Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here ...

Counsellor

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

:smileyhappy:Yes, mines being upgraded now..... !!!! Product code : 059J6K7!! fingers, legs and everything else crossed it works.

At last an update after waiting months on 021.13.01.01

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Lakshya

N8 Product Code 0599255 update available on Nokia Belle Availability page BUT can't get the update from nokia suite wats going on :smileyfrustrated: 

Please use plain text.
ErzaScarlet

I refereshed over and over and it still doesnt show up.. any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rohitsingh2713

hii all
thanx for belle update for my c7...i have updated my c7 & loving my belle c7...thanx nokia...u guys rock :smileyhappy:)
Please use plain text.
benlovez

I went to Nokia care here in Nigeria and they seem to be out of the loop. They dont have the Belle Update and dont know where to get it. Maybe you should make it available for them to distribute to us with the so called swap variant
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Mine didn't show the update, I had to keep restarting Nokia Suite 3.3.86 and checking, eventually it showed the update. Keep trying.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
setsuna15

[ Edited ]

Q: What does "Nokia Belle is available in a few weeks for Nokia 500" mean exactly.

A: As usually we don’t comment on timelines, but your phone will notify you once the update is available (just switch on the software update autocheck in your software update app).

well, that might be their answer to our question..... i hope by this saturday or next week, i will get the update for belle!!!

Nokia user since 2004.
Owned 3310, 1100, 3300, 6600, 6300, 5310, 5130, N79, 5800.
Owns: 6230 (still alive) and 500....
Please use plain text.
champroxxzz

no belle update for me too 

Product code - 0599398,

from Dubai UAE

but in location availability it shows dat the product code which is 0599398  update available.. but OVI dosnt show anythin. evn i got da new vorsion of OVI. going nuts.. pls help me// :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kobalto13

I have noticed that:

When checking for updates (on phone's Software Update) with the phone Language set to English, the Belle update appears on the list.

After changing the phone language to Portuguese-Brazil, the Software update fails to retrive the update and asks to try again later.

A similar situation occurs on Nokia Suite:

When using Nokia Suite installed with language English-US, it tells me that my phone is not compatible with the available software.

Removed Nokia Suite EN-US and installed again but with Portuguese-Brazil language, then Nokia Suite fails to retrieve updates' information (Service not available error message).

So, I'd like to know if the language from both phone and Nokia Suite software affects the update to Nokia Belle?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Feynman

Product code: 059H6F1 E6-00 Unbranded bought in UK, code isn't anywhere on so called availability page, hopefully this update will fix the sluggishness.
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi,

some more FAQs to address topics in the last couple of posts.

Q: I get a notification on my phone that the Nokia Belle update is available, but I can’t see it in Nokia Suite. What should I do?

A: Make sure you have the latest version of Nokia Suite, version 3.3.86, installed (you can download it via www.nokia.com/nokiasuite) and press the refresh button in Nokia Suite if it’s not showing automatically.

And we are checking the FM radio case, the "phone not compatible" and the Nigeria Carepoint feedback.

ps: For availability questions please refer to my earlier posts.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rbhasin8

skyee - My product code is listed in the list for which belle is available i.e. 0559330, blue N8 india.

My phone shows that the device update is available. however, i can't see the update option while connected to nokia suite. I have the latest version of the suite installed and I infact reinstalled it to get the update.

Please help

Please use plain text.
niiO

My product code is 059D402 and it is not on the list of nokia n8 product codes to be update for Ghana. Does that mean that you will not update my device?
Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

[ Edited ]

059D111 Country Variant North America Ice Blue

Is there something wrong because it will NOT update. Need ANSWERS PLEASE.

I received Belle Update today.

Started Nokia Suite 3.3.86

Started Belle Update

Nokia Suite downloaded the Update

Started and Completed the Backup 100%

But Starts Looping between these 3/4 processes

Preparing to Install Update - Installing Update - USB Connection is Active, You Can now continue with the software installation - Click Next...

Unplug & Re-Plug USB does not work, nor any other suggested methodologies to date.

Please fix. I was eagerly waiting for the N8 Belle Update to give it a new lease on LIFE.

Otherwise, I would already have abandoned Nokia a long long time ago.

:catmad:

Please use plain text.
himeriq

I have a Nokia E6, product code 059H6F1 , and i can't update to Belle. Nokia Suite says that no updates available. Please! Help me..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Dear rolfsnoff, kindly remove your rose coloured spectacles.

If you read the post by skyee (she's a Nokia employee) on page 2 of this thread you will see, in quite unambiguous terms, that "Nokia Belle not available" means "not ever" for that country.  As far as I can tell only Australia, Canada and Israel have been singled out for that kind of treatment.

Given that Nokia customers in those countries have been told to anticipate the wonderful improvements available in Belle, their disappointment and feeling of abandonment is hardly surprising.  That some would be angry at being so blatantly misled and lied to is entirely foreseeable, though obviously not to the Nokia management who made this perverse and self-destructive decision.  It is an appalling breach of trust for the affected customers, but Nokia just doesn't seem to get it.

Nokia represents on here that posts are read and acted upon.  Australian, Canadian and Israeli customers see no evidence of that yet which feeds into the narrative that Nokia is haughty, high-handed and doesn't give a fig for those customers.  Nokia's silence and lack of transparency on this issue only serves to exacerbate the feeling in those customers that they've been cheated.  In those circumstances, if those customers vote with their feet and wallets, Nokia has, in one fell swoop, effectively trashed its business in those countries.  You don't see own goals of this magnitude by allegedly responsible and ethical companies every day.

Nokia's Australian, Canadian and Israeli customers aren't stupid and know when they not wanted.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

vinophilius.
Already a backlash in Australia over this and it wouldnt surprise me if this escalates into Legalities.. Carriers have been contacted and some are wanting to pass on the update but still waiting for Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Hi Paul,

I can understand why people are angry. They feel that they've been dudded and Nokia's silence and lack of transparency as to why indicates that there's no good reason, or perhaps no reason at all.

Reading the various posts by Nokia employees, the decision in relation to Australia, Canada and Israel has nothing to do with the telcos. Rather it's a decision by Nokia's national managements in those countries. For "technical reasons" then, read: "it's too much bother".

Quite clearly, it hasn't been thought through by those managements.

Nokia purports to read these posts and act on them. Let's see if they're as good as their word. Given that Nokia Australia, Canada and Israel appear to have no good reason, or any reason at all for that matter, I'd be interested in what Nokia has to say. Its continued silence will say it all: Nokia just doesn't want customers in Australia, Canada or Israel. Simple as that, no ifs or buts. Get lost, we don't want your business. People in those counties will get the message, loud and clear!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
setsuna15

now i know the answer why 500 will release later.

1. Compare to other s^3/anna phones, 500 just announce together with belle. Means anna phone like e7, x7 and e6 released 1st and have more time testing belle os than 500.

2. 500 doesn't have gpu compare to s^3/annz phone. Because, compare to them, has 680mhz cpu and added, it's slow but more smoother graphics unlike the 500, has 1 ghz but no gpu,
means even updated to belle, it might have a little smooth graphics

3. Last but not the least, since belle was announce last august, 500 was not included on the list for belle because, it's not compatable, even 500 is a S.anna. OR, even if they testing the 500 for belle, it might announce sooner or later that 500 is truelly not compatible for belle. (if that happens, either i still use the 500 or swap to asha 303. I know nokia will never do that...)

so, currently, my 500 works fine a litle bit after updating to 11.033.

1. Browser is improved
2. No auto restart, but sometimes yes, it restart. But it doesn't bother like 5800 before

so there are my opinion bout why 500 release for belle late.

and one thing, even 500 will release belle later next week, im stil happy that 500 is included on the list for belle update......

Nokia user since 2004.
Owned 3310, 1100, 3300, 6600, 6300, 5310, 5130, N79, 5800.
Owns: 6230 (still alive) and 500....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaan786

i updated my device n8 to symbian belle successfully but the problem now is that my photos and other data in E.mass memory not show now in E.mass memory ..yet the memory status show that there is data in the E.mass memory but when i open the E.mass memory it only shows the pictures coming with symbian belle...then where are my photos ....;plz help me if any one of u know how to find out my data...

Please use plain text.