Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle Australia

Advisor
Mushroom

I have an X7 which I updated on a 2 year contract in November.

I have been a Nokia user for more years than I can remember but this will be my last. 

Why is there no class action being taken against Nokia for false advertising?  We were promised a world release and they must have known at the time that Australia was not included, 

Now some of us are stuck with phones that we couldn't even sell and we have just been forgotten.

No decent time frames given, no further updates except that it still in planning. Planning??? 

This is an absolute insult. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mushroom

Thanks Paul. Good idea.
I've done a copy & paste to their page. Let's see how long it stays there.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rizt

[ Edited ]

Just went to their Facebook page and quite frankly, it was just so depressing watching all those new people with their Lumias and whatnot. I don't have Facebook anymore but I really wanted to warn them that after a few months, Nokia won't give a rats **bleep** and there will be no support for them whatsoever after a couple of months because Nokia will suddenly forget Australia again. >.>

What was annoying was the fact that they have got a person sitting on their Facebook page replying almost real time to queries or posts or deleting them, but when someone asked them about Belle it was the same bog standard reply. I mean SERIOUSLY?! You're still **bleep**ing working on it for the last TWO months?? This is EXCLUDING the time you must have spent preparing it for your 'Worldwide' release..... Get a **bleep**ing grip will you, My dog codes quicker than that and I don't even HAVE a dog. AAAARGGH RAGE!

Edit : Removed a typo, NOT losing a post trying your **bleep** spell check which doesn't work on your **bleep** forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mushroom

I heard the same old answer that we are getting given to a person who ordered a Lumia 800 but it was on back order.
Funny thing is that the Lumia 900 is due out in the USA next month (although it is already late).
They are dumping their old technology on us again. I feel so sorry for those people taken in by the Lumia ads and getting third world **bleep** again.
I wish that there were someone who would stand up for us Aussies when it comes to this sort of thing but it has been going on since the VHS/Beta cassette days. We got talked into **bleep** then that the world didn't want. I remember well because I worked for a company that sold the tapes.
Please use plain text.
Employee
J_Lo_

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

Here is the official news on Belle for Australia. 

We will begin a phased roll-out of Nokia Belle in the coming weeks, starting with the Nokia C6/C7/E6/N8 and then the Nokia X7 and E7.   Please be aware that timings will vary depending on your operator. 

Thanks

Jonathan from Nokia Care, Australia

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mushroom

[ Edited ]

Sorry, but I think that is what we were told almost word for word shortly before Belle for Australia went into "planning".
We have long memories and short tempers.

Weeks could be 10 or 12 or 20. This means nothing. It was supposed to be depending on the carriers 2 months ago.

Round and round we go. 

I am disgusted!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

yay, my nokia X7, which is one of the newer phones form nokia is left to last...
Nokia, you really are bad at marketing. i can safe to say, when windows 8 phone comes out, YOU WONT BE GETTING MY MONEY.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Hey Jonathon, Thanks for the info.

actually guys thats a little different to what we have heard before.

In this case Jonathon is one of the good guys here, I have spoken to him on several occasions and he will try to help where he can. At the very least its more than we ever got from Kerttu who seems to have just disappeared, just as well he really didnt do anything anyway

I know 'weeks' can mean any amount of time in the future, but Jonathon will we relying on what he can managed to find out for us from the departments oversea's that actually look after the writing of the firmware. I know what you mean about the X7 being last, i have an E7 so i am in the same boat as i know many of the people we speak to here are.

Our frustrations need to be directed to Nokia asia, nokia HQ (finland), to make sure they never forget us again ever.

We Australians matter in this world, and this includes the guys and girls in Nokia Australia.  If only we could make nokia Australia the head office for all of asia, I believe we would all be better off.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SilentSony

couple of weeks is just too late for me, going to get a Sony in ~2 weeks, belle prob would have staved this off but too little too late for my E7

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

thats ashame too come so close. do you have to make your decision so soon.?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mushroom

Not coming as close as you may think jraduga it could sill be a couple of months before Belle is ready to be released to the carriers and a month or two more before they approve it.

That's the best case scenario.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

so its been a while since I let everyone know what I know. generic within a week and a half.. then the telcos 2 weeks after that so mid apirl
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rizt

Source??
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bushaven

I come on to this site now and again to get updates on my N8 only to find to my amazement the same contributors whinging about the delayed update to Belle. The same contributors were commenting months ago on how happy they were with Anna but now this is not good enough and before that were complaining about the delayed release of anna. These are phones guys and dont have to have the latest updates. You will always be dissapointed that what is new today is old tomorrow. As a piece of hardware my N8 is fine, Symbian is dated but I am still able to do what I want on it. All Belle is is a bit of window dressing. Try turning off all the wallpapers and frills , I run black screens and run in power saving mode most of the time and see how great the battery life can be even with high numbers of business calls or playing music for a whole day, or having bluetooth connected to hands free. Generally after a days use my N8 has still over 60% battery life. In fact if Belle was released I dont know whether I would even bother to update in case something that I liked changed. Most phone owners would not be aware of some of these updates. You perhaps should research the purchase of your phone to suit your use for a 2 or 3 year period, accept any updates when or if they come and plan your next phone purchase whether it be a Nokia or other and save your energies for more enjoyable persuits, in other words get a life. My next phone looks like being a Lumia 900 should it be released in Australia such is my experience with my Nokia. Updates or lack of them are of minimal importance and if you dont accept this you will be constatly dissapointed.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

and copy and pasting messages is just annoying to people who read them in both threads, 

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

bushaven wrote:

Whether you need them or not, whether you want them or not, Neither is my issue. As you said very happy with my phone working as it is.

But what i dont like is the entire eorld getting an update and have Nokia tell us we dont have the same option or rights as the rest of the world. To be told that no one in australia is not to get Belle which is exactly what happened at the beginning of the world wide rollout, is simply wrong. We should have the same options as everybody else, that for those that feel they need it then they can update, for those that dont want to at the moment that is fine as well.

I purely say we should have the same options as the rest of the world, and we all regardless of country have a right to some reasonable responses when we ask reasonable questions. At the moment we have people who have issues after they have updated to belle, they have posted the issues and not had even a simple response to say someone is looking into it.

I am in 2 minds as to whether or not i will update, on one hand there are things in belle i want, on the other hand there are things that either appear not work at the moment, or things that are no longer included in belle. But it doesnt matter who you are, you should have the choice and after paying for a phone that for many are not even out of warranty as yet, you would expect to be able to get some sort of response to questions or issues raised.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

[ Edited ]

hehe...I checked that page only about an hour it ago it hadnt been updated...LOL...you beat me to it...

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

no the wait to see if telstra have it listed. but from memory we ahve to wait for an extra day with them.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

Telstra update there’s on a Thursday/Friday
Please use plain text.