Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle availability information

potpotchua

hi any update for my nokia c6-01 product code 0585851 plz
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

@ Steve_j

Nokia - Can you please update all those asking why Country Variant UK 059L3M6 has been 'Waiting for Approval' for nearly six weeks?

mechanimal82 et. al. - this software is for SIM unlocked phones i.e. not specific to any carrier. I would assume therefore that it is Nokia that approves the software. It is highly likely that this is the base software that gets all the carrier's bloatware added to it. Given that all other variants have been released, it makes no sense why this version is still in review.

Some basic customer service on the part of Nokia might be nice. It might even be to their benefit given their current financial situation and market share!

Steve there is still some carrier testing even for sim-free/non branded phones.  It sounds weird but its what the carriers demand and in some cases the local law as well. From the carriers point of view, they obviously will concentrate on their own version of the firmware more than the non-branded version.

Also even if you have a phone that was originally supplied by your carrier as a locked phone, then you simply ulocked the phone. you will still get their firmware not the generic, As your firmware is based solely on the product code, and unlocking the phone does not change the product code. In which case you will have to wait until its approved.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

Vodafone Australia have just announced they have finished testing Nokia Belle and have given approval.

Nokia what is the status?
Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Joshuatron

Kerrtu has announced on another thread that they're aware that Vodafone has approved the update for 3 and Vodafone variants so the update should arrive early next week. For his official statement go to the Nokia Belle In Australia thread. :smileyhappy: Seems like it's a very short wait for us. I can't wait. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

@Kertu
Would I be right In saying that Tesco will be skipping the Belle update for 059C951 as it's been over 2 months now since Belle's release?
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jaekie_K

Kia Ora

Any update for product code - 059C7R0 - The last one standing!!

Don't want to move platforms just yet....comon Belle!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cyefour

Hi,

is the update available in South Africa? my product code is 059D7P4. the guys at he nokia care centre say i should wait a few weeks. how long is it going to take?

Please use plain text.
brewsed

The web page:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability

has not been updated since 17 April.

Can Nokia say whether there has been any progress on the few remaining United Kingdom products that remain - in particular 059H316?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zinzan

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've just been told by my provider  (3 Ireland) that Nokia say the belle update for my C7 (product code 059F823) is available. On the Belle availability site, it says 'Waiting for approval'

I have tried updating my phone using Nokia suite on the PC (both latest release and beta labs versions) and using the Mac updater and there are no updates available. Can you please advise where the update is and when it will be available for me to download?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ballistiched

@kerttu - Can you chase Tesco UK for the update to their Nokia N8 handsets. The product code is 059C951. What is the status? Do you know?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
e71n8

Hopefully Tesco will get their finger out of their **** as have written again to Chief Exec Office, as have done with the Anna update, which seemed to work as it appeared a couple of days later.

Also been in contact with Tesco Support, who have come up with the usual excuses, but a kick from the CEO will probably help things along.

At least then, users can decide whether to update or not.

Would have hoped Nokia would have tried to progress, but nothing seemingly from them !!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Employee
kerttu

hi everyone,

concerning the remaining variants in UK, mainly N8 059C51 (Tesco) and Nokia 500 059L3M6, I just wanted to let you know that I finally received further info!

Tesco has just approved Nokia Belle so the update should be available for you in the beginning of next week. And for Nokia 500 country variant, we are still sorting out some un-clarities but I will keep you updated, stay tuned!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
e71n8

Hello,
Thanks for the update.

Amazing what a kick from the top can do !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tonyxm75192

Thank you for the update, I will look forward to Belle. The steadfast refusal by Tesco to give any information or help, however, means that I will never use their service again.

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

:squint: I 2nd that!!

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

any official anouncment on the delay for the Australian Telstra varients yet?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
WOTH

Hi All,

Well another month has passed.

The availability information for a UK E7 with the product code 059H316 sourced from Nokia online in the UK with a T-Mobile contract, though I don't think that the phone is locked to that network, still says waiting for approval.  Is there any chance Belle is ever going to be appoved for this device and if it is, can someone give an indication of when.

Best Regards,

Warren....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
steven1105

No sign of this yet on Tesco! Maybe that kick up the backside didnt work or happen!! I know from speaking to Tesco customer service over last few months that i knew far more than the idiot on the end of the phone did about Nokia N8 and the constant update issues from Tesco. Im actually looking forward to this being the last update so i dont have to go through this **bleep** ever again.

Please use plain text.
tellyb69

Hi Kerttu,

Thanks for confirming that Tesco had finally approved the Belle update after three months delay last week.

You stated in your post that Nokia would make the firmware available 'in the beginning of next week'. Given that new firmware only seems to be made available Monday - Friday, it's now offically the middle of this week. Tomorrow we will be in what would be perceived by most people as the end of this week. More frustrating delays.

Can you please give your colleagues a shove and get this online today so us Tesco N8 users can finally discover what all the fuss is about with the official Belle firmware?

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gazza197000

i'm not holding my breath about the tesco update ,

you would have thought that nokia would have got this sorted out by now ,

no wonder they are falling  behind in the phone market,

Please use plain text.