Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle Widgets

Sage
noki2000

Thursday's theory:

Nokia don't say anything about the missing widgets because they've fired a lot of Symbian developers and haven't, enough developers to deliver us those widgets.

They have all their effort directed towards WP and we are a heavy weight they want to get rid off somehow. Maybe boring us and moving us to flash (h a c k) our devices so we can get a "quick fix"; in the meantime we loose our warranty and they loose their responsibility about us.

When they deliver the widgets, at some point in the future, there's a lot of us who are not so patient who have flashed their devices and Nokia's heavy weight is by then much lighter.

Anybody, some thoughts?, Anybody at Nokia's, some info?

Best Regards.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DavidOlayinka

Hi Noki,
1. I will like to know which widgets are missing before I buy my phone. I wanna buy a Nokia 500 and upgrade to belle. Let me know please before i buy the phone.
2. Is the 2g/3g toggle widget in the update?
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi David,

I've noticed these missing widgets in Belle's update:

-2g/3g toggle

-Big Analogue Clock

-Big Calendar

-BT Toggle (BlueTooth)

-Cellular Toggle

-Mobile Data Tracker

-Small Music Player

-Offline Toggle

-RSS Feed

-Silent Toggle

-Weather Widgets (small and large)

-Visual Bookmarks

That's all I've noticed but maybe there are a few more.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Friday's theory:

Nokia has made an arrangement with developers from Nokia Store so they'll develop applications for WP and Nokia won't release for some time all those missing widgets and fixes to that mutilated functionalities so they can sell us, Nokia Belle updated users, those patching apps and widgets. This way we help Nokia to have a bigger apps market for WP (that isn't growing as expected) and we pay for it patching our devices.

Nokia will deliver the widgets and patches when they've fulfilled the arrangement and developers have covered their costs to develop for WP.

Anybody, some thoughts?, Anybody at Nokia's, some info?

Best Regards.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Saturday's theory:

Nokia did developed those missing widgets when they had enough Symbian developers for their native Belle devices; but now they have just a few Symbian developers left (after they've fired most of them) who barely stands with all the work they have now with all the Belle releases, so they've released just the basic widgets hoping we don't notice.

They'll release all the missing widgets only if we pressure enough asking for them so they have not other choice.

Anybody, any thoughts?, Anybody at Nokia's, any info?

Best Regards.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Sunday's theory:

Nokia is preparing to launch our patch update package right now with all the widgets and fixes to the issues described in all this posts. They didn't release them earlier to make a much simpler and secure update process with less installed applications so they can test the firmware's core and make the necessary fixes.

We're expecting the release of this update very soon.

This is my last theory and even if I'm wrong with all of them, I hope for the last one to be the most accurate.

Best Regards.:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi there,

Just keep wondering (asking really); is anybody at  Nokia's reading this posts?

Would you please give us some information?

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

wow! no response from nokia at all? not even a PM?

well if anyone posts anything objectionable, they will immediately step in.

no wonder user "RayHipkiss" said "if users want nokia to listen, use the contact us page".

however, my point is we hopeless pathetic nokia customers have to come back to this forum if we get no response to the "contact us" process!

after screaming for help here, by the time some nokian responds, they lose us already.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

metal_might wrote:

wow! no response from nokia at all? not even a PM?

well if anyone posts anything objectionable, they will immediately step in.

no wonder user "RayHipkiss" said "if users want nokia to listen, use the contact us page".

however, my point is we hopeless pathetic nokia customers have to come back to this forum if we get no response to the "contact us" process!

after screaming for help here, by the time some nokian responds, they lose us already.

Hi metal_might,

Indeed it's becoming a"WOW" thing this silence. The fact is anecdotal also that is a communications company. Actually they remind me some nun I knew when I was a kid that had a lack of communications skills.
Anyway , I hope they're reading these posts even though they don't give any answer, yet.

I've got some pictures and a link showing some of the missing widgets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3REHGbxqn0

Enjoy them.

Best Regards.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi there,

I was forgetting to tell you that all of the pictures and the link come from official Nokia sites.

BR.:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

-2g/3g toggle

-Big Analogue Clock

-Big Calendar

-BT Toggle (BlueTooth)

-Cellular Toggle

-Mobile Data Tracker

-Small Music Player

-Offline Toggle

-RSS Feed

-Silent Toggle

-Weather Widgets (small and large)

-Visual Bookmarks

all these widgets except the weathers that didn't work correct, were awesome on leaked Belle.

With official Update you get a Belle that feels very poor.

It would be very easy to give us the working widgets as update or downloadable sis file.

So we all could have the full Belle

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi nokton12,

Thanks for your support.:smileyhappy:

I hope Nokia reads this posts and take care of them.

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
nagarajsherigar

hi,
is nokia going to release any software update for widgets. .
Is anna style sms/call notification widget available for belle?
Can someday help me please. . Am really annoyed about the sms/call popup
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I now have weather widget from the original leaked version, the offline widget, the big analogue clock, the mechanical clock, the rss feed widget and the bookmark widget. Others which already are there and those which I don't use I haven't installed. And one important thing that I'd like to inform is I HAVEN'T HACKED my phone to install them and they're working FINE. :-)
www.symbiantweet.com/get-all-latest-belle-widgets-in-single-sis-file
www.symbiantweet.com/get-nokia-e6-belle-widgets-without-flashing
forum.dailymobile.se/index.php?topic=63220.0
Well, in all those sites, its given as hacking your phone required. But I've used a simple technique to use those widgets without hacking. Download those widgets as individual installation sis files. (I haven't tried the all in one sis file, so can't vouch for it.) All those sis files are unsigned. I obtained a device specific developer certificate from OPDA site. Used free signer app in my mobile to individually sign all the apps. Then tried installing them one by one. One important thing. These widgets will work only if you install them in your C drive. What were the results?
The following widgets work perfectly...
Weather widget
offline widget
visual bookmark
big analogue clock
mechanical clock
rss feed widget
Ones that didn't work...
Data tracker widget...
For some reason the app signing still doesn't make it work. Always gives requested access not granted error. Music widgets, calendar widgets... The reason being these widgets already installed in the phone in one or another form. Trying to overcome it without hacking. Others that I haven't tried yet are... 2G / 3G toggle
cellular toggle
Bluetooth toggle
silent mode toggle
because those options are already available in the drop down bar except first one which I don't use much. Still lots of mod widgets available but working on installing them without hacking. Hope this is useful to all.
www.n8fanclub.com/2010/10/how-to-get-opda-certificate-and-key-for.html?m=1
Check the above link to get detailed instructions on How to get a certificate and key file for your device...
www.n8fanclub.com/2011/02/how-to-sign-apps-themes-games-on-nokia.html?m=1
Check out this link to know How to sign applications from your phone. Once you've got your certificate and key, store it in your phone. Install free signer in your phone and in the app's settings, browse and select the certificate and key for signing. Now add the belle widgets that you want to sign to the application one by one and select sign application when the pop up shows. Once all widgets that you want to sign have been added, select go to start signing. All signed apps will be stored in the same folder with 'signed' in the file name. Then install the belle widgets to C drive and restart phone to get working belle widgets. Hope you'll enjoy the new widgets just like me. All the best...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

nagarajsherigar wrote:
hi,
is nokia going to release any software update for widgets. .
Is anna style sms/call notification widget available for belle?
Can someday help me please. . Am really annoyed about the sms/call popup

Hi nagarajsherigar,

Thanks for your support!

I'm sure Nokia reads these posts even if they don't give any answer to them, so we must keep posting, and, who knows, maybe we'll get what we're asking for.

Cheers!!!:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

blitzkid wrote:
I now have weather widget from the original leaked version, the offline widget, the big analogue clock, the mechanical clock, the rss feed widget and the bookmark widget. Others which already are there and those which I don't use I haven't installed. And one important thing that I'd like to inform is I HAVEN'T HACKED my phone to install them and they're working FINE. :-)
www.symbiantweet.com/get-all-latest-belle-widgets-in-single-sis-file
www.symbiantweet.com/get-nokia-e6-belle-widgets-without-flashing
forum.dailymobile.se/index.php?topic=63220.0
Well, in all those sites, its given as hacking your phone required. But I've used a simple technique to use those widgets without hacking. Download those widgets as individual installation sis files. (I haven't tried the all in one sis file, so can't vouch for it.) All those sis files are unsigned. I obtained a device specific developer certificate from OPDA site. Used free signer app in my mobile to individually sign all the apps. Then tried installing them one by one. One important thing. These widgets will work only if you install them in your C drive. What were the results?
The following widgets work perfectly...
Weather widget
offline widget
visual bookmark
big analogue clock
mechanical clock
rss feed widget
Ones that didn't work...
Data tracker widget...
For some reason the app signing still doesn't make it work. Always gives requested access not granted error. Music widgets, calendar widgets... The reason being these widgets already installed in the phone in one or another form. Trying to overcome it without hacking. Others that I haven't tried yet are... 2G / 3G toggle
cellular toggle
Bluetooth toggle
silent mode toggle
because those options are already available in the drop down bar except first one which I don't use much. Still lots of mod widgets available but working on installing them without hacking. Hope this is useful to all.
www.n8fanclub.com/2010/10/how-to-get-opda-certificate-and-key-for.html?m=1
Check the above link to get detailed instructions on How to get a certificate and key file for your device...
www.n8fanclub.com/2011/02/how-to-sign-apps-themes-games-on-nokia.html?m=1
Check out this link to know How to sign applications from your phone. Once you've got your certificate and key, store it in your phone. Install free signer in your phone and in the app's settings, browse and select the certificate and key for signing. Now add the belle widgets that you want to sign to the application one by one and select sign application when the pop up shows. Once all widgets that you want to sign have been added, select go to start signing. All signed apps will be stored in the same folder with 'signed' in the file name. Then install the belle widgets to C drive and restart phone to get working belle widgets. Hope you'll enjoy the new widgets just like me. All the best...

Hi blitzkid,

This is great news!!!, at least for some Nokia users who can sign applications, definetly will make them very happy.

Thank you very much for sharing those links.:smileyhappy:

Come on Nokia, if this is possible with those Belle's leaked version widgets, it is very easy for you to give us those widgets officially. Please listen to us and make this an official update.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BellX_1

Found a workable calendar widget named "Coming Next 1.36" that shows 3 appoinment. It is painfully slow to load though. It was free in the Nokia Store.

On this page another is mentioned: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/14269_Pimping_Nokia_Belle.php (BizCalendar)

Current N900 and former E6 user regretting Belle upgrade
--
Devices owned: 2110, 2110i, Cellular Data Card, 8110, 7110, 6210, 6310i, 6100, 9500, 6233, 5140i, 3109c, N900, E6-00
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

BellX_1 wrote:

Found a workable calendar widget named "Coming Next 1.36" that shows 3 appoinment. It is painfully slow to load though. It was free in the Nokia Store.

On this page another is mentioned: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/14269_Pimping_Nokia_Belle.php (BizCalendar)

Hi BellX_1,

Thanks for the info. It's good to know there's some ways to manage the lost functionalities, at least until the missing widgets will be officially given to us. I read somewhere in the internet that the large calendar widget can display several tasks and also looks great.

Cheers!!!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi Probsolver,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts but you can't do that in this forum; because of the forum's rules, firstly, and because that procedures endanger our devices functionality and doing that, obviously makes you loose warranty for your device.

So please keep that kind of recomendations away from this site. Any other thoughts (taking care of the forum rules) will be welcome.

Cheers!!!:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

@ Noki2000
You're welcome... I am also among those people who loved the belle widgets but was a bit taken aback when they didn't arrive in the official version. So trying to solve the problem without breaking the rules. :-)
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.