Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle availability information

Contributor
WOTH

Hi all, Kerttu,

I posted here on the 10th Feb, 03rd April and the 30th April regarding the Belle update for the UK E7 varient 059H316.  I note that today is 28th May, another month has passed and to my knowledge there is STILL no Belle update for this phone.  The message from Nokia's representative in this forum is 'Im checking on this'.  There has been no other information.  So, I'll ask again, when will this phone get the Belle update and what is holding up the update?  If you're waiting for someone from Nokia's online retail operation in the UK to approve this, you might be out of luck, I think they were disbanded last year.

Best, but very frustrated regards,

Warren. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
thomasgray123

Totally agree to the above post, I have the same product code. THIS PHONE WAS BROUGHT FROM NOKIA DIRECT (WHEN IT EXISTED), HOW CAN THIS BE FORGOTTEN?????

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zinzan

Anybody there?!!

"Justy been told this by my operator re: 059F823

"sorry for the delay in updates but just wanted to let you know that Nokia have committed to have the update out by the end of the week"

So I presume that means it will be out today or tomorrow?!"

Please use plain text.
Employee
kerttu

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you that Nokia Belle rollout is about to be completed. We will still continue to check the status for individual variants that have not yet received Nokia Belle update, but it’s quite unlikely that variants that are not approved and live yet will be still published (as operators are focusing on other handset models and updates by now). Furthermore, the Nokia Belle Availability/rollout page has been closed.

Thank you everyone for updating to Nokia Belle! 

Please use plain text.
Employee
kerttu

@zinzan, update for you is on its way but seems to be stuck in the pipeline somewhere. I'm sorry for the delay, I will continue to push for it!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hello Kerttu

I have a 701 (059L499) running Belle (112.010.1404).

I have understood that we shall get the Microsoft Apps sometime after but I still do not see any sign of availability for these (OTA or Nokia Store).

So, are Microsoft Apps availabe ? or is there something special to do ?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
JoseGFilippa

Hi kerttu,

Glad I have found this thread... Nokia chat assistance in Argentina was not able to help me. I'm from Argentina and I have an unbranded Nokia 500 with Symbian Anna 010.032 (010.032.259.01). Product code is 059L6V4. Nokia Suite 3.4.49 says there is no available updates and only gives me the options to reinstall current version (010.032) (Last checked this morning). What can I do to install Belle in my phone??? Please help me. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Philip_J

Hi

I'm still stuck with Anna and her tantrums.

Please, do you have any information about the Belle update for the Nokia 500 059L9P4 (Orange, Spain)?

Would much appreciate a swift reply.

All the best,

Phil J.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
david_alex

Hi Kerttu,
I've been checking pretty much daily with Nokia Suite 3.4.49 and SW Update on my unlocked SIM free Nokia 701 (059L5H2) for an update to 112 version, can you check if it's going to receive it please?
Thank you,
David.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
achylles

Hello, since the availability map is down and I haven't checked it for months could you please let me know if there is or will be an update available for X7 product code: 059K0H0, Greece. Thank you

Please use plain text.
Employee
kerttu

[ Edited ]

@JoseGFilippa, @Philip_J, @Achylles,

Nokia Belle updates for you (Nokia 500: 059L6V4, 059L9P4, X7: 059K0H0) are being worked on and should become available later. Unfortunately I don't have any detailed estimate.

@david_alex & 059L5H2, unfortunately I received info that this particular update would not be taken into use in Hong Kong (due to some incompatibilities).  Please stay patient for the next software update!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hello Kerttu,

I have an unlocked and unbranded Nokia 700 currently on v111.020, and there is no sign of either the v111.030 or v112 updates.  I would really like to have the v112 FP1 update as it offers significant benefits in terms of performance and new widgets.

The product code is 059L5V1 (Nokia_700_RM_670_Country_Variant_UK_GB_V2_Black_G​rey_VAR188848).

Some people have suggested that this is a Tesco Mobile variant, although mine did not come from Tesco.  I have no idea whether this is the case, but the product code description does not mention any operator.

Please can you check when I am going to receive Belle FP1 firmware (v112) for my device?

Thanks,

Al

Please use plain text.
Contributor
david_alex

Hi kerttu,
Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it. A bit disappointing about incompatibilities, but good news that Nokia people are still working for a newer update. I would have been happy even with a minor patch to unlock the processor to it's full potential since UI and web browsing is a bit sluggish, maybe even fix the Adobe Flash player, but I'll keep waiting, not ready to give up my shiny new 701 yet:smileyhappy:
Best regards,
David.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jay0741

symbian belle was one future lost.
Symbian belle in one folder create and this folder open and not create a folder in folder .
Pls this problem solve me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
achylles

Thank you very much !
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chaud93

My nokia 603 Product Code : 059M3K6 also still haven't recieve the nokia belle fp1 update. Any idea when it will recieve the update? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
evomedia247

[ Edited ]

If it turns out that AU Optus customers won't even get Belle now as its "too late" because optus has spent the last months putting their own branding on Belle and turning menus yellow ... so long in fact that Nokia won't even publish the thing now, then I will never buy a Nokia or use Optus again period, I'd rather cut out my own eyes that have to endure such incompitant management and support. I bought my phone only a month before Belles orginal planned launch feeling safe that the phone would be updated to a decent version of symbian in only a few weeks.

This whole chain of events shows complete incompetance on the part of both Nokia and Optus, its the complete lack of communication, misleading statements, no word about AU not being part of the orginal belle rollout until after rollout, in fact no info until people started shouting at Nokia and Optus to explain themselves, followed by endless statements from both Nokia and Optus blaming each other, and even guarantees after the public outcry that we would get the update.

Everyday customers sit in the dark getting more frustrated, if either company had any respect for their customers they would have ensured that angry customers were dealt with as quickly as possible to minimise the damage. If the latest statement turns out to be true and the whole belle update is shelved for Optus as the developers are now working on other things, then all I can say is that Nokia and Optus have lost the plot regarding keeping customers. Both know customers are angry and to then shelve it in that knowledge rather than deal with the issue, then they may as well just stand up and say we couldn't care less, so what if you gave us your cash, we only want windows phone, apple or google customers, you lot on Symbian in AU are just a speck of dirt on last weeks shoes we disgarded. It seems everyone still forgets that Symbian still has the largest user base on the planet.

Vote with you wallet and deny them your dollars, its the fact that its mostly loyal customers here that are affected, its been a hard enough job keeping with Nokia anyway with them calling there own platform a burning bridge, loosing developers, not choosing to build for all OS's and letting people choose Nokia hardware and the OS they prefer.

I'm pretty much beyond caring any more. Optus is out of my life as soon as its possible, Nokia also, I'll envy the features and hardware I grew to love but can't give money to such endless failures in making your custom feel important.

So is it shelved for AU Optus? Even if the update now surfaces in the next few weeks, the fact that we even have had to endure statements like the one below are unacceptable:

Just wanted to share with you that Nokia Belle rollout is about to be completed. We will still continue to check the status for individual variants that have not yet received Nokia Belle update, but it’s quite unlikely that variants that are not approved and live yet will be still published (as operators are focusing on other handset models and updates by now). Furthermore, the Nokia Belle Availability/rollout page has been closed.

Either way Nokia and AU telcos have shown so little thought for the customers here thats I'd be amazed if a single Optus customer with a symbian phone ever touches either company again, its been a complete farse, one of the worst examples of corporate mismanagement I've ever witnessed. Even the most loyal customers simply can't ever justify this treatment.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
roymgcr

let rogers n8 update!!!...to belle....its unlocked!...y dont even live in canada
Please use plain text.
Contributor
martinn19

Hi. I have nokia 500 and I can´t update it to belle. The product code is 059L6V4. Nokia suite 3.4.49 says there is no available updates and only gives me the option to install the current version of the phone. What do I have to do to update the phone?. Could you please help me?. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
mide64

@martinn,I once had dat problem with my nokia 500. Try using another pc to check for belle update for ur phone. Also, I noticed the microsoft app is available through the suite but anytime I try installing it, gives me an error @ the end of installation. Any help
Please use plain text.