Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 7230 Firmware v 10.81

Contributor
zaleyx256

Nokia 7230 Firmware v 10.81

I recently updated my Nokia 7230 firmware from v9.83 to v10.81 and completed it successfully. But after the update, i was no longer able to open my nokia browser, view any pictures, and each time i customize my settings like re-arrange the main menu, restarting the phone again will disorganise everything. I can't even synchronise with PC suite coz it ain't detected...but i can use other PC suite features like transfer files. The phone memory cannot even be accessed now. Pliz help..can i undo the update or format the phone safely?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia 7230 Firmware v 10.81

Your phone being an S40..its not possible to do Soft / Hard Resets..Remove the battery and the Memory Card.. Insert only the battery and switch the phone ON.. See for any difference... Switch OFF..insert the Memory card.. then try again..

Last you may try re-installing the firmware...

Please use plain text.
ahsina

i cant reinstall the firmware again..it says i already installed the new firmware.plz help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

How did you try ? OVI Suite will give you an option to Re-install...NSU ( New Beta version available at Beta Labs) also has this option...

Please use plain text.
ahsina

I tried everything..!! And i didnt find any re-install option in new OVI.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

When you go to Tools --> Software Updates.. don't you get this option ?  (Refer attachment..)

Please use plain text.
kolbas

I have the same problem, there is no way to connect a phone and make it work, it says ovi suite/pc suite does not support your phone please reconnect usb, or reinstall software...    what is the problem with it ?

Please use plain text.
ahsina

i didnt get that option..:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Its a bit wierd...

You may try the Nokia Software Updater ..

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-software-updater

... and would also request you to post the issue of OVI Suite (Beta) at the Beta Labs site..

Please use plain text.
ahsina

i even tried NSU..!!

Thnq very much 4r ur support.

I'll post the issue at Beta labs site..

Please use plain text.
kolbas

It is impossible to reinstall software, because it says that phone is not supported. What did Nokia do with this software ?  It's the first time that happends.... :smileysad:    I mean, obviously i'm not the only case.  Alot of things are missing from applications, calculator, browser are among, pictures cannot be opened, it just won't save preferences or anything.... I have to say, i'm largely dissapointed.

Please use plain text.
ahsina

[ Edited ]

@kolbas,,same thing happened with me too..!! i  vl show my mobile in service center within a few days..hope that they fix the problem soon..!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zaleyx

This firmware version v10.81 has now actually rendered my camera useless, coz i cant view any pictures i take.... it just keeps saying "please wait" when u try to open a picture, but nothing seems to happen. Is there any way to re-install the previous firmware v9.83?

Please use plain text.
manejist

everthing just went wrong after dl 10.81 ... ! my ovi store is lost ! my brower cant use ! anything i save in my home menu will b lost and need to put it back once i swtich off phone. grrr. cant nokia solve this  thing faster ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zaleyx256

Isn't there any way to adress this issue directly to Nokia Corp..??? Coz it looks like lots of us are affected by this.... This Firmware version should be taken off the internet coz it's killing our nokia phones.....

Looks like we may have to find new phone brands that have bug-free firmwares, other than Nokia..!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mathewaj

I agree with you.I think they are making software updates for fun.I never found an improved perfomance after software update.Nokia must make a fast solution for it.I am lossing my hope in nokia.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alyalaa

Thank god that i read these comments on the new S.W 10.81 ,coz i was going to update my NOKIA 7230 S.W from 9.83 To 10.81 , but when i read these comeent about bad Version i give up updating it . i hope NOKIA Co. develope  a new on quickly

Please use plain text.
Bane23

NOKIA Co give us 7230-1c driver, so we can reinstall firmware.
OS recognize phone as Nokia Portable Device because of a missing driver.
Hope You'll help us :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mathewaj

Is there any other options for the customers who installed new sw??

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

It is strange that even with the same sw you are not able to update your phone.

The only way then to update your phone is to visit the nearest Nokia Care Point.

To find your nearest Nokia Care Point, visit http://www.nokia.com/support and select the Repair page.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.