Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle Refresh update

Advisor
dromoreboy
Accepted Solution

Nokia Belle Refresh update

Does anyone out there know when will Belle Refresh for N8 be released???? So many rumours, don't know what to believe anymore.

Kind regards

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi dromoreboy,

We have no news as to when an update will become available for the N8.

Please note that when an update does become available, the release date for your particular device depends on several factors such as your location and your operator.  

As soon as an update becomes available for your device, it will show up in Nokia Suite under the green arrow icon.

Hope this helps.

Iris9290 

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dromoreboy

Thanks for the comments, just am so dissapointed with Belle, the phone is so laggy and the battery doesn't last all that long, I prob get a day and a half out of it, and that is because I bought a high capacity batt for it and am by no means a heavy user,with Anna I was getting at least 2 days with the original battery.

Any improvement at the moment will be welcome, hope it comes out sooner than later.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yashodhanchogle

I am really fedup with this belle software , i want to degrade it anyhow
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
poojat13

i don't think so. I have a breat belle experience , the phone is smooth and fluid the only time i had problem was when i stalled whatsapp. Try installing and things will sort out.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
poojat13

try reinstalling i meant.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Skulldon

till when we N8 users should wait !!!!!
Can't nokia do it faster!!!!
DOes This update fix The Flv bugs too!
PLz SOmeHelp!
Please use plain text.
alejandronova

1. It's not wise to put more pressure on devs than what they already have from Nokia.

2. I'm waiting anxiously for this, since Belle Refresh should contain the most important update ever, and that isn't the browser, the Maps or the bugfixes. This update is Qt 4.8.

As a KDE user (KDE is a full desktop replacement built entirely on Qt), the speed difference between Qt 4.7.4 and Qt 4.8 is MASSIVE. Specially when optimizing for Qt 4.8. Believe me, you really feel the difference. Just like a Nokia Belle phone, KDE depends on Qt for everything, and that includes screen redrawing, effects, acceleration and the like. Don't be surprised if in your N8 you get at the same time more battery life and more performance.

3. I have a Nokia 500, so I must wait even more than you all. But Qt 4.8 works wonders when it's time to punish the OpenVG GPU of my cell phone. I'm waiting for exactly the same improvements, since I know they are delivered even in Software rendering.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dromoreboy

Wow Nokia this in no way to treat loyal custumers... Have used Nokia since 1995,  but this lack of commitment  to (once flagship device N8)  users is very disappointing, am thinking of jumping ship, dont really want to, but am left with no option. 

Also cant believe that all the Windows 7 owners are going to be stung aswell, as they wont be able to upgrade their devices to W8 ( Apollo). What are you doing Nokia....

Am going to wait till the end of August,  please give us some info on Belle refresh for N8 devices.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

You are ignoring that each OS has its own hardware requirements and therefore we cant install whatever we want . S60v5 users didnt upgrade their phones to Anna or Belle however both are symbians !!! Things are way more complicated when we are refering to different OS's i.e. WP7 and symbian . Customers should buy devices considering the OS . We cannot blame NOKIA for not offering WP8 to lumia users since Microsoft is responsible for setting the the HW requirements which in fact are different from WP7 . But we CAN blame Nokia for not supporting a device with updates for bug fixes and features . Belle refresh anounced since march and we still wait . The same happened with Anna and belle :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Vangelis290189 wrote:

But we CAN blame Nokia for not supporting a device with updates for bug fixes and features . Belle refresh anounced since march and we still wait . The same happened with Anna and belle :smileysad:

As far as I'm aware, Nokia haven't officially announced the Belle refresh update and the only information regarding said update has come from third parties and rumours. For all any of us know, Belle refresh may never happen.

Unless of course I missed the official announcement in which case, could you provide a link to the official Nokia announcement please?

All the best.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dromoreboy

I haven't even got upload to skydrive yet, does anybody know when it will be released in Ireland?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Found in one site that Belle Refresh has been spotted in Nokia RDA device with firmware version 111.040.1511. Lets hope it arrives soon.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Airmarshall

On the Nokia N8 Support Page it quote 111.040.1511 as being the latest software release but nokia suite is not showing the update. Is the UK going to get this update?

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/n8-00/

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Airmarshall wrote:

On the Nokia N8 Support Page it quote 111.040.1511 as being the latest software release but nokia suite is not showing the update. Is the UK going to get this update?

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/n8-00/

Cheers

Check THIS .. Not sure when it will come to UK !!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

Hi all,

Are the widgets in this post true? Can someone from Nokia or any user who has installed Nokia Belle Refresh please clarify. When downloaded via Nokia Suite, how much space on C: Phone Memory is left on the Nokia N8?

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pohlipit

According to this article it has just been spotted in the wild:

http://www.gsmarena.com/belle_refresh_is_officially_available_for_n8_e7_c7_c601_x7_and_oro-news-4704...

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bryan25

When is the update belle refresh for Nokia N8 Belle coming to Malta?? I want it desperately. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bryan25

Yes agree with you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Airmarshall

Hi

Has anyone in the UK got the refresh yet? I certainly havent my phone is unlocked so should be one of the first!

Please use plain text.