Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Belle Refresh update

Sage
mobywil

Re: Nokia Belle Refresh update

Hi all,

My observation is, that until now the majority of the roll out of the Belle Refresh update for the N8 is limited to the so called vanilla versions, being phones related to regions, like apac, mea, eur, cis, etc. Only a very small part consists of the country variants of Denmark, the country variants and branded variants of Finland and one branded variant of Austria. This status is lasting a week now. The roll out strategy of Nokia was far from transparent in the past and obviously still is. Apart from customers like you and me Nokia has another important customers; the carriers. Nokia has to take into account the interest of carriers. Moreover the roll out strategy was never a matter of central decision making. It will be different in any country. If one is wondering about the delay of the update of his branded or unbranded phone in his country I advise to "shop" around in your country first. Cheers   

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jaanu5800

I am unable to receive belle refresh update for nokia n8

i have nokia n8-00 and i hear and read belle refresh is leak...

but till 14-10-2012 i am unable to receive.....

i check in my software update and by checkinh *#0000# but its say no update available...

nokia belle (SW VER.-111.030.0609) is running on my nokia N8 (product code - 059C8T6)....

what the nokia is doing now...what the bad....i am feel very angry.....i am seeking to buy an android phone due to nokia bug like this....if nokia will not give me refresh update soon i change my phone soon....and never buy a nokia phone...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
argie

Re: I am unable to receive belle refresh update for nokia n8

Same issue here. I've been waiting for the update to show up on Nokia Suite from the day it was announced. From what I've been able to gather, it looks like instead of getting the update at once, we're getting small updates that were released as part of the Belle Refresh (an example of this is the Homescreen Widgets update).

I am deeply disappointed by the way Nokia is treating those who, like me, have always been loyal customers and fans. An example? A Nokia Care Center representative recently told me that Nokia in particular, and software developers in general, are dropping efforts on developing new Symbian apps or updating existing ones. Strikingly, what he told me next is that I should drop my N8 and buy their new Nokia 808 Pureview. I am wondering if this person even knew that this phone is also a Symbian-based device!

Please, Nokia! I understand that we might not be relevant for your earnings, but that doesn't mean you can disrespect people.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
argie

Could you please be more specific? What does it exactly mean "to shop around in your country"? Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
argie

Hi Iris9290,

This is a question to the answer you provided to dromoreboy's post (Nokia Belle Refresh update) on July 11, 2012: In your reply, which was marked as a solution, you suggested to wait until the update shows up in Nokia Suite under Software Updates. This was three months ago, and I am still waiting. Should I give up on this update for my N8? My phone's product code is 059C8T6, and I'm still running on version 111.030.0609.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

argie wrote:

Hi Iris9290,

This is a question to the answer you provided to dromoreboy's post (Nokia Belle Refresh update) on July 11, 2012: In your reply, which was marked as a solution, you suggested to wait until the update shows up in Nokia Suite under Software Updates. This was three months ago, and I am still waiting. Should I give up on this update for my N8? My phone's product code is 059C8T6, and I'm still running on version 111.030.0609.

Thanks in advance for your help!

You're not alone in waiting for the update with many variants yet to receive the update. It's now been roughly seven weeks since the update was officially announced which seems like a long time to roll it out to everyone.

My advice is to give up on it for now and check back weekly to see if it's available.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Ugalasso

Hi there.

I have E7 from Claro Brazil and the Belle Refresh updatefirmware (111.040.1511) is not availble for download, both from Nokia Suite or Wireless.

My firware is 111.030.0609 and product 059G8G0.

Any clues?

Ulysses

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mavredik

I have E6-00 with Belle 111.130.0625 when I search for updates with Nokia Suite or from the phone it says that there are no updates available.
I want to update my version to 111.140.0058

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
enigmagirl

My N8's software version is only 111.030.0609 and I've been trying to update to the Belle Refresh 111.040.1511 but when I check for software updates it says my phone is up to date. How do I update to the new version?? :confused:

Please use plain text.