Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here ...

Advisor
bullocha

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

Skyee,

Can you provide any insight as to why Nokia have chosen to single out Australia, Canada and Israel as the only countries in the world that will not be receiving Belle (according to the Update Status page)??

Thanks

A..

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi rolfsnolf, could you inform us

- phone model

- product code (*#0000#)

- software version

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jijomathewkdn

my phone is n8 (product code 05992550) doesnot have the update for belle

this is a sad and most hated movement by nokia

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

i've been told by telstra in australia that they will be providing the update. but just to confirm i will check with my friend tomorrow
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mukulm79

SAME HERE WHY NOKIA NOT UPDATING N8 WITH CODE NO. 0599255 CAN ANYBODY HELP US
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Humanicorn

are you implying that Nokia Belle for nokia 500 might come this week or next week? Cause I really want Nokia belle already for my phone. :C 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rolfsnolf

Trying it one more time, so cant acces that data, reinstalled nokia suite (again), maybe that helps. if not ill post the info, hmm just seeing the diconnected sign again... ill wait the 15 mins stated in the faq first..
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

vodaphone did stated that they would provide it as well but hadnt heard from nokia occuring to their website. From what Skyee mentioned that for technical reasons the country may not get it. So considering i bought the E7 the day after release in Australia last year and its not even 12 months old, and now you are saying that its too hard to provide an update to belle. I'm Asking what you will provide us instead? and why is it too hard

Please use plain text.
peterc1962

Hi guys

I am in Switzerland

N8-00

it's on the list at http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability

the phone itself shows that there is an update available

but Nokia Suite 3.3.86 says there is no update available.

Any clue?

Thanks Peter

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

mukulm79 wrote:
SAME HERE WHY NOKIA NOT UPDATING N8 WITH CODE NO. 0599255 CAN ANYBODY HELP US

Coming soon, update for this product code should be visible to you on Nokia Suite by tomorrow morning.

Br,

Teemu

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

rolfsnolf wrote:
Trying it one more time, so cant acces that data, reinstalled nokia suite (again), maybe that helps. if not ill post the info, hmm just seeing the diconnected sign again... ill wait the 15 mins stated in the faq first..

maybe you can try changing the date to another date in future

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

telstra told me that they knew about the updat but couldnt officialy say anything till telstra give an official release date
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

that and we already have belle phones in australia
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

there also seems to be alot of doubles on the australia page
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bullocha

Perhaps it's a language support issue. Programming to support the 'strewth', 'flaming galah', and 'she'll be right' keys can be somewhat tricky.

Seriously however, I too am an Australian will be less than impressed if Nokia choose not to release Belle here, especially as I am an E6-00 owner and already have to deal with the fact Nokia have all but dropped support for this phone altogether (it's not even listed in the support section of the Nokia Australia website).

This could potentially be hundreds of dollars wasted (given I bought the phone outright to avoid carrier issues with firmware updates), and I don't make the same mistake twice.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

andrewaussie wrote:

did you read Skyees post on page 2.

This one is not a carrier issue Andrew, check the last half of this quote

"Some countries and operators have nevertheless decided to not make Nokia Belle available due to technical reasons. In detail that means, if the information in the availability page states “Nokia Belle not available” the update unfortunately won’t be released for this variant."

It appears the carriers are saying they are willing but the other half of the equation isnt.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

o and new zeland is getting it
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

[ Edited ]
yes i read this but i have also been in constant contact with telstra

i will make damn sure i get it

jraduga wrote:

andrewaussie wrote:

did you read Skyees post on page 2.

This one is not a carrier issue Andrew, check the last half of this quote

"Some countries and operators have nevertheless decided to not make Nokia Belle available due to technical reasons. In detail that means, if the information in the availability page states “Nokia Belle not available” the update unfortunately won’t be released for this variant."

It appears the carriers are saying they are willing but the other half of the equation isnt.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jijomathewkdn

thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bullocha

This would explain why those phones with product codes associated with carriers are not getting the updates, but why not the non-carrier (ie. Nokia) product codes?

Please use plain text.