Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle Widgets

Sage
noki2000

@blitzkid

Hi, I have news for you about the weather widget; it has been upgraded, though, I don't know if the night icons work already, there's no information about it, yet,  but it's uninstalable now.

Tomorrow I'll post here more info about the night time.

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/weather-widget/download_and_installation

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
janipavlic

I think it IS uninstalable now.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

janipavlic wrote:

I think it IS uninstalable now.

Hi janipavlic

Yes, it is uninstalable now, but still without night time, there's no moon at all, yet.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Just checking on the widgets.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

What's the use upgrading the weather app if it doesn't fix issues in an app? Glad that I didn't install Nokia's beta app. Thanks Noki2000...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

oh come on! do you really need a little moon picture to tell you it's night time!

I'm sure that issue will be fixed later on. I was using the leaked version for quite some time and that used to crash every now and then the Beta Labs version is at least stable and they will iron it out in due course.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi @blitzkid

You're welcome!

These widgets, actually are, like @chazey2 says, more stable and never crash when disconnected like those from the leaked Belle. I've managed to use the leaked ones with permanent connection and they never crashed if they didn't get disconnected; I did this with data plan but the extra consume was very little so it's a very even situation between both versions, Beta and leaked. Beta works fine and stable even disconnected but without night time icons active and leaked shows the moon in night time, wich is great for people like me at least who likes things working as they should.

As the Beta version update has made it uninstalable, I don't feel forced anymore to keep it and I've chosen to use it for some more time waiting for the update with night icons, at least for a while and if I get tired of waiting I'll uninstall it and go for the leaked again.

I hope this information is usefull for you and for those who are interested the Beta widgets.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chazey2

What would be good if Nokia could make the widget fully transparant like the leaked version I was using now that would be good. Might even go back to it now Nokia's widget is removeable as previously mentioned.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

The Nokia picture gallery widget from feature pack 1 is now available as someone has extracted it and put it out for others. I'm going to try it later on to see If it can be installed without hacking. :-)
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi @blitzkid

Yes, I've seen it and it's great to have at least that way of getting the widgets.

I'll try it and share my experience too.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi Guys

I've tried the Gallery widget ported from FP1 and works great.

It's mostly decorative widget but I like it on my N8

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mahindar

Hi noki2000

How to install those widgets without risking our devices with non recommended procedures(do u mean without hacking)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mahindar

-2g/3g toggle

-Big Analogue Clock

-Big Calendar

-BT Toggle (BlueTooth)

-Cellular Toggle

-Mobile Data Tracker

-Small Music Player

-Offline Toggle

-RSS Feed

-Silent Toggle

-Visual Bookmarks

-Multi Photo Collage widget.

From this list there are two widgets that are needed officially and exclusively from Nokia because they can't be installed without risking our devices with non recommended procedures. And they are:

-Mobile Data Tracker, and

-Small Music Player

Cheers!!!

Hi noki2000

How to install those widgets without risking our devices with non recommended procedures(do u mean without hacking)

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi @mahindar

@blitzkid has already posted that info in here:

/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-Widgets/td-p/1306861/page/2

Look for Message 36

Hope this helps you.

Belle (or PR2 as it's original name was) arrives two years later than promised, comes incomplete and still keeps us waiting, lol.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

There are two widgets that cannot be installed without putting in danger our devices and those are "Small Music Widget" and "Mobile Data Tracker", so if anybody Nokia's official is reading this posts, please it should be great if at least these two widgets were released for us.

Thanks!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokE6_00

Re: Nokia Belle Update

Can Nokia upgrade the Camera software of this fone? Fixed focus is fine but there are times that photos very blurred, i mean, Unlike the other camera phones like the n73, e6-00 doesn't have sports mode for capturing images. 8-megapixel should be more flexible as i think.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Re: Nokia Belle Update

[ Edited ]

Hi @nokE6_00

Thank you for your post. There's a thread dedicated to a new camera software in here.

Maybe you find it of interest and give us your thought in there.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

After the FP1 release for the Belle native devices, it's known it came with lots of widgets and should be awesome if those widgets were available also for Symbian^3 native devices.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

That'd be real nice if we get atleast those widgets and browser. :-)
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Unfortunately i wont be holding my breathe for them. If i was doing that just to get belle. I would already be so dead and buried and decomposed in the ground by now, so the thought of suggesting that we get just the widget and the browser. Honestly it will take so long that archeologist will have to carbon date my bones just to find out how long I have been in the ground.
Please use plain text.