Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle Australia

Professor
jraduga

Well as usual no one bothers to reply from nokia. And the Australian are not posting much anymore. So i guess nokia you got your wish, you didnt want to have to supply Belle to us, and we arnt buying lumia's, so lets all just call it quits and we'll forget that nokia exists, as its plain that you have forgotten that we exist. ciao
Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

...I'm sure they think we are mostly made of koala's and kangaroos, along with funny birds that cant fly (emu's) anyway, so why would we need nice phones...

At least you don't go around calling yourselves emus. Most of my countrymen love calling themselves kiwis and just adore foreigners calling them kiwis.

Not only can kiwis not fly but they are also pretty much blind, only come out at nights and eat worms. So not much at all is of use to them.  So I suspect we on this side of the Tasman deserve what we get, or in the case of Nokia updates deserve not getting.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

[ Edited ]

I guess Australians are sick to death of chasing Nokia for their updates.. PR1.1, Anna and now Belle..

What a long saga of failures its been here.. We really are the bottom end of the World.  Nokia Australia appear to be completely out of step with the rest of World, - why,? we will never know.. 

Those who are waiting for Belle, will not be going the Lumia direction after this..After contracts are finished, they will either shift to Android or IP..

Nokia still has a chance here, with the 808, but i wonder if it will see the light of day?. While the World is making it available within weeks, Nokia OZ is still "evaluating" whether to sell it.. No doubt they dont want to upstage their massive Lumia promotions. 

sigh..!

( Jumping up and down like a Kangaroo, running round in Circles like an Emu, barking like a Dingo, Snapping like a  Croc..)

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

hmmm didnt know Kiwis eat worms...I think i know where there are a heap of worms that need to be eaten, any chance of bringing some of those kiwis to australia.

Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

[ Edited ]

jraduga wrote:

hmmm didnt know Kiwis eat worms...I think i know where there are a heap of worms that need to be eaten, any chance of bringing some of those kiwis to australia.

Been sending tens of thousands of kiwis across to you for years - if you get any of them to come and eat your worms just be sure you keep your sheep out of sight :smileyhappy:.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

ya Paul the 808 probably wont be released out here till about july-october time frame. just by pass experience. Take the E7 for instance it was release to the world about sept-oct 2010 and out here it was finally release the following year in march 2011. and it was the same for the lumia, you should know you cant rush these things. Afterall we have to battle our way thru all the koala 's and boxing kangaroos etc. Where it then gets put on the back of a horse and cart and taken to the nearest carriers cave for them to look over, and when they are finshed hitting it with their wooden clubs, they throw it back at nokia and then grunt something like all good cave men do. And if its still in one piece and the drool hasnt stopped the phone, then nokia will finally release it. All this takes time you know. you just cant rush the horse and cart or the cavemen.

Wake up Nokia stop dreaming, this is 2012 we are all into our technology ot here with some of the highest takeup of new technology in the world. Get your act together. Totally unsure based solely on service levels why anyone wold buy one out here. Too bad the phone does seem like a nice phone. I think if you buy it,just forget about ever upgrading it or servicing it. Buy it for what it is, cause that all you will ever get.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mushroom

It is not about the software any more or when or if some of us will even get it.

It is about the shame that Nokia Asia has brought upon itself by ignoring a whole country in it's development and then "global" rollout.

I think we Australian Nokia users are more disgusted by being ignored than by missing out on the update. Not only that but we are not getting any real answers as to why Nokia Asia saw fit to leave us off the map altogether.

Shame Nokia, shame.

Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

Mushroom wrote:

It is about the shame that Nokia Asia has brought upon itself by ignoring a whole country in it's development and then "global" rollout.

Don't forget us :smileywink:  - Nokia are talking of NZ and Australia as being the same now. Previously we got Symbian 3 updates for N8 promptly over here (Anna on the first day) but now Nokia speak of Australia/NZ together and so NZ seems to have now joined the ranks of the forgotten with you.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

cataholic wrote:

Mushroom wrote:

Don't forget us :smileywink:  - Nokia are talking of NZ and Australia as being the same now. Previously we got Symbian 3 updates for N8 promptly over here (Anna on the first day) but now Nokia speak of Australia/NZ together and so NZ seems to have now joined the ranks of the forgotten with you.

ya Somehow a huge volume of water called the ocean doesnt count when it comes to youselves and ourselves...We will stand together just like we all have in times gone by. Our new zealand friends are just as valuable as ourselves. A modern day war for the anzacs. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
craig_baldie

Looks like its rolling out!
Heres what Nokia Suite found for my generic E7

http://i.imgur.com/MNhX2.jpg

Please use plain text.
andym74

Exactly right jraduga...when Anna was released worldwide I was so disappointed that Australia was left out...but I soldiered on, I checked those forums every single day, I checked my N8 for updates every single day until was finally released here as well.

I had some problems with my wife's new N8, I was shocked what a poor customer service Nokia Australia offered us...but I soldiered on, after all it was my beloved Nokia, the only brand of mobile phone I ever had singe I got my first mobile in 1997.

Now the Belle debacle, the release that dragged on and on for the aussies...and you know what? I decided I had enough of this...and after much research I have decided to jump ship...and 2 weeks ago I got my self a new Sony Xperia S...and you know what? I absolutely love it....it was a big learning curve in the first couple of days, but after that the whole experience is fantastic....there are few things that I miss from Nokia , but overall, at least for me and my needs, it is a much much better phone and experience, I should have done the switch long time ago, just my silly loyalty for Nokia prevented me to do that.

good luck guys, I really hope you get Belle soon for your phones and you really enjoy the new experience.....if not, trust me, there are really good alternatives out there.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

My nokia X7 is updating FINALLY :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cRAZY_Canuck

[ Edited ]

Updating my N8 as I type, grey on Virgin

It's a 15-20 min update FYI

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mushroom

andym74 wrote:

I should have done the switch long time ago, just my silly loyalty for Nokia prevented me to do that.

The words "loyalty" and "Nokia" may not be seen much more in the same sentence.

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

Having read this thread a few minutes ago I can confirm that the Belle update is available for my generic N8 and E7.

The last time I checked was around the middle of last week and nothing was available so the update must have only been released in the last day or so.

Am too busy to update at the moment so it will have to wait.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

Australian FW updates for N8-00 (i havent checked other models, may have missed a few product codes)

0599326: apac2_blu_australia
059K9T7: apac2_bronze_australia
0599249: apac2_dg_australia
0599302: apac2_gr_australia
0599340: apac2_or_australia
059G146: apac2_pink_australia
0599271: apac2_wh_australia
059D403: N8_00_RM_596_Country_Variant_Australia_AU_Blue_S3.1_V2_COLOR
059D402: N8_00_RM_596_Country_Variant_Australia_AU_Green_S3.1_V2_COLOR
059D597: N8_00_RM_596_CV_Australia_Dark_grey_S3.1_V2_COLOR

Enjoy.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lho003

Well, finally we can download Belle. As least, I can read Chinese on my phone now. Much better than before.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
EUnique

Nope. 

I installed PC suite today on a mate's computer, as he needed to connect his N9 to the internet (which, wierdly, Nokia PC internet acess doens't work with). It then told me that there were a couple updates for PC suite. Now, at this time I had my N8 connected (free on a plan with optus, Anna update from standard etc.) to the computer via usb as he doesn't have internet and i needed to use my N8 to download PC suite. The updates were a) an update for PC suite and b) a notification that Nokia suite exists and that i should download it.

Now this is what i don't get. Underneath the notifcation of Nokia Suite in the description, it said something like "With Nokia Suite you can install the latest firmware Symbian Belle. This is available on the following devices: (Amongst others, the N8 was listed.)"

So naturally, i think "f*** yes, Belle is finally here!!!!!" so i raced home and installed Nokia suite. After having trouble connecting the phone (N8 came up in nokia suite, but hanged on "connecting...") which was resolved by restarting, i went in search of the software updater.

To my immense dissapointment, the only updates were for two games i don't even have (how does that work?)

As we speak i am installing them as i'm sick of the notifcation. I hope that when they finish maybe the update for Belle will appear. Whatever, the fact is that I STILL cannot get Symbian Belle.

Please use plain text.