Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle availability information

PabloPri

Nokia E7-00

Product Code: 059d7q6

Operator: None, free-SIM phone

I sent the e-mail Michaels refer in page 8 on friday 10th of february.

This morning, Tuesday 14th of February, Nokia called me and asked me if I have already gone to a Nokia Care. The answer was no, but as a matter of fact I was going to go in that exact moment. Nokia ask me what Nokia Care i was going to go so they can explain them what to do.

As i arrive to the Nokia Care (ten minutes later) Nokia already have e-mailed them with my data and instructions on what to do.

Now my phone is going to be sent to Nokia: they told me they are going to update the phone to Nokia Belle and to change de product code so I can get future updates.

In a week (or so) i expect my phone back. I'm crossing my fingers.

Thank you Michael, Kertu and others that are taking care of this problem. We, the users, haven't generated it. It is not our fault that there are so many SWAP codes out there. But I appreciate you are taking care of the problem.

Please use plain text.
ryandea1

I have a C7 and I am in South Africa my product code is 059F1C6.  I am still awaiting the release of nokia belle. My service Provider is Vodacom and apparently the software is still  "waiting for approval" and the update has not appeared on nokia suite. When will this update be released? Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kimimaro

If you see my post earlier I am in the same shoe as you! I dont want to pay something where everyone else get for free and the defect is not even our fault
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hamdhan

What do you mean? I never said we should pay for it!

Its a free update!
Proud Owner of a Nokia (1Ghz Nokia Belle Device).

"One does not simply buy a Nokia."
"iPhone falls = Screen breaks | Nokia falls = floor breaks"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kimimaro

Sorry Hamdhan, I was talking talking to saurabk . Sorry forgot to quote the id. I mean what he/she said is all my point. I am fustrated this is their fault and now we are here suffering 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

kimimaro wrote:

Sorry Hamdhan, I was talking talking to saurabk . Sorry forgot to quote the id. I mean what he/she said is all my point. I am fustrated this is their fault and now we are here suffering 

Now that someone has admitted that having bought a high-end smartphone does only bring worries etc I guess no one will kick me if I say this; Why do we spend our money on expensive phones? We must be crazy (I was crazy when I bought mine too)! The less things we have, the happier we become...

Cheers everyone :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SagarLukka

I have same product code , but i visited nokia care center,

They updated my n8 with belle free of cost,

Visit Nokia care center
Please use plain text.
Advisor
TornadoT1

I'm glad that some one mentoned the alternative reality which is sipley MOVE ON, i'm sick of nokia and its weak and bad customer care, and product support, i donno why you guys still stick up for it, it has nothing! absolutely nothing!! while android is taing over the world along by side of iOS, if i didn't have this "update" by the end of this month i'm going to android and that's coming from me, a guy who adores and worships nokie, tells or more over forces and makes other buy nokia, encourages nokia and its products and advertises it in every conversation while having a friendly discent dialogue, but now Nokia crossed the line and i can't take it anymore and now i can't tell people to convert to nokia regarding this cheap words and weak services, and later on for my friends to fall in this pit of no answers and later on curse me or regret of ever hearing me and converting to nokia!

my message to nokia: "EITHERFIX YOUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND LAUNCH SOEMTHING FULL AND READY FOR USE OR CUT THE BLASHPHERING AND LOSE YOUR CUSTOMER!!!!"

Manuel Tokmakjian MT
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dog8myscreenie

@no one in particular

Dear Nokia,

It would seem that the "availability" web page isn't being updated regularly. The date at the top STILL states 7th February. I am in the UK, and on the O2 network (N8-00 059C1B7 for which the Belle update is as yet unavailable)

I know that the update for the 3 Network is already available, but the website still states "Awaiting Approval" for that update. If the web page was kept updated, a lot of people wouldn't feel the need to come here asking "When am I going to get my update?"

I understand that this is a major update, and on the whole it has gone rather smoothly, albeit with some major software gripes (from what I've read, although none of which I can attest to personally, as I'm still on Symbian Anna), but I do feel at times, that the lack of information from Nokia to it's consumers is probably a lot of the problem. That said, the update is free, and you didn't have to go to all the trouble of making it backwards compatible with the earlier handsets, so that is to be commended. Personally, as a consumer, I like to be kept informed. I don't want to have to visit websites with outdated information, and I certainly don't want to have to visit forums to ask any questions, as the previous 2 (one last week, one this week) questions I've directed to Nokia, are as yet unanswered, so it's kind of counter productive.

I'm not asking for a miracle, I'm not asking for the world, I'm just asking that the information is passed onto the consumers as soon as it's available, rather than "when someone gets round to it" is that REALLY too much to ask?

Thanks for reading :catwink:

You're only jealous because the voices in my head won't talk to you.

Currently using: N8-00: Symbian Belle
Previously owned: 5110, 3330, 6310i, 6822, N91, N73, N95, N82, N97, X6
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hamdhan

@Phonehacker.... thts why I bought the Nokia 500. Cheap but looks great

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chaaskul

Hi,

is there any update on the following please. My N8 059C4Z7 is the same status, but I updated on Monday morning. many thanks

059D188Under investigation
Please use plain text.
Yash475

why don't you work out an update for my nokia n97 as it was one of the out most leading model once upon a time. Its my product code: 0587487 .... Please think about this seriously ....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
opmn

can i get symbian belle for my c7 soon?
Product code 059B5J6
Please use plain text.
Contributor
opmn

pleas nokia
give symbian belle update for me pleas
belle not avilalable for my phone 059B5J6 in today
can i update my c7 anna to belle soon......
Please use plain text.
sashyl9676

[ Edited ]

I think customers with swap will not upgrade mobile... In few months  exactly. This will drag on for very long. And take the phone for a couple of weeks no one will. Changed the code of the phone caused by nokiа and as always affected customers.In the next time think before you buy is not the cheapest mobile Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hamdhan

Take your phones to Nokia service center. They MIGHT be able to do it for you.

Please use plain text.
djazmaticonuh

TANX NOKIA FOR RESPONING TO MY REQUEST. I HAVE GOTTEN THE UPDATE FOR MY N8 PRODUCT CODE 0599433. ITS JUST LOVELY. TANX
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

any info about latest Belle (111.030.0609) update for 059L499 ? thank you !

:cathappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
setsuna15

it seems belle update for 500 is out i think. i can't wait

Nokia user since 2004.
Owned 3310, 1100, 3300, 6600, 6300, 5310, 5130, N79, 5800.
Owns: 6230 (still alive) and 500....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Reval

Product code 059K470 also appears on T-Mobile UK phones!
Please use plain text.