Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1

Advisor
alb3530_

Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1

[ Edited ]

In

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/03/01/all-about-nokia-belle-feature-pack-1

we can have an overview of Belle Feature Pack 1 and some key features..

It's stated that Nokia 603, 700 and 701 will have this update. 

Will it be made available, at some time, as an update to the same phones that got Belle recently from Anna, like E7 or N8?

Best regards 

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

alb3530_ wrote:

In

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/03/01/all-about-nokia-belle-feature-pack-1

we can have an overview of Belle Feature Pack 1 and some key features..

It's stated that Nokia 603, 700 and 701 will have this update. 

Will it be made available, at some time, as an update to the same phones that got Belle recently from Anna, like E7 or N8?

Best regards 

Hi alb3530_

That's indeed an interesting question and hope it gets a Nokia answer soon.

You can visit this post; we're discussing some related issues.

/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-Widgets/td-p/1306861/page/3

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tom_N8

A processor overclock, that's awesome.
If the arm11 core in all the Symbian phones is the same, in theory it would be possible to overclock older S^3 devices as well.
To Nokia: Would this be possible or is there too much of a difference?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
alb3530_

Pay attention to the bold words.That could mean the update is planned also for "other" phones:

"It’s arrived on the Nokia 808 PureView, and will also be made available for new production and current users of Nokia 603, 700 and 701 smartphones in coming months. For other latest Symbian devices, we have just made Nokia Belle available, and now already more than 1 million downloads have taken place!

So, if you own one of the smartphones in question, or are planning to get either Nokia 603, 700, 701 or the new Nokia 808 PureVision having looked at the delicious images that have already appeared, what are the specifics?

First of all, the entertainment experience is boosted. Dolby ® Headphone and Dolby ® Digital Plus transform the playback of music and movies and games into a personal surround sound experience like no other. With Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1, you can access a world of premium entertainment."

Best regards

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

to clarify the point if the Nokia Belle Featurepack 1 will be made available for N8, C7, E7, X7, E6, C6-01 and Nokia 500, here is the official statement from our Nokia Communications team.

This Nokia Belle Feature Pack has been tailored and will be made available for Nokia 603, Nokia 700, and Nokia 701. Due to hardware requirements and specifications, the Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1 will not be made available to other Symbian devices.

As for the question if there are future updates to Symbian phones, like N8, C7, E7, E6, X7, C6-01, Nokia 500:

We regularly deliver software updates to all Nokia phones to give our consumers both performance improvements as well as additional features. We are committed to continue software support for Symbian through 2016.

Best regards,

Yvonne from Nokia Care

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ahsanshahid

Will belle feature pack one increase processor speed 1 ghz to 1.3 ghz.

Yesterday in nokia conversation say that only 700 and 701 get increase processor speed 1 ghz to 1.3. finally what about 603, the 603 will increase speed.:smileyhappy:

(NOKIA CONVERSATION)

Also good news for Nokia 700 and 701, your handset will be faster and more responsive. It’s not so often that software update delivers an increase in processor speed, but with Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1 the processor speed of your handset will go from 1GHz to 1.3GHz.

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/03/01/all-abou​t-nokia-belle-feature-pack-1/

Regards,

Ahsan Shahid...

If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
alb3530_

Thank you for your straight reply, Yvonne....

Really a pity such a great phone as the N8 will be stuck at Belle though...

Best regards
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

alb3530_ wrote:
Thank you for your straight reply, Yvonne....

Really a pity such a great phone as the N8 will be stuck at Belle though...

Best regards

Hi alb3530_

FP1 is something like a major update for native Belle devices because it includes an overclock and I think what we, Symbian^3 users upgraded to Belle, really need is only to complete our Belle release; this means Nokia gives us the missing widgets, restores the missing functionalities and takes care of all the bugs with Belle posted in this forum. It would be nice, though, that Nokia gives us also that HTML5 browser and gives to N8 users that camera software, too.

I really don't think we need or even can handle an overclock in our Symbian^3 native devices because battery drain and overheating, among other bugs this should cause.

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

skyee wrote:

Hi all,

to clarify the point if the Nokia Belle Featurepack 1 will be made available for N8, C7, E7, X7, E6, C6-01 and Nokia 500, here is the official statement from our Nokia Communications team.

This Nokia Belle Feature Pack has been tailored and will be made available for Nokia 603, Nokia 700, and Nokia 701. Due to hardware requirements and specifications, the Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1 will not be made available to other Symbian devices.

As for the question if there are future updates to Symbian phones, like N8, C7, E7, E6, X7, C6-01, Nokia 500:

We regularly deliver software updates to all Nokia phones to give our consumers both performance improvements as well as additional features. We are committed to continue software support for Symbian through 2016.

Best regards,

Yvonne from Nokia Care

Hi Yvonne

Thanks for the info.

Can you tell us when are you planning to release for us the bug fixes and the missing widgets for Symbian^3 devices updated to Belle?

Your answer will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
truedon007

I am fully disappointed in nokia if the symbian belle FP1 will not be treated in the nokia E6 an new phone. Then nokia are not doing any good in trying 2compet wit other OS like Andriod or iOS. For the make update for all there phones up to standard. Not like nokia doing half and leaving the rest behind to surfer. That bad nokia change is all we need in all our phones like the nokia E6.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

Here we go the 'I want Belle, Nokia doesn't care, I'm getting IOS, Android' Starts again.

Grow up get out more and get a life!

Read the post from Nokia, HARDWARE NOT UP TO IT in Gen 1!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

It is not the fact that we are not getting FP1 that worries me as obviously it has some specific requirements.

What worries me is that Nokia haven't comitted to fixing a few bugs (codecs for example) and omissions in Belle (a few widgets missing or not optimized).

Yes, they have stated they are working on the codecs issue but nothing on other bugs that are out there (I've had a few frozen screens for no reason)...and absolutely nothing on, say, the music widget, which is about as useful as an Android 1.0 phone.

I don't want the whole FP1 as obviously my hardware is not good enough for it but stating that we will support Symbian until 2016 is far from good enough in terms of information after a release of a major upgrade, which will always have some thing to iron out...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lyubomir

Re:Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1

I am interesed will nokia 500 will get the fp1 and if it will ,when will get the update ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Hi there lyubomir,

no information regarding the availability of Nokia belle feature pack 1 has been given for the Nokia 500. It is all merely speculation until a formal announcement is made through official Nokia communication channels.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Re:Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1

[ Edited ]

Hi lyubomir,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting!

The Nokia Belle FP1 update is available for Nokia 603, 700 and 701. The Nokia 808 Pureview will ship with Nokia Belle FP1 installed.

This version will not be available for earlier Symbian^3 devices due to hardware limitations. These devices, like the Nokia 500, E7-00, N8-00 and others will however receive updates and support where applicable.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sebastian742

Re: Re:Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1

sorry, 700 with pc 059L6T3 is still NOT available..
Please use plain text.