Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 7210 Supernova firmware update via bluetooth

Accepted Solution

Nokia 7210 Supernova firmware update via bluetooth

Hello, sirs!

I have just obtain Nokia 7210 Supernova and i want to update cell firmware. Current version is 04.87, RM-436.

I know only one offical way to update firmware - Nokia Software Updater, which requires USB connection. But in the cell I find following menu option:

Settings -> Phone -> Phone updates -> Download phone software -> Bluetooth -> ...

How i can use this feature?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 7210 Supernova firmware update via bluetooth

I've the same interest... But there is no official info about this =(
Please use plain text.

I was wrote to support about this problem and got explanation: you must have a second 7210 with phone update, loaded by GPRS. In this case, you can update the first phone using bluetooth connection with second device.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

yepp... It's the great solution...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Prabz

Hi, Sorry for posting it here again, but I didn't find this information anywhere.

Apart from connecting to another 7210 could we make a personal area network with DHCP on a bluetooth enabled computer, and use the pc's internet connection?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

No, the phone only recognizes the data sent from another phone.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rahul_456

hello sir,i have problem with my nokia 7210 supernovapice.my musicplayer does not work,when i open musicplayer or any mp3 file the error shows that not enough memory and my calculater does not work.please give me responce to solve this problem.   Thankyou

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
achyutpandya

i ve also got d same problem.....der is only 1 way out.........go to nokia care and update your software for Rs 300...........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
phant0m255

Re: Nokia 7210 failed to download apps

Hi sirs....

I have downloaded a software opera mini last Nov 17 with my nokia 7210 supernova.... After several weeks it turned X or I can't access it.... Then I deleted it and downloaded it again but this time.... It says "INVALID APPLICATION"... I tried to download games I used to download but the response is the same.... Can you help me with this problem???

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia 7210 failed to download apps

phant0m255

it's a firmware problem not yet fixed by nokia .

Please use plain text.