Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle availability information

Counsellor
e71n8

Can Nokia get this done now they have approval.

This process is so slow, it makes both Tescos and Nokia both look incompetent.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zinzan

Bumping this as there has been no response:

Hi,

I've just been told by my provider  (3 Ireland) that Nokia say the belle update for my C7 (product code 059F823) is available. On the Belle availability site, it says 'Waiting for approval'

I have tried updating my phone using Nokia suite on the PC (both latest release and beta labs versions) and using the Mac updater and there are no updates available. Can you please advise where the update is and when it will be available for me to download?

Please use plain text.
Employee
kerttu

hi everyone,

unfortunately, for Tesco variant we are still sorting some un-clarities around it so I'm sorry about the delay, and will let you know asap once it's finally available.

@zinzan, for 059F823, I have checked with our local team and the process for you to get update Nokia Belle has been started.

@WOTH, for 059H316, I'm checking on this!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
e71n8

Hello,

Thanks for the further update on Tescos.

I think most of us know where the fault lies with the update process: TESCOS !!

We look forward to further news.

Please use plain text.
12iz3

hi..

I have a N8 which has a SWAP product code. The Nokia Care Centre said that they will be charging for the Belle update because the warranty has expired.

I do not understand why they are charging because Belle update is supposed to be free and the reason why my phone has the SWAP product code was due to a repair done by their Nokia Care Centre!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gazza197000

looks like nokia are talking sh*t, still no update for tesco customers, if you talk to nokia they say it's tesco, talk to tesco and they say it's nokia,

customer service with nokia and tesco has gone down hill over the last year.

i'm glad my contract is up for renewal as i have just pre-ordered a galaxy 3 on a different network,

so i'm  not worried about getting the update.

as they old dragons say on that note i'm out .

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

Good move gazza. I'm on a SIM only so would have to buy a phone outright.The SGS3 may be a good option as at least it's upto date and won't suffer from Nokia's bureacratic mess, also known as updates.
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zinzan

Thanks Kerttu!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
00RaiserTwo

Hello. I see that there are quite a lot of product codes to which the Nokia Belle update is not available for download.

Up to now, I haven't been able to update to Symbian Belle because of my phone's product code which is 059B663. I'm from the Philippines, by the way.

I hope you could keep us posted for further updates. Thank you, kerttu.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
00RaiserTwo

Okay. Disregard this. I've been browsing through the thread and I saw my product code in the updated list. It says SWAP. I hope I could finally get my phone with a Nokia Belle installed, finally. Thank you! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
00RaiserTwo

@kerttu

Just to clarify, I saw that my phone's product code (059B663) is a SWAP variant. Up to now, it is not available as an update yet according to the availability page.

The nearest Nokia Care branch here in my place is quite far so updating via the Nokia Suite would be more comfortable and easier for me.

Could you give any updates regarding the status of this product code? I've been itching for three months already to get Nokia Belle on my phone.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Exsodia

this is my phone code

059B288 Nokia Belle unavailable

and when I'm try to searsh about any software the pc suite say : no update available

what i can do now?

notice : i'm in Egypt
Please use plain text.
bali2meet

What about product code: 059b8b0, when it will get belle update
Please use plain text.
Contributor
david_alex

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

Any idea when Belle FP1 is available for 059L5H2, SIM free Nokia 701? Nokia suite says "no updates available", still shows 111.030.0609.

I've seen it on another 701 (059H214) and works great!

Best regards,

David.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
e71n8

Hello,

Please can you sort out the ridiculous delay in the Tesco Belle update.

This has been discussed at length, promised, then retracted. What is going on?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vasubidani

Hi, I have a Nokia C7 which product code is 059B8B0 & i have not get belle update for my device. can anyone let me know that when it'll be available?

Please use plain text.
tellyb69

The firmware update for the unfortunate owners of Tesco supplied devices has once again crumbled into a fiasco.

It irks me greatly that I am still subject to the whim of Tesco when my phone is out of contract with them and currently in use with an entirely different provider, having been unlocked BY TESCO THEMSELVES over a year ago so that I could leave their network.

Unlocked phones aren't morally tied to a network, they have been relinquished by the original provider. I don't understand why Nokia cannot implement a system whereby unlocked phones can easily be upgraded to a vanilla firmware version. There must be a way of determining whether a device is network locked through the software updater and it should be made possible to upgrade these orphaned phones where the original supplier couldn't care less.

It should also be a Nokia policy that if a network does not  'approve' a firmware update within a reasonable period of say, two weeks, the firmware should be made available to users by default. Nokia device users should not be penalized by networks who don't care, like Tesco.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gazza197000

tellyb69

you would have thought that nokia would  roll out the belle update to every phone regardless of network,

i was lucky in that my contract was up for renewal so i have binned tesco and nokia !

i can't belive that nokia are letting tesco call the shots on the update , just proves how weak nokia have become.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
e71n8

Would Nokia do us the courtesy of a response about the Tesco update please, as this is totally unacceptable?

Please use plain text.
tellyb69

[ Edited ]

So that'll be a big fat "No" then?

Please use plain text.