Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for ...

hormazdmistry

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

Hi,

Thankx for your detailed reply.....now my question is answered. But just one more doubt. Does this mean that now for all future software updates i have to go to nokia care with my swap N8 (059B656) or atleast that i will get thru nokia suite?
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

hormazdmistry wrote:
Hi,

Thankx for your detailed reply.....now my question is answered. But just one more doubt. Does this mean that now for all future software updates i have to go to nokia care with my swap N8 (059B656) or atleast that i will get thru nokia suite?

If you go in and ask nokia care, they maybe able to assign a local product code for you. Just ask them, If they can it will mean that you will be able to use nokia suite in future. If however they are unable to for any reason, then unfortunately you will always have to go in and see the people at nokia care.

Please use plain text.
hormazdmistry

Thnx for your reply....but if Nokia Care is not able to change my local code then do i have to go to them for all future software updates, enhancements, service pack updates, etc? If yes, then its really ridiculous. Cause the mother board of my phone was changed as the original one was faulty. And that is no fault of mine. Nokia should really look into this and atleast allow minor updates for swap phones via Nokia Suite. Moreover right now my phone is under warranty. Once the warranty gets over Nokia Care is going to charge me for each update while others would get it for free via Nokia Suite.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

The problem will always be that the motherboard in the phone is still a spare replacement part, and unless the NCC team can update your product code for you, then you will always have to go to NCC to have updates.

Unfortuately the replacements boards can end up anywhere in the world all with the one product code. So someone in australia could technically have one and another person in the USA and someone in italy, all the same board but all requiring different versions of the update, so if they put it on nokia suite then all country would get it, and whilst the update might work it also may not be fully working, except for the counrty that version was intended for.

If you have to go back to NCC in the future to get further updates after the warranty expires, the mandatory ones would normally be free, eg ones that fix a critical error of some sort.

So when you do go there this time make sure you ask them to change your product code to a local one.

Please use plain text.
Employee
J_Lo_

Hi Everyone,

Here is the official news on Belle for Australia for anyone who has not already seen this on the threads specifically about Australia.

We will begin a phased roll-out of Nokia Belle in the coming weeks, starting with the Nokia C6/C7/E6/N8 and then the Nokia X7 and E7. Please be aware that timings will vary depending on your operator.

Thanks

Jonathan from Nokia Care, Australia
Please use plain text.
kamran859

Ovi Suite Error code 12052

i tried to update my nokia n8 software to Belle, in phase 3 on 15% of installation phone restartsand then it gives me a message on the nokia suite that 'lost connection' and then the phone restarts when i close it, in the end it shows an 'error code 12052'  on nokia suit. 

i have no idea what to do, i tried to restart while the phone is connected to the laptop, i even dc the phone and restarted and again connected, and try to run the installation again, but still was not able to update belle on my phone.

The best part is that there is no way i can email nokia about this issue directly. there is no such way. so dont know what to do....

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Re: Ovi Suite Error code 12052

the second time you tried did you let it go thru or did you stop it when you got the disconnected message... you are not suppose to worry about the message that it has been disconnected.
The update will usually continue when you get this message, even if the phone has restarted. Try again, and ignore the disconnected message. See how you go.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
supaaa30na

Dear poetryyy , I had the same problem with my C7.
At first I updated my firmware with phone and then Inserted the SIM in it. Problem solved. try it!!!
Good luck
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
timh11

Nokia Belle... try downloading for N8 in australia

I have been a nokia user for years, however the update to belle is a joke, error code 12052, no matter what I do, it doesnt work.The update to anna made a slow phone work slower, thinking of introducing my N8 to a truck tyre or hammer, then trading it in on a tin can telephone... Starting to become a very disgruntled nokia customer. Currently with Vodafone Australia.

Please use plain text.
sun1000

[ Edited ]

hello everyone

at first sorry for my bad english

{i dont know that hear is a right place to say that so if it is wrong sorry}

iam trying to update my nokia n8 to belle and whene i use nokia suit to update  it begin download but whene 10mb is left , it stop and dont move any more [no error msg or nothing else]

pleace answer me

Moderaotrs notes: Personal email removed.

M.N.Sun100
Please use plain text.
Galaktus

already upgrade my nokia E6 from anna to belle but there is no "D-pad navigation on home screens" on belle.... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srp123

@jraduga

I am also one of the unlucky person who has SWAP motherboard with product key (059B656) in N8 device. 

Belle update is not available for my device even though it is available in India. I understand the reason you explained for not having updates for SWAP motherboards through Nokia suit. Thanks for detailed explanation. 

Is there any Nokia policy which will force Nokia Care centers to freely update N8 devices with SWAP motherboard ? If not will Nokia care change product code (059B656) to local product code free of charge(I am not looking for “may be” kind of answers. Please let me know if there is any policy. I do not want to update my cell on the mercy of Nokia Care operator.)?  Like everybody else my N8's motherboard was replaced by Nokia Care in warranty period as original motherboard was faulty. It is not at all end user's issue. Now my cell is not under warranty and i don’t see any reason to pay money from my pocket just because Nokia is not able to handle its own solutions(SWAP motherboards).  

Sorry for my blunt query's but i cannot help , Nokia's strategy for SWAP motherboard is really unprofessional. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi srp123,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

If your device has a SWAP product code it should be updated by a Nokia Care Point to the latest available software update for your device. By doing this the product code should also be changed to the code which is suitable for your device. A Nokia Care Point should do this free of charge. I would suggest you contact a Nokia Care Point to have this done. Please keep us informed of your progress on this.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srp123

@Kosh

Thanks for quick responce. I will kepp you posted.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
macrovijay

I Found Something With New Music Player In Nokia Belle Refresh 111.040.1511. The Title's Of The Music Player's Tabs Are Not In English. Is Any Way To Change That Into English? Or We Want To Wait For Another Update? Please Refer The Attachment. Any Body Have Solutions Please Send As A reply As Soon As Possible...

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Nokia E6-00 111.140.00​58 (Nokia Belle Refresh) firmware release.

Just now got Nokia Belle Refresh for Nokia E6-00  :squint:

• Qt 4.8, Qt Mobility API 1.2, Qt Quick Components 1.1, Qt Webkit 4.8.1
  • Bring web services to your home screen, and use them also offline with the new HTML5 browser
  • Personalize your phone further with new widgets for various apps and services
  • Get corrections, such as better support for Flash videos (.flv) and a time zone correction in Russia
  • A new version of Nokia Maps (version 3.09), with new features, such as photos on the map, info on       interesting places nearby, multi-point routes, and public transport info
  • Be more productive with Microsoft Apps
  • Enjoy the refreshed Music player
  • Number of general performance and usability improvements
Please use plain text.
DLBB

@Kosh

I noted your reply to srp123 regarding N8 SWAP motherboard and that Nokia Care can do the Belle update free of charge.

I am from Hong Kong and my Nokia N8 is also with a SWAP motherboard with product key 059B656.  I got this as the original was replaced by Nokia Care in warranty period.

However when I contacted Nokia Care Hong Kong, they refused to update for me free of charge.

Is there a way for you or Nokia HQ to inform them about this policy?

Many thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Please contact Nokia Care Line by phone, mail or chat (where available) for further assistance on this. Ask to be forwarded to Nokia Care Management if required. They should be able to contact the Nokia Care Point in question to arrange this. You will find the contact information under the 'Contact us' section in this link.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
DLBB

Thanks Kosh.  I contacted them via the live chat and they said someone will come back to me.

Will update the progress.

Please use plain text.
DLBB

Happy to report that Nokia Hong Kong has arranged Belle update for me free of charge.

Please use plain text.