Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia Belle Australia

Contributor
gbredon

I am also disappointed. I have an E7 and what I have seen about Belle appears to be much more user friendly than anna.  I am amazed that Nokia has taken so long to release Belle.  It's a shame that such a great piece of technology is so let down by a marketing division that simply runs roughshod over its customers. I had a look at a Samsung today and the only thing preventing me from buying it was the E7's pull-out keyboard and the chance that Belle may be released soon in Australia.

Professor
jraduga

Paul, I actually got those codes from the servers the day that i made that post.  I unfortunately do not know anybody living in new zealand or that has a NZ phone. I got those codes only off the servers. I only go off what i see on the servers, dont trust anything else.

Are they not there now?

Professor
jraduga

Just checked those codes are still on the servers, complete with files. Only N8 though

Professor
jraduga

Ya i agree with you gbredon, although i really dislike andriod and the lack of the keyboard, however i did see what i believe to be a motorola that looks almost the same as the E7, with a keyboard and all. 

Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

@Paul, just checked servers for E7, nothing there for new zealand or australia =/

@cataholic you might want to try updating your nokia suite, that might solve your problem is you're one of those codes and cannot update... Those updated are definitely up on server
Contributor
Xequez

My contract ends in 12 months, at which time I will upgrade to a new phone. 

The question i want Nokia to answer is - Will i get Belle before i upgrade my phone?

The way things are going, i don't think so. 

Thanks Nokia. 

Counsellor
craig_baldie

Xequez wrote:
Will i get Belle before i upgrade my phone?

The delay for Anna to be released here in Australia was about 3 months behind the global release if I remember correctly. If thats anything to go by it should be here in another 6 weeks.
I can't for the life of me work out why Nokia Australia didn't plan this out beforehand with the telco's to avoid the situation happening again

Counsellor
wateratz

I suspect that the only N8's sold here in New Zealand were through Vodafone. Their version is customised in a small way to show the Vodafone Logo, and maybe lock the Product Code.

I think Nokia released the generic APAC Belle updates, that you could use if you had a phone that had had it's Product Code changed to these specific codes. However Vodafone probably insist on having a play with Belle in their own good time, before approving it, and Nokia adding in their customisation when Vodafone say they're happy, then maybe approving it again.

I tried changing my Product Code using the various tools that enable you to do it, but it seems as though it's locked. On restart, the original 059C7R0 re-appears even thought it was reported as changed. The are reports on the web that hint at this.

It is possible, being the eternal optomist I am, that the Belle released with the NZ Vodafone mods will also have the required bug-fixes that all the pioneers have found!

It would be nice though if there was some forward communication. Down here, even Nokia themselves don't know when it will be released. This shows it's out of their hands.

Counsellor
rizt

Should I be concerned that the software updates page on the Vodafone Blog doesn't list the E7 at all? I can't remember if this was the same back when we waited three months for Anna.

And also Nokia/mods who only appear every 2 months/whoever the **bleep** manages these forums,

You forums are **bleep**ing broken. I don't want a **bleep**ING Panda or any 'characters' as my avatar when there are two other categories of avatars available, and THEY DON'T **bleep**ING WORK. How the **bleep** are you ever going to get coding software right if you can't even get HTML right. Seriously.

Professor
jraduga

no you shouldnt be concerned that the vodaphone page doesnt list the E7. If belle ever gets released in australia then the E7 will get it.

if you check the list on the http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability

you will see e7 listed for vodaphone and others, along with the generics as well.

We should be more concerned that the lumia which has only just been released all ready has an update in being tested, no wonder no one was game to say anything about Belle and its progress they have been to busy working on the stupid lumia update, that very few people have yet. Whilst all the thousands and thousands of other nokia customers go without.

Counsellor
craig_baldie

i noticed the date on the availability page has been updated but of course no change to Australian status.
Maybe next week, or the next week, or pehaps the week after that
Professor
jraduga

craig_baldie wrote:
i noticed the date on the availability page has been updated but of course no change to Australian status.
Maybe next week, or the next week, or pehaps the week after that

Its still in planning for good reason, Its still being written, i would suggest that it has only just been started.

Vodaphone are this week reporting that they have received the update for the lumia and are now testing it. Last week it was listed as being prepared for submission, same as N8,E7 etc. This week they have received the lumia update. So i guess they are only just stating to seriously work on belle for us.

in other words everything else gets dropped for their precious lumia.

It will be months and months before we get belle, especially at the way telstra test things.

Counsellor
diprotodon

jraduga, isn't Symbian a concern for Accenture who are contracted by Nokia.  In which case, what is going on there?  I can't see how Lumia and Symbian are connected beyond marketing effort.  When you look at it this way, it would appear that there could be a problem with contract management that has left Australia, NZ, Canada and Israel out of the loop.

Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Contracts have began expiring for N8 and E7 owners..Over the next 12mths , most of those will be upgrading..And from what i see on Forums , it wont be Lumia. Most were considering the 808, but with the appalling failure to deliver Belle in Australia, many are considering Sony and HTC.. And who can blame them?
Counsellor
rizt

I really, honestly and Wholeheartedly wish that Nokia + Windows Fails now. That way Nokia can completely ignore Australia and NZ, win win for all parties involved. Frikkin Turds >_>

Counsellor
jamo128

my next phone will be a windows 8 phone, tho at this rate it wont be a nokia one.
Counsellor
a340500

+1 anything else BUT(T) Nokia.. Never again..

Professor
jraduga

diprotodon wrote:

jraduga, isn't Symbian a concern for Accenture who are contracted by Nokia.  In which case, what is going on there?  I can't see how Lumia and Symbian are connected beyond marketing effort.  When you look at it this way, it would appear that there could be a problem with contract management that has left Australia, NZ, Canada and Israel out of the loop.

No it shouldnt be as it had already been started before accenture took over, Which i believe is also part of the reason for the name change from symbian Belle, Nokia Belle. When I originally spoke to Nokia the day after they did the world release, I was advised that we werent to get it at all, and that it was a marketing decision. It wasnt till we all complained as much as we did, that Nokia changed its mind.

You will also note that any generic phones in canada was given the update immediately, it was only those who use branded phones who did not recieve the update. So if there was some sort of contract management issue surely it would relate to all phones in canada and not just to branded ones.

The only reason we can all see is that the release happened about the same time that the lumia was to be released here, so they wanted people to upgrade (downgrade depending on how you look at it), by getting us to buy a lumia... Unfortuantely for Nokia the 610, 710 and 800 generally speaking are lesser phones than the N8 or the E7, why would anyone want to go backwards in features.

Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Hardware and feature wise, the Lumias are not on par with N8 or E7. From what i have seen on Forums, those who have E7 and N8 are planning to upgrade to 808, not Lumia. At least most were until they were Jilted by Nokia Australia. In any case, its really bad timing for upgrades, because a great number of them are still on contracts, especially E7 owners. AH well, Nokias loss and Sony/Samsungs gain.
Professor
jraduga

Ah well we know the old saying, you make the bed, you get to lay in it. And nokia definitely made this bed.