Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle availability information

Professor
jraduga

kerttu wrote:

jraduga and co.,

unfortunately we don't any further information on Australia yet, but as promised, we will let you know when there is news to share!

So I'm guessing then that you have no idea of what any other departments are actually doing. Surely you would have some idea of whether or not the belle update is still in negotiations to find out what is required by the carrier/operators, or is in writing at the moment, or is it finished being written. Or do you truly have no idea as to what is going on.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but honestly to say you don't have any information on Australia yet, really just says that you have no idea of what is happening in the company you working for. J-Lo has gievn a better response than you. Your website says in planning, can you tell us in more than one line what that means and entails. For instance does it mean that you are currently planning what is required in belle such as operators requirements, before you start to write it, or does it mean you are negotiating a release date. At what end of the process is the planning. Come on you must have some idea, otherwise why did they put you in this job.

We understand we are the people from way down south, but hey we are some of the smartest people on the planet. We are at the very least an economy that is one of the strongest on the planet (if not the strongest at the moment). We have some of the highest take up of new technology on the planet, and yet Nokia keeps trying to push old technology on us, like the lumia 800, give us something that is different, something truly world class, come on show us what nokia is really made of. We have money to spend, unlike most other countries, but we are not going to buy regurgitated products with no more features than a phone from several years ago.

I tell you what how about I'll make it easy for you, i'm going to give a list that should be reasonable close enough and tell us the cooresponding number to it.

1. discuss with telce/operators to find out what their needs are eg. what features they want or dont want, what must be included such as things like branding or default contact numbers.

2.confirm what changes are neccessary to comply to australian regulations

3. start to write changes in to Belle

4. testing modified versions, if need be send back to make further changes for issues

5.satisfied it working send each version to appropraite operator/telco

6.make any changes as needed by telcos, if any

7. got approval, not discuss release time frames based on appropriate preparation times for upload to servers, making sure all product codes included.

8. final release

Thats should be pretty close, so tell us what number matches where belle for australia is up to.

I going to bet you dont. Whose else is taking this bet.

PS understand this we are happy to wait until it is ready and as bug free as you can make it, all we are asking for is a bit more granulation of what is happening.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RenOfHeavens

I have an 3 UK branded E7, code 059G4Q6 which is showing as update available on the list, but Nokia Suite v3.3.86 says there is no update available?

Currently running 022.014 Anna.

Please use plain text.
19sasha57

hi, i also nave SWAP phone product code 059B899 and got ANNA update with Nokia Suite without any problem, what about update to BELLE
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

you will need to contact nokia care to find out about being updated to belle for your swap phone.

Please use plain text.
volhovm

Why Nokia always forward us to Nokia CC ?
My pone got swap code before I am update it to Anna. So it is possible to update phone with swap code to Anna but don`t possible to Bella.
Where is reason ?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
surefootp01

I think your policy on updates is very unfair.We expect update like belle to be available to all Nokia E6 users irrespective of code.I bought my E6 in southern africa and with the understanding that Belle will be coming to E6 .It was latter that i found out that the product code 0588692 is from Australia and there are usually last in any firmware upgrade. i feel betrayed because on belle website for that code its written its still in planning phase.If you dont roll out your updates worldwide you will loose us to android or other "just" operating systems.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
monty_0309

This means we will not be able to update belle using Nokia Suite ....
And will any NCC will update my phone to Belle (in India) for free as its out of warranty.
Please answer these questions.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
faaza

[ Edited ]

Hi  anyone get information about pro code 059L3M6  ??????

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

to what are you referring Monty_0309.

if you have a swap phone then you will need to go to NCC to have upgraded and there should not be any charge, based on what nokia staff on here have previosuly advisd.

if you have a regular product code then you will be able to update using nokla suite as soon as the update is available for your area and carrier

Please use plain text.
Contributor
microcat36

Code 059G4Q6,  3UK E7-00,  I have been waiting patiently for the update and on the 6th it shows on the site as available, but Nokia Suite does not show it as available on two different PC's.

My sister tries her own E7 at her house, it is not showing to her PC/phone either and now 4 days down the line it still is not available.

So how long does it take to get onto the servers and why lie on the site that it is available when it plainly isn't.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tenacres1200

We have 7 nokia phones in our house including 3 waiting for belle to be released, the best thing to do down under, is to stop buying and never recommend nokia phones to your friends, maybe that way they will finally get the message that you can't treat customers like this!

Please use plain text.
Employee
kerttu

Hi RenOfHeavens and microcat26,

unfortunately we had to temporarily remove 059G4Q6 from distribution for further testing, but we are working hard to get it back online as soons as possible. Please stay tuned..!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
microcat36

Would it not have made sense to update the availability site to this effect.

It is still shows as available at the moment and Nokia's online advisers are advising people to download the Nokia Software updater to install the update so they obviously do not know it has been withdrawn either :smileyfrustrated:

It's not exactly professional of Nokia if the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing, probably another months wait now as we will have no way of knowing when it is available again.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
faaza

Hi, Mr. Kerttu 

When i get update for 059L3M6 ???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
krissb

Hi,

I bought  yesterday a NOKIA E6-00, that has pre-installed Symbian Anna.

I would dowload and install the newest Symbian Belle, avaiable for my NOKIA E6, but i cannot do it, because the download center tell me that no SW updates are avaiable.

i tried with phone and also with nokia suite 3.3.

Can You help me??

Best regards

Cristina

Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

The gem cannot be polished without friction, and belle really is a jewel! does not matter how long it takes, you will get it and it is a wonderful firmware for n8 and others...Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing stil... they are nott standing still, belle breathes new life into symbian phones

total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

Man, i really am beginning to sound like a "sage"...g+** help us all... i censored it myself guys
total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Advisor
TornadoT1

i second you on that!!! my galaxy SII is coming soon, and let Nokia still post fake promises and keep on with its delays, i'm ashamed of nokia and his HORRIBLE service, now i feel sorry for all Nokia users, once i saw what cheap, fake and loser compnay is this nokia!! shame on them!!

Manuel Tokmakjian MT
Please use plain text.
Advisor
TornadoT1

i second you 100%

Manuel Tokmakjian MT
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kaveesh1995

hi :smileyhappy:
im using an E7 on which i cant seem to update to the nokia belle os... I cant find the update in'software updates'.
Im from sri lanka btw.
Please use plain text.