Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 303 Update?

Advisor
Keevin_Jersey
Accepted Solution

Nokia Asha 303 Update?

I found out that there's an update for my device Nokia Asha 303 v13.44, but every time I try to download the update via device it tells me that there's No New Software Update Available. Either using GPRS or WiFi... **bleep**?!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia Asha 303 Update?

Availability of update depends on Product Code / Region. Also, for Network locked device, update is possible only after an approval from the Operator. As per this, even if there is an update released for the model in general, it need not be necessarily for YOUR phone. Keep on checking thru' phone as well as Nokia Suite...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Keevin_Jersey

Oh, one more thing. I downloaded Nokia Suite, the installation took like 30 minutes, once done connected my device and then Nokia Suite freezes and eventually stops responding... Why is that? Tried everything from restarting my pc to uninstalling the Suite and reinstalling, still the problem persist... Hmm...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Hope you have downloaded from here... Else, try the latest beta version from here .

To download the installer, you need to log-in using the SAME credentials that you use on this Forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Keevin_Jersey

Ok. I guess...
My device doesn't have Maps right? So why does certain folders just keep appearing in my memory card, even though I deleted them? Folders like cities, temp, etc...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Refer Pg. 34 onwards in the User_Guide ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Keevin_Jersey

I don't have a pdf reader...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Keevin_Jersey

My apologies sir, I forgot to mention I'm using my device. I left my pc at home, which is about 300 kms away... Sorry...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

It says there is Maps application on the phone.. You may refer it when you are back home..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Keevin_Jersey

But I don't see a Map app on my device... Apps and Games none...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try setting up Homescreen shortcuts.. Do you see MAPs in the list that appears. On my Nokia X3-00 also I could not find MAPs in the Menu..but accidentally came across it while setting the Shortcuts...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Keevin_Jersey

That's a negative sir... I already have my Homescreen set up since I purchase the device... Should I just take it to a Nokia Service Center?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Keevin_Jersey

Also I want to let you know that some retail stores here in the Philippines remove the memory card and other accessories from the box when you purchase. Like my device, came without a usb wire, and a memory card... What do you think sir?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Sorry..but the items you have listed do not appear in the SALES PACKAGE for your region..as mentioned here ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Keevin_Jersey

But it was mentioned on the box and user guide... Hmm... I hate false advertisement... Thank for your time sir... I'll post again when I encounter another problem...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Keevin_Jersey

An example of False Advertisement - It's More Fun In The Philippines...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You may address your concern directly to Nokia using the 'Contact Us' tab at the top of this page ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Anupindisriram

Version 14.60 is available now...try to update your phone today.:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
robin18

how about here in the philippines? Is there any update? It always sa's no new software, tsk
Please use plain text.
roxasjeff

#Rob18 try to connect your phone in pc suite. My phone is update already 14.60.
Please use plain text.