Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle Widgets

Sage
noki2000

Just to add something else to my previous post:

It's like the 808 takes the throne left by the N8 by force but not by right.

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

[ Edited ]

Hi guys

This is an update for the list of missing widgets:

-2g/3g toggle

-Big Analogue Clock

-Big Calendar

-BT Toggle (BlueTooth)

-Cellular Toggle

-Mobile Data Tracker

-Small Music Player

-Offline Toggle

-RSS Feed

-Silent Toggle

-Visual Bookmarks

-Multi Photo Collage widget.

The weather widget is already released as a beta by Nokia Beta Labs. Thanks to tonya1903 for the info.

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

-2g/3g toggle

-Big Analogue Clock

-Big Calendar

-BT Toggle (BlueTooth)

-Cellular Toggle

-Mobile Data Tracker

-Small Music Player

-Offline Toggle

-RSS Feed

-Silent Toggle

-Visual Bookmarks

-Multi Photo Collage widget.

From this list there are two widgets that are needed officially and exclusively from Nokia because they can't be installed without risking our devices with non recommended procedures. And they are:

-Mobile Data Tracker, and

-Small Music Player

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
t9rfbb

May I suggest you add your widget list to the list below?:

/t5/Software-Updates/List-of-Belle-additions-corrections-needed/td-p/1328167

They would be a good addition.  Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

@noki2000
I agree with you. At first glance, tin camera is the first thing that impresses you but beyond that the other specs are a at the best an average improvement and pale in comparison with the jump upgrade the camera got. What ails me the most is why did Nokia put in so much power into a shell that looks so outdated. :-( The design is very average and had Nokia sacrificed a bit on the camera front and put in a design, the 808 would've been a worthy successor to the throne...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

[ Edited ]

t9rfbb wrote:

May I suggest you add your widget list to the list below?:

/t5/Software-Updates/List-of-Belle-additions-corrections-needed/td-p/1328167

They would be a good addition.  Cheers.

Hi t9rfbb

The list has been succesfully added to that thread.

Thanks for your invitation.

Cheers!!!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

@blitzkid

Thanks for your support.

Actually I wrote those posts with pain but with complete honesty. I've been a Nokia (and Symbian) fan for so long and I feel somehow betrayed or used at least.

I hope they emend their way and be again the Nokia we all know and we all miss.

Best Regards.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Well, I'm also a Nokia fan and feels painful to see the strange decisions taken by Nokia making them slide down all the more compared to their competition.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

to clarify the point if the Nokia Belle Featurepack 1 will be made available for N8, C7, E7, X7, E6, C6-01 and Nokia 500, here is the official statement from our Nokia Communications team.

This Nokia Belle Feature Pack has been tailored and will be made available for Nokia 603, Nokia 700, and Nokia 701. Due to hardware requirements and specifications, the Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1 will not be made available to other Symbian devices.

As for the question if there are future updates to Symbian phones, like N8, C7, E7, E6, X7, C6-01, Nokia 500:

We regularly deliver software updates to all Nokia phones to give our consumers both performance improvements as well as additional features. We are committed to continue software support for Symbian through 2016.

Best regards,

Yvonne from Nokia Care

:squint: pretty much sums that up.. lets just hope the "continued" support is good. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

jamo128 wrote:

Hi all,

to clarify the point if the Nokia Belle Featurepack 1 will be made available for N8, C7, E7, X7, E6, C6-01 and Nokia 500, here is the official statement from our Nokia Communications team.

This Nokia Belle Feature Pack has been tailored and will be made available for Nokia 603, Nokia 700, and Nokia 701. Due to hardware requirements and specifications, the Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1 will not be made available to other Symbian devices.

As for the question if there are future updates to Symbian phones, like N8, C7, E7, E6, X7, C6-01, Nokia 500:

We regularly deliver software updates to all Nokia phones to give our consumers both performance improvements as well as additional features. We are committed to continue software support for Symbian through 2016.

Best regards,

Yvonne from Nokia Care

:squint: pretty much sums that up.. lets just hope the "continued" support is good. 

Hi jamo128

Thanks for the info. It's all more clear now.

FP1 is something like a major update for native Belle devices because it includes an overclock and I think what we, Symbian^3 users upgraded to Belle, really need is only to complete our Belle release; this means Nokia gives us the missing widgets, restores the missing functionalities and takes care of all the bugs with Belle posted in this forum. It would be nice, though, that Nokia gives us also that HTML5 browser and gives to N8 users that camera software, too.

I really don't think we need or even can handle an overclock in our Symbian^3 native devices because battery drain and overheating, among other bugs this should cause.

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

noki2000 wrote:

tonya1903 wrote:

There is a weather widget available in Nokia Beta Labs from today! I installed it,so far working good.

(maybe it's a begining of a fixing-errors process with Belle? Hope so..)

Hi tonya1903

Thank you very much for the info.

I've already installed the widget and it's running so good.

Cheers!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Hi guys

This is an update for those who haven't installed yet the Beta Labs' weather Widgets:

Do not install them. The weather widgets from leaked Belle work better.

Blitzkid has a post in this thread with links to those widgets.

Cheers!!!:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

[ Edited ]

Good news to Symbian^3/Belle devices:

John_Tesla wrote:

Hi all,

The Belle feature pack 1 will indeed be made available for Nokia 603, Nokia 700 and Nokia 701. Although Nokia is gathering feedback about the Belle release, expect more changes and fixes soon for 1st generation Symbian 3 devices. Stay tuned!

John_Tesla

This is in the Nseries and Symbian Smartphones section:

/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/Belle-Feature-Pack-1-for-the-N8/td-p/1334153

Cheers!!!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
panos220

Hallo  II have nokia x7. want a weather widget Animated wonder why nobody do not think employees from Nokia. I have android phone, they have many aplications super first class job. I am a fan nokia

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Nokia has released a beta version of the weather widget in beta labs. You can download and install. If you want more widgets from the leaked belle version, just browse through the pages of this topic. You'll get them with instructions and how to install them.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

panos220 wrote:

Hallo  II have nokia x7. want a weather widget Animated wonder why nobody do not think employees from Nokia. I have android phone, they have many aplications super first class job. I am a fan nokia

Hallo panos220

It would be great, indeed, but I think Symbian needs some more time so it can support that kind of widgets and effects. I have an Android too and it has animated wallpapers and widgets among other great looking stuff, but, to be honest, I only use it as a backup device, because my N8 is much more reliable device; all that without mentioning the new Google's (NOT AT ALL) Privacy Policy.

Symbian has focused its development in real multitasking, reliability, stability, extremely good connection, multimedia, connectivity, etc., and since now, with Belle it is stepping forward to that way that you're asking for. It only needs a little more time.

Let me put to you this way:

I think of Android's being like a Pop Queen Diva; everything is lights, gizmos and a lot of special effects.

I think of Symbian being like a Classic Rock Star; it only takes a guitar, bass, drums, keyboard and rocks you to the bones with it.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

blitzkid wrote:
Nokia has released a beta version of the weather widget in beta labs. You can download and install. If you want more widgets from the leaked belle version, just browse through the pages of this topic. You'll get them with instructions and how to install them.

Hi blitzkid

Have you installed this Beta Labs widgets?

If you haven't, wait until the second release with the night time fixed. In this version it's always sunny, even at night.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
thembamn47

Why are we nokia users still crying out for mere widgets? I mean on nokia belle the music player is useless you cant search for songs, cant sort music by artist only, cant customize eq, no live wallpapers. Guys lets for get about nokia belle, my next os is android. Android it gives it's users the full screen experience and it's constantly being updated and on top of its software version. If you have a friend who use a samsung galaxy s2 running android os borrow it for a day, believe me you'll crush your nokia against the wall. Nokia belle is useless.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

@noki2000
No... Haven't installed it yet. Took your warning message.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

[ Edited ]

thembamn47 wrote:
Why are we nokia users still crying out for mere widgets? I mean on nokia belle the music player is useless you cant search for songs, cant sort music by artist only, cant customize eq, no live wallpapers. Guys lets for get about nokia belle, my next os is android. Android it gives it's users the full screen experience and it's constantly being updated and on top of its software version. If you have a friend who use a samsung galaxy s2 running android os borrow it for a day, believe me you'll crush your nokia against the wall. Nokia belle is useless.

Hi thembamn47

I'd agree with you, somehow, if Android was not Google's, but they've adopted a "(NON AT ALL) Privacy Policy" and I will not pay to be spied on so shamelessly and "unpunishedly". That only, disqualifies them for me as an option.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

blitzkid wrote:
@noki2000
No... Haven't installed it yet. Took your warning message.

I'm glad because I forgot to mention before, but once installed you can't even uninstall it, only upgrade it with a Nokia's official version.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.