Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle Refresh FAQ - Please read before p...

Sage
Dan555

Re: Nokia Belle Refresh FAQ - Please read before posting!

Then we'll have to agree to disagree. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AmirMS

Thanks a lot.

I updated my 808 PureView and now it has a great new look and great performance.

Everything is working well.

Keep on these perfect improvements.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sheltym

my nokia n8 cant download the remaining 4mb of the symbian belle upgrade from symbian anna,its always showing the 'could not connect to the service' message. what should i do,please help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ninzalipio

no belle update in my nokia c7 product code 059b8b1, can any one help me?

Hurt me with the truth than comfort me with lies.
Please use plain text.
lumi

oh yh with the next update coming up will it have the slide to unlock feature like fp2 for phones currently running belle refresh and the belle refresh update is nice but still has many bugs, crashes here and there, software compatibility etc. Any comments?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
belle_update

i have nokia 500 and every time i download nokia belle update for it, the downloading gets stucked when 49mb out of 300mb file is remaining and after some time the message appears that "the service is not available "

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Xawerius

Hello, I have big problem... I updated Belle to Belle refresh and I miss the "use image" in options in gallery

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iamlrdvoldemort

my friends N8 are updated but when i checked it on mine, it shows no updates are available. Moreover my camera is not working for more than a month now. can you help me guys? it says 'an error had occured, try to restart the camera blablabla. this sucks! T.T

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iamlrdvoldemort

my product code is 059C6P7, im from the Philippines
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

Looks like somebody screwed up. The function is very much there on my E6 after the refresh, the the options Assign to contact, Set as wallpaper and Set as call image. It's 6th on the list of options, under Add to album.

It could be the kind of glitch is fixed fixed by doing a hard reboot *#7370 AFTER doing a thorough backup of your personal data on the C: and E: drives, but not any settings) after the update to Refresh.

Hope it helps.

HM

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
charitnok

Did anybody with E7 and product code  059F8N7 get the belle refresh update ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ikramcu10

after updating n8 . Sometimes it hang during browsing. And only way is to restart by press the power Button . What will i do and why all the update has facing such kind of problem,
Please use plain text.
DragosArg

Hello. I have read the first topic, but after this long time, my N8, product code: 059D9Z7 havent got the Belle Refresh update... its my phone broke?
Please use plain text.
sherifmango

hi, kosh actually after i updated my c7 device it response and speed better than before but i observed that many times i open "google translate" web site the device hang up, so i used to remove the battery to restart it again.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GerrardsN8

Hi Folks,  I have looked through the thread.  I have an N8 and after I installed Nokia Bella nothing has gone right.  At first it wouldn't accept the security pin that I had on the previous operating system but if I press the cancel button I get back to the homescreen anyway.  In the lead up to this my phone would randomly restart after my update and the screen would not lock.  I have attempted to do a system restore to factory settings and have used the code from the FAQs in teh top of this thread *#7370# and it brings up the menu to reset to factory settings but then the security code 12345 doesn't work.  The pin I had set up originally doesn't work either and neither does the password I saved with my service provider orange.  I can also get to the password screen by using the phone menu.  Oddly I can access the phone and all of its functions without the SIM card but it won't even start up with the SIM card now.

Worst news for me is that whilst I was attempting to contact orange (over several weeks) my phone ran out of warranty.  Considering the only Nokia with windows os even worth looking at is the 920 (and that would mean going from £26 to £41 a month without 4gee!!!!!! :smileysad: ) I am not happy.  

Just as a quick aside I chose the N8 as it is heavy and masculine.  None of the new Nokia phones are like this.  Primary colours are for children. Give us something manly please Nokia.  (this has nothing to do with support but thought I would add my thoughts). 

If anyone has any suggestions I would be delighted to hear them.  Almost ordered a SonyXperia T just now but going to check with the community first.  (just if you are interested my upgrade options were Samsung GS2, Motorola RZRi, Nokia Lumia 800 (hahahahaha). Not good.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Honeydew6

Yesterday I updated my Nokia N8 by PC yesterday for the Belle.  Something went worng with the update and it did update fully successfully.  I disconnected my phone from the computer and it was dead.  I could not turn it on.  In the morning I pressed and held down the power button and managed to get the phone powered on.

The new update is not to my liking.  There are many features like my home window- many of the buttons are gone.  Everything is very different on the phone and it is difficult to use.  I want to know what can I do to uninstall the Belle.  I want to go back to the previous version I had with my icons on my home page like they are supposed to be.  Please help.  Thanks!

Barbara

Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

Hi,

Short answer is you can't go back to previous versions.

That aside.

The dead phone at the end of the update doesn't sound good.

Try the Battery Out reset. Power off, hold the the Power button until you feel 3 vibrations, leave it for 30 seconds then re-start.

If it's still not behaving it may pay to re-install the firmware using Nokia Suite, check for updates then take the reinstall option. Make sure your battery is full first.

You can add Widgets / Shortcuts by Long Pressing a blank spot on the screen until the add prompt comes up, long pressing item will give an "x" which will get rid of it.

You can add further home pages using the "Three Bars" bottom right on the screen.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
reptile18

Who are we supposed to contact if we believe Nokia has forgotten to include our product code? It's been more than three months!

Please use plain text.
charitnok

[ Edited ]

My E7 freezes every time few days after update belle refresh. I tried with reset the phone but didn't resolved. Please help me , restoring the update will it go fine?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kafka_K

[ Edited ]

I've just updated to Nokia Belle Refresh on my N8 and am having problems with SMS messaging.  Not sure if anyone else has had this and apologies if I have missed thisa already in the discussions.

Since I updated my SMS messaging doesn't work properly, new messages randomly append old messages that I have already deleted and messages show as being sent to completely different people than I sent to.  I have tried deleting all the old messages, creating a new message rather than replying to one and double checking who I send to.  I also checjkd whether there is a further update as a patch maybe.

I can't find any specific advice but if anyone has had the same and sorted it I would be very grateful.  :cathappy:

Please use plain text.