Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle Widgets

Contributor
akshaytyagi

Hey blitz can i get a certificate if yes then from where and if not all of us will be very pleased if u just post a link for those signed by yourself. Also does it take too much space in C:smileyvery-happy:RIVE

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

You can get a certificate... I've already posted links to those sites in my post. Self signed apps are device specific. Those that I sign will work only in my device as they're tied to my IMEI number. The space used on C Will depends upon the widget you choose to install. The largest of them are the calendar widget and weather widgets. Others are small ones only.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

blitzkid wrote:
@ Noki2000
You're welcome... I am also among those people who loved the belle widgets but was a bit taken aback when they didn't arrive in the official version. So trying to solve the problem without breaking the rules. :-)

Hi blitzkid,

I'm certain now that a "Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1" exists and I believe it's on its way to us now.

Btw, have you seen that little monster Nokia has released in Barcelona?, the "Nokia 808 PureView" with none less than 41 MP Carl Zeiss optics and it comes loaded with Belle, exactly with that version mentioned above, so I think it's a matter of time for us to get the update with the widgets among other things.:smileyvery-happy:

Best Regards.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Yeah, saw that little powerhouse... One hell of a phone. So eager to get that one. But for now, love my C7. In due course of time, will switch over to that one. Hope the feature pack gets available soon.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
nagarajsherigar

i found nice widgets in some sites but all requires hacking(which i don want to do)... And also they stopped giving certificates to sign them
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks blitzkid... I've been reading your posts since the purple screen outbreak... I'll try this later at home i hope it works... Still here at school using my N8 and decided to check on the missing widgets... Cant wait for nokia 808 to be available... Is it gonna be the last symbian device?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

@nagarajsherigar
Try the symbian signed website... The procedure given there seems to be a bit complex. But its worth a try.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

@iolet11
Is it? Well, I'm flattered. I'm not so sure about that being the last symbian device. Anyway, all the best trying out those widgets. Expecting some positive news from you. Cheers!
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

I have all those 'missing' widgets came with Symbian Belle upgrade, my phone is C6-01, maybe depends on that. It's the radio fm widget, the mail widget, the contact widget and the clock widget ...:catsurprised:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I also have Radio widget, mail widget, contact widget and clock widget. So do the others posting here. We're talking about widgets that were shown in the belle promo like the weather widget.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

[ Edited ]

cintwo wrote:

I have all those 'missing' widgets came with Symbian Belle upgrade, my phone is C6-01, maybe depends on that. It's the radio fm widget, the mail widget, the contact widget and the clock widget ...:catsurprised:

Hi cintwo,

As blitzkid very well said, it's the missing widgets we're talking about in here. There's of course a bunch of widgets that were included in our Belle update, for example those you've mentioned, but there are others that were seen in some photos, videos, etc., (and are all over the web from the previous leaked Belle's) that were not included and those are what we're asking for in here.

I've made a list of what I've noticed but there's maybe more:

-2g/3g toggle

-Big Analogue Clock

-Big Calendar

-BT Toggle (BlueTooth)

-Cellular Toggle

-Mobile Data Tracker

-Small Music Player

-Offline Toggle

-RSS Feed

-Silent Toggle

-Weather Widgets (small and large)

-Visual Bookmarks

To these I must add some kind of "Multi Photo Collage" widget I've recently noticed in the "Nokia 808 PureView".

Cheers!!!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

[ Edited ]

Some widgets are third parties, or were not included in the update, others should be downloaded as .sis

/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/No-weather-widget-on-nokia-N8-belle-update/td-p/1301225

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/02/08/nokia-belle-download-your-faqs-answered/

http://store.ovi.com/content/10512?clickSource=search&pos=1

maybe we'll get more in the future updates....:smileywink: unless they keep them hidden...:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Nokia did have a weather widget of its own in the leaked version of belle...
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

cintwo wrote:

Some widgets are third parties, or were not included in the update, others should be downloaded as .sis

/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/No-weather-widget-on-nokia-N8-belle-update/td-p/1301225

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/02/08/nokia-belle-download-your-faqs-answered/

http://store.ovi.com/content/10512?clickSource=search&pos=1

maybe we'll get more in the future updates....:smileywink: unless they keep them hidden...:smileytongue:

Hi cintwo,

Here you can see a big analog clock widget:

/discussions/attachments/discussions/swupdate/113591/1/belle-05-jpg.jpg

Here you can see a small music widget:

/discussions/attachments/discussions/swupdate/113591/2/nokia-603.png

And here you can see a small weather widget and a big calendar widget:

/discussions/attachments/discussions/swupdate/113591/3/nokia603_connection.jpg

Nokia can say whatever they want but the fact is those widgets exists and is only a matter of Nokia's will for us to have them or not. Another fact to consider is that the "Nokia 808 PureView", coming out the market in Q2 2012, is running "Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1", firmware version 112.xxx.xxxx. Our Belle version is 111.xxx.xxxx.

These facts put altogether makes me think that after 808's launch, at any moment (end of Q2 or beginnings of Q3 I guess) we will receive this "Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1" containing the missing widgets among other things to get updated. I hope it so, at least.:smileywink:

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

blitzkid wrote:
Nokia did have a weather widget of its own in the leaked version of belle...

Hi blitzkid,

You're so right. Nokia did and still have a weather widget. Take a look at this link and you'll find some interesting widgets in the 808 with Belle FP1.

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/02/28/hands-on-with-belle-feature-pack-1-featuring-the-808-of-course-pro...

Cheers!!!:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
tonya1903

There is a weather widget available in Nokia Beta Labs from today! I installed it,so far working good.

(maybe it's a begining of a fixing-errors process with Belle? Hope so..)

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

tonya1903 wrote:

There is a weather widget available in Nokia Beta Labs from today! I installed it,so far working good.

(maybe it's a begining of a fixing-errors process with Belle? Hope so..)

Hi tonya1903

Thank you very much for the info.

I've already installed the widget and it's running so good.

Cheers!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

I have found out recently that what we've received is actually "Belle Light" :smileysurprised: and the real "Belle" is FP1. That's a very Microsoft way... I wonder where it came from?:smileylol:

Well , I have no problem with that, as long as Nokia gives us the missing widgets, restores the missing functionalities, takes care of all the bugs with Belle posted in this forum, gives us that HTML5 browser and gives to N8s that camera software.

Cheers!!!:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

I've read a couple of posts in here asking for the overclocking with FP1 for Symbian^3 devices and I really don't think it's good for our devices because of faster battery drain and overheating that will end faster our devices' life.

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

I have a Nokia N8 and have been watching Nokia's new 808 and have some thoughts about it.

I, as a N8 user should feel the 808 is a great successor of my phone but actually I don't feel that. At first I was amazed with the 41mp but now, and looking the overall device specs and design I think that somehow we're looking at a monstrous lab-rat escaped from the lab.

I cannot accept that fast as a replacement for my N8 that "superpowered" brick; when I look at my N8 I see beautiful industrial design and now, with Belle inside it's even better than when I first bought it; when I look at the 808 I see a 5 year old industrial design with better specs but not the best it should have, that'll give it a short live, or at least a short reign.

It feels like this is some kind of cruel and frick experiment with symbian users with the only goal to acquire experience for future developing of WPs.

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.