Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 303 Firmware Update.

Advisor
shirin264
Accepted Solution

Nokia Asha 303 Firmware Update.

Please tell me when I will get the firmware update for my Nokia Asha 303 :

• Phone Name : Nokia 303
  • Product Type : RM-763
  • Varian Name : Rm-763 Var Apac-mh2 In Cv Graphite
  • Product Code : 059N8S3

Thanks

SK

SK
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Re: Nokia Asha 303 Firmware Update.

Hi shirin264,

Welcome to the forum! As a standard policy Nokia does not publish information regarding to the launch dates and content of the future updates except in rare special cases. Please refer to the Asha 303 product page. 

Hope this cleared the matter.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
shirin264

On product page its showing that v14.60 is available for Nokia  Asha 303 but I want to know why I am not getting it. I tried it with Nokia Suite and with my device...its not detecting available update.

Please reply me...

Thanks

SK

SK
Please use plain text.
Advisor
shirin264

Can anyone tell me why Nokia not releasing Update for my Device...I have also paid 7500 Rs.

Product Code : 059N8S3

Thanks & Regards

SK

SK
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi shirin264,

If you look at the link below, it takes you to the software update page for your device. And the latest version is indeed v14.60. But if you read carefully under the latest software section it does say

"* Please note that the latest software version may not be available for your device, and the benefits listed may not be available to you, or be available in selected countries."

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/device-software-update

So the availabilty of the is dependant on your region and network operator approval.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

You can check here what is the latest SW for your device. It seems that the latest is 14.38. There can be several reasons why the latest SW is not available for your device as stated in the post from 

Jampe 

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
shirin264

It means in India I will not get the updated version..?

But sir my previous mobile was Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Purchased in Abu Dhabi) and I got every update with the same operator and region (in India).

It may be possible Nokia still updating its release to other variant.

Please sir try to solve my issue...because if We will not get improvement benefits then why we purchase Nokia Device in India..!

I will wait one more week after that I will say bye to Nokia foreever...

Regards

SK

SK
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

As you have purchased the device from Abu Dhabi and it was SIM-free, it could be that the update has not been released to that market for some reason. If it was SIM-locked, then it might depend on the operator. Unfortunately at the moment the Asha 303 product page in UAE page gives "503 - Temporary maintenance break" so I cannot confirm if the update has been officially released in Abu Dhabi.

Jampe

Please use plain text.
Advisor
shirin264

[ Edited ]

Sir my Nokia Asha 303 also sim free I can put any operator its prepaid card there is no restriction.

I think Nokia is delaying its update release because this particular variant has many Indian Language, I am just guesing...

I don't know exact reason but I want to know and only Nokia Official can reply me the exact reason why Nokia not releasing update for APAC-MH2 IN CV and I realized that many other variants are not listed in new updation list.

I checked it on Net.

Note :  I purchased Asha 303 in Indian and its Made in India.

I had purchased Nokia 5530 my previous mobile from Abu Dhabi for which I got regular update here in India and also in Abu Dhabi.

I am a very big fan of Nokia in anger I said that  I will not use Nokia Device but u guys really working hard to provide solution to Nokia Customer and its appreciable...sorry Nokia.

One more thing my device is working fine infact it works like a charm..but I am a power user and a software developer thats why I am trying hard to know what is the exact reason.

Thanks for ur Help I really appreciate ur effort.

SK

SK
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Yes my bad, you were talking about the last device you had. Sorry about the misunderstanding. In this case you could contact your local Nokia Care point to see if there is something they can do. It's very nice to hear you appreciate our efforts. Also good to hear the device is otherwise meeting your expectations.

Jampe

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
daotan

Please tell me when I will get the firmware update for my Nokia Asha 303 :

• Phone Name : Nokia 303
  • Product Type : RM-763
  • Varian Name : Rm-763 Var Apac-vi In Cv Graphite
  • Product Code : 059J1H2
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@daotan please, dial *#0010# and give us the second line. V 14.76 is available for your Nokia product Code (059J1H2) and should be available both via the phone menu and the Nokia Software Recovery Tool on a computer. Are you looking for V 14.87: There you go …

Please use plain text.