

Any update on this case at all? It has now been months since the first post.

Maybe it really is time to buy an Android phone.

Regards,

Tom

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dave700

Can any one please tell me when FP1 will be released for Product code 059L5V1 Nokia 700

Kind Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dave700

Hi interested to know you did the flash. Please can you tell me how you got it and where. I have one of the 700 it appears Nokia have forgotten.

Kind Regards

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
homermb

hi

i have code 059L4G3 and don't have update yet

why?

thnaks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I assume the two messages from ScienceVessel were deleted either (a) by Nokia, for suggesting naughty things, or (b) by themself because they realised that what they suggested wasn't actually possible.  It's all a bit depressing really.  If Nokia just released the updates then we wouldn't need to have this discussion.  As far as I can see, ScienceVessel was wrong on both counts (especially the PC bit).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tjorchard

My vodafone contract 700 seems to have pulled through, 059L3Z1. Version 112.010.1404 now downloaded and fully operational. Hope anyone still waiting is as fortunate soon.

Please use plain text.
_pablo_

Me too.... 059L4G3 ... not yet !!!! WHY????????????????

I still promote nokia to my friends... but now I think it's too much...

Please use plain text.
fxater

I've a Nokia 700 with belle but no fp1?
My product number is 059L4F1. Do you have an idea when the update will be available?
Please use plain text.