Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for ...

Professor
jraduga

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

It was my understanding that, our comsumer protection laws in this country stated that a manufacturer must still supply service and maintenance and upgrades for at least the period of warranty/guarantee. I know the E7 hasnt even been released in Australia for a full 12 months yet. I have 2 of them.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Something else i was thinking about. Many people have mentioned that it looks and acts like andriod. Maybe Nokia are scared of being sued by samsung. Dunno i might be way off base. But you know its hard to know whats going on when Nobody else will explain anything to us.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Yes, Paul, I think that the way to go is to find out which form handled the "My Nokia" case and approach them to see if they're interested in another tilt at the windmill. And thank you jraduga for confirming that it isn't the telcos who are the problem here, it's Nokia Australia's marketing department! They've made a commercial decision and cite unspecified "technical constraints" which apparently exist no where else apart from Canada and Israel and, further, don't affect visitors from overseas.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gfwong

Product Code: 059B288

Malaysia

Having to endure a motherboard change on a new phone was already quite a bad experience (I had mine change 3 times within the first 2 month of purchased in Jan 2011). It is very saddening to know that we can't enjoy the hassle free update via Nokia Suite because we had our motherboard changed (which was not our mistake). Yes, I was told that the only way to update is to bring my phone to a Nokia Care Centre. That is not only troublesome (travel time, waiting time, etc) but they will wipe the data on the phone clean during the update. I faced the same problem when updating to Anna.

I really like my N8 and I am proud that I own a king of camera phone. I hope Nokia will seriously look into solving this problem. If not, Nokia is simply punishing their customer for being unlucky to get a defective first batch phone.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

vinophilius
It appears that our Recourse is to contact the ACMA..They are the ones that fined Nokia recently.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amados602

product code 059B661 still not available for my c7

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
strawhousepig

skyee wrote:

And one more:

Q: Can I use my phone’s cellular network to update?

A: You need a internet connection via PC for the update via Nokia Suite. You can not use your phone as a modem, as it will reboot during the update process. If you don’t own a PC, please check with your local Nokia Carepoint (locations available via www.nokia.com/support) to get the update.

What about via wireless ethernet (AKA wi-fi)?

Also, as a Mac user in the US I must ask you to come up with a much more direct link to where a Nokia Carepoint can be found.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
OriginalLucy

Well, this is unfortunate to find out that patiently waiting for the upgrade to end all upgrades won't be coming to Canada. I know we are not important to Nokia, but, my decision to upgrade my handset has now changed. :smileysad: I was hoping to get another year out of this and then maybe go for the Nokia windows handset next. (anything but apple or droid for me). Now, I am thinking to return to the Blackberry fold and support our Canadian tech company. I do love the Nokia product, though. No love for Canada, no love for Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rar63a

Fair Dinkum Nokia!!! What the hell? No update of Belle for Australia. Not even an explanation!! My N8 is a "vanilla", surely it can be updated?  Never owned anything but Nokia since the 5110. I've been loyal to nokia, I don't feel like Nokia is being loyal to me. -- Not even an explanation!!

Come on Nokia!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Thank you for that, Paul. I shall look into it. Nokia has shown it's Australian customers no loyalty, so why should those customers be loyal to Nokia? I see the Canadians feel much the same!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
OriginalLucy

I bet it's available through the service that we are not allowed to mention. the one that starts with N and ends with firm. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mat33n

I am not happy i was waiting for Belle! this is not ok Nokia... i have only had nokia phones (no matter how bad the have been) like the fail n97 or 5800!

whats more annoying is how long Australia had to wait for the Anna update and now no belle at all!! ...

The funny thing is that i posted a comment on the nokla australia Fb page... saying i wasnt happy and u have lost a loyal customer... and they deleted it streight away! LOL :smileysad: :smileymad:

As much as I hate apple.. might actually go get one now at least they dont treat their customers like **bleep** or even a anroid!

BYE BYE nokia

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

OriginalLucy
Not for Australia it isnt,
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
OriginalLucy

Paul_Grenfell, I just checked and I would have to get a US variant, which I did for Anna. I was hoping it would have changed my product code when I did that, but, it didn't and now I cannot get Belle. Oh well, Blackberry is an excellent quality product and now I can give them a go. It was hard to change from the NOkia line, as I have always been partial to the handsets and high quality of their flagship models.

Paul_Grenfell wrote:
OriginalLucy
Not for Australia it isnt,

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rar63a

So Nokia are blaming the carriers for not releasing Belle in Australia! What, all of the carriers said no? Seems a bit dodgy to me.

A real honest reason with a bit of detail please Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Paul,

An update. I don't think ACMA can be much help but the Office of Fair Trading might. Nokia Australia has pulled off a real coup here; terminally alienating legions of once loyal customers and driving their custom elsewhere. Nokia can stick its head in the sand and delete people's comments on Facebook and elsewhere but its decision to abandon its Australian customers is a stroke of inverse genius and pure gold for its competitors. On its grave will be writ large: "Didn't support its products or its customers."
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

[ Edited ]

vinophilius,
Start here?
http://www.acma.gov.au/interforms/csg_Enquiry.asp

OFT is only NSW

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Paul,

ACMA had jurisdiction in the "My Nokia" matter because of emails and text messages dressed up as "tips" were, in fact, unsolicited advertising and there was no mechanism to turn them off. This situation is different. It's about marketing a product under an essentially false claim that it would be supported by the manufacturer. Try http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/icms-public/complaint/registration/newComplaint.sjsp?complaintType... or the equivalent in your State or Territory.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
cheng6589

omg...just because i sent my N8 for warranty last time and now i have to pay for the update? This is so ridiculous...I'm craving for nokia Belle....nokia..please do something..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rar63a

What do you mean "pay for the update? What are you talking about? Do some research!!
Please use plain text.