Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.
Reply

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here ...

Professor
jraduga
Posts: 725

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...


andrewaussie wrote:
yes i read this but i have also been in constant contact with telstra

i will make damn sure i get it

 

 


jraduga wrote:


andrewaussie wrote:
that and we already have belle phones in australia

did you read Skyees post on page 2.

This one is not a carrier issue Andrew, check the last half of this quote

"Some countries and operators have nevertheless decided to not make Nokia Belle available due to technical reasons. In detail that means, if the information in the availability page states “Nokia Belle not available” the update unfortunately won’t be released for this variant."

 

It appears the carriers are saying they are willing but the other half of the equation isnt.



 



wish you luck andrew, i think you will have an uphill battle with this one. this time i thinks its nokia decision not to supply it. We all saw how quick vodaphone and optus were to give approval as soon as they got it they appeared to sign off on it. but none of them have seen it from what i can find out. Although they all know of it, nokia hasnt given it to them.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rolfsnolf
Posts: 100

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

- nokia n8
- 059C9X4
- 024.001

installation failed again
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga
Posts: 725

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...


bullocha wrote:


"Some countries and operators have nevertheless decided to not make Nokia Belle available due to technical reasons. In detail that means, if the information in the availability page states “Nokia Belle not available” the update unfortunately won’t be released for this variant."

 

It appears the carriers are saying they are willing but the other half of the equation isnt.


 

This would explain why those phones with product codes associated with carriers are not getting the updates, but why not the non-carrier (ie. Nokia) product codes?



Nokia wont release an update for any phones in a country whether they are branded or not, unless they get some of the carriers approving it. but in this case it appears that nokia hasnt even gone that far.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232
Posts: 175

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...


jraduga wrote:

andrewaussie wrote:
yes i read this but i have also been in constant contact with telstra

i will make damn sure i get it

 

 


jraduga wrote:


andrewaussie wrote:
that and we already have belle phones in australia

did you read Skyees post on page 2.

This one is not a carrier issue Andrew, check the last half of this quote

"Some countries and operators have nevertheless decided to not make Nokia Belle available due to technical reasons. In detail that means, if the information in the availability page states “Nokia Belle not available” the update unfortunately won’t be released for this variant."

 

It appears the carriers are saying they are willing but the other half of the equation isnt.



 



wish you luck andrew, i think you will have an uphill battle with this one. this time i thinks its nokia decision not to supply it. We all saw how quick vodaphone and optus were to give approval as soon as they got it they appeared to sign off on it. but none of them have seen it from what i can find out. Although they all know of it, nokia hasnt given it to them.

 

 


Sorry to hear you guys in Oz are having troubles. I am falling off my chair with amazement that I just updated my E7 in New York, can't quite believe America was included on the first run of updates. Good work Nokia on being much more organized this time (for most)

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nguenht
Posts: 19

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

omg! Nokia Belle is finally released! *tears of joy*
sorry for my bad english
nokia 6230 silver > nokia 6670 silver > nokia c6-01 black
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nick_fieldsy23
Posts: 15

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

i've sent a e-mail to nokia care to find out why aust are not getting the udate

doesn't make sence seeing as we have belle os phone's here why can't they give us the update for older devices
Please use plain text.
New Member
joupelto
Posts: 2

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

Hi,

 

Nokia suite says that there isn't update available for my phone. Your Belle availability webpage tells it should be available for my phone in my country. I'm located in Finland, and here is my phone information.

 

Nokia E7-00

Current software 025.007.263.05

Product Code: 059F8S7

 

Is there anything I could do?

 

BR,

Jouko

 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bullocha
Posts: 14

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...


nick_fieldsy23 wrote:
i've sent a e-mail to nokia care to find out why aust are not getting the udate

doesn't make sence seeing as we have belle os phone's here why can't they give us the update for older devices

Perhaps the launch of the Lumia 800 in March has something to do with it.  We wouldn't want people upgrading their existing phones and as such providing them a new lease on life when we are about hit the market with a brand new, even more expensive phone.

 

I'll take my tinfoil hat off now.. *sigh*

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ekarthik
Posts: 8

no belle update for 599398

no belle update for 599398

Please use plain text.
Employee
Posts: 370

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

Hi Jouko, do you have Nokia Suite 3.3.86 installed?  Please try going in Nokia Suite -> Tools -> Software updates and click refresh there.

 

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Advisor
max2005b
Posts: 10

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

Hi!

 

I own a Nokia E6.

 

After Nokia has lied to us about the very poory battery performance of E6, have you no shame stating that you won't release Nokia Belle for Israel?

 

Hundreds of thousands nokia owners in Israel are waiting for this lame patch you call Belle for over a year now, and you now supprisingly say that you will not release it to Israel/Australia and Canada?

 

This is the last time I will get any near a Nokia device.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ekarthik
Posts: 8

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

no belle update for 599398

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nick_fieldsy23
Posts: 15

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

i hear you
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ekarthik
Posts: 8

no belle update for 599398

no belle update for product code-599398

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tomahawk14
Posts: 10

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

Will there be an update for N8 product code:

 

059D8C7

 

phone was bought through Tele2 Croatia but the product code is not listed under Croatia product codes.

 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nick_fieldsy23
Posts: 15

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

hope fully this is why
be a shame not to get the update take note nokia

WE WANT YOUR UPDATE LET US HAVE IT
Please use plain text.
New Member
joupelto
Posts: 2

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

Hi Samuli,

 

Yes I have 3.3.86 installed. I've booted my phone and also my Nokia suite.

 

Now it finds the update, and seems to be installing it. :smileyvery-happy:

 

Thank you Samuli for quick response.

 

Br, Jouko

Please use plain text.
Employee
Posts: 370

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

Great to hear Jouko, good that you're getting Nokia Belle now. 

 

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Contributor
geobaby22
Posts: 9

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

Why its not available for product code 059B656 Nokia N8-00. Am from India.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga
Posts: 725

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...


nick_fieldsy23 wrote:
i've sent a e-mail to nokia care to find out why aust are not getting the udate

doesn't make sence seeing as we have belle os phone's here why can't they give us the update for older devices

See in Australia our N8's and E7's are more technically advanced than the rest of the world. that must be what it is..LOL...

 

 

Please use plain text.