Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here ...

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

Ok understand some operators may not want to go through process ... But what about those of us that brought generic (outright) with no telco branding ... Why no generic E7 Belle?..Does not make sense.. Unless want  to **bleep** customers off 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

I also have Generic E7 .. Why am i penalized? I paid good money for that thing..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Right on, Palah ... it sort of begs the question, is it the telcos or is it really Nokia?  One think I've learned about Nokia Australia: they're absolute masters at alienating their customers and they wonder why the bottom has dropped out of their market share.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Chuck_NOKIrris

ppl from australia. I know u must be shocked by this, but giv it some time, no point shouting on the forum, There could be any number of reasons why it says that australian phone will not be updated, Mabe it is just a mistake on that site that seems to have a lot of product codes missing as well. This thing just went online and millions of people are effected so it is possible there was an oversight in the page creation and it could just be a 'typo'

Im sure nokia will answer all your questions in timely manner, but right now theyre way overoccupied by users who are downloading and/or having problems with the belle

I will personally sleep on it and see what happens. Good luck to all of u

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Bit of both , i would say.. Telcos couldnt be bothered with "Customising" with their Junk, so we dont get it.. But there is no excuse for Generic outright models.. - thats Nokias court.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Well, Chuck_NOKIrris, Skyee (an employee of Nokia) was pretty explicit in his advice on page 2 of this forum. Belle is NOT EVER coming to Australian users regardless he says. You can sleep like Rip Van Winkle but the Nokia tooth fairy won't visit and it simply isn't going to happen.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nu6110

Australia is not only Shunned, but also Stunned...

I think we should also ask if this exclusion from update for Australia does not breach Trade Practices Act. When N8 was sold here Nokia stated that they will support Symbian till 2014. Someone is engaged in deceiving customers in Australia. I would like to have official statement from Nokia so I can ask my local Member of Parliament for action in this matter.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

If thats so, then it could be grounds for class Action?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

nu6110 wrote:
Someone is engaged in deceiving customers in Australia. I would like to have official statement from Nokia so I can ask my local Member of Parliament for action in this matter.

Sounds like a great idea.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

nu6110 you may have a valid point there. BTW the Trade Practices Act has been repealed and replaced by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 but false and misleading statements in the course of trade is still in there.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Chuck_NOKIrris

if there is no thread about australia issue  it should be created and the topic moved there. It would be easier for australians to group together and would benefit this topic too.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

vinophilius,
We need a common Contact, so all of us affected, can pool our complaints, = rather than scatter them into the Ether..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Not just Australia, but Canada and Israel too!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mudessir

Belle is here :smileyhappy: Saudi Arabia

Please use plain text.
HugeN8Fan

To refuse to give Australian users a Belle upgrade is a disgrace.  There is no valid reason for this and I am positive that the Australian telcos would not all band together and refuse to co-operate with Nokia. 

If this is the case then Nokia will be dead in Australia because no one will want to buy a phone off them anymore due to lack of support.

What is going on Nokia?  Can we get a proper explanation please?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Thank you Paul, but we are just the tip of the iceberg in respect of this issue. I agree that Nokia Australia will only respond if forced to do so; my experience with them has been almost universally negative. They seem serenely unperturbed when people vote with their feet and embrace their competitor's products in utter frustration at their lack of customer support. Chuck_NOKIrris suggest starting a new thread for Australia, I think that has merit but doubt that Nokia Australia will be moved.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

As mentioned above, we may have a clear case for the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 , in Australia..
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

I have just to spoken to nokia care, who advised after a brief search that the marketing department has made a decision not to supply Belle to Australia, due to technical constraints.

That was the only answer I could get, they were unable to elaborate on what kind of technical constraints has caused this decision

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

[ Edited ]

Ok, so whos a legal eagle here? Where do we send our Class action or unified Complaints?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Paul, maybe we do but you're right in that the only way Nokia Australia seems to take any notice of its customers is when they sue. They've already been fined a motza for the "My Nokia" debacle in Australia. It would have to be a class action though; individual actions just aren't worth the powder and shot in relation to the value of the subject matter. Nokia Australia just doesn't seem to care that it's haemorrhaging market share.
Please use plain text.