Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for ...

sgiri

Re: Nokia Belle roll-out has started - check here for all details...

Yes, Belle update is really looking nice. Better looking symbian OS till date.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
WOTH

Hi,

I have a blue, non swap UK E7, bought from NOKIA online - when Nokia were still selling phones direct.   The code is 059H316.  I believe the phone is unbranded and not locked to a network.  Can a Nokia employee give some indication of when Belle will be available.  I have checked with the availability checker, but this phone is not listed.

Many thanks,

Warren....

Please use plain text.
cushman

Hello, my phone is showing i have the update and my product code appears to have the belle update as well. But when i tried connecting to my pc suite to update, it says the server cannot be reached. I have disabled all firewalls and did everything i could but the update doesnt appear on my nokia pc suite. Pls help.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
c7top

@cushman :
 re installing the nokia suite may solv your problem . and before re installing make sure that you have successfully

uninstalled all the files have  been deleted. Then reinstall the suite 

Please use plain text.
cushman

c7top, i have tried that. It didn't work
Please use plain text.
Advisor
thomasgray123

i take it e7 with product code  059h316 UK phone uk network brought from nokia direct will be missed out again!!!!!!!! had to wait ages for the anna update where this product code was forgotten about!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
daddoscorpion84

Nokia E7-00 Wind will be available as upgrade Symbian Belle?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kimimaro

My N8 with product code :

059B656

cannot get an upgrade!!! The website says swap and after I bought it I never even swap my N8 hardware before!!! I demand to look into this as my local Nokia Care in Kota Kinabalu is not helpful and I rather upgrade belle myself

Please use plain text.
mansuuur

waiting for belle update to my c6-01 with product code 059f770 (NIGERIA)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shredd1507

Still waiting for Virgin UK rollout (059D1M2). What a yawn fest this has been! Why tell everyone that the update is available, when really it's not available to EVERYONE?! Bad Customer Service Nokia.

My product code is still "waiting for approval"....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
udencomel

is there any solid solution for the connectivity problem for WiFI connection yet? i cant connect my N8 to my home wifi after updating into NOKIA Belle. before this running on Symbian Anna i have no problems what so ever.

i hope nokia will solve this problem quickly as i saw on other thread disscussions that many others face simmilar problems as me.. Please....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jcmazss

I have talked with Rogers Wireless in Canada and they say that it is Nokia's responsibility to release Symbian Belle. I was wondering if the Company has attempted to talk to Rogers about the release of Symbian Belle for Rogers phones?

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

quick update here and just a hint if you have problems with the Belle update to check our Belle FAQ page, as we just put a lot of new FAQs online. Including one of the questions that was raised here in the thread on "no space on E-drive or W-drive"...

Q: When I try to update to Nokia Belle with Nokia Suite, I get an error message that there is not enough space on my C:// or E:// drive?

A: An error message about space in C: or E:-drive means that your C:-drive (i.e your Phone Memory) or your E:-drive (ie. your phone’s mass memory) is too full to do a  complete backup. The most likely reason for this is that you are trying to do the backup on your phone itself and not use Nokia Suite for this. Please use Nokia Suite to back up your phone’s contents as this can be done successfully even when the phone memory is fully utilized.

Q: When I try to update to Nokia Belle with Nokia Suite, I get an error message that there is not enough space on my W:// drive?

A: An error message about your W:-drive indicates that there’s not enough space left on your PC drive that Nokia Suite tries to load the update files to. Please free up space the drive mentioned.

Wifi problems have also been solved, please check the FAQ page for the details.

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-faq

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Subash_Patel

[ Edited ]

Nokia guys, do you know why you people are failure now? You make life of customers hell. If you dont know how to deliver an update, dont do it at all. I would have not attempted to update to Belle, if my device never bothered to tell me that. Now my phone is bricked due to idiot engineers at Nokia. Have you sorted all issues while updating before informing customers? Totally Nokia is non-sense now.

check this -> /t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-update-failure-phone-now-bricked/m-p/1316095

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mahi198488

for Product Code 059F515 Nokia C7

When I will get Symbian Belle
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shredd1507

Still waiting... How long does it take to approve (Virgin UK)?? Kind of a joke that you have to wait so long for an update!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dog8myscreenie

@Shredd1507 I'm on O2, and like you still haven't seen or heard any sign of an upgrade. Unfortunately though, this isn't down to Nokia, it's down to the carrier to approve the software for it's network... but it's been at status "waiting for approval" for about a week now :catsad:
You're only jealous because the voices in my head won't talk to you.

Currently using: N8-00: Symbian Belle
Previously owned: 5110, 3330, 6310i, 6822, N91, N73, N95, N82, N97, X6
Please use plain text.
barabasya

Hi,

Nokia 500 059G7C8 is listed as available, but Nokia Suite doesn't find any updates. Please investigate.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akyn

want anna back

Hiii.........

Unlucky i upgraded to belle but I think it downgraded d value of my N8 ,,,,

I wann to have anna back....plz plz  get it back/...

Nokia ,,,ppl are upgrading things why r u downgrading the things......

skyee wrote:

Hi all,

good news to share! We are very happy to announce that Nokia Belle is now available for download for Nokia N8, Nokia E7, Nokia E6, Nokia X7, Nokia C6-01, Nokia C7 and Nokia Oro in the majority of our markets, for example: India, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Poland, UK, Germany, Italy, Vietnam and Indonesia. For Nokia 500, Nokia Belle will be made available within the next few weeks.

You can find,

- an overview about what Nokia Belle is all about via http://europe.nokia.com/nokia-belle-update

- the availability of Nokia Belle for your country via http://europe.nokia.com/nokia-belle-update-availability

- and all the latest FAQs via http://europe.nokia.com/nokia-belle-update-faq

Also check our story with more details about Nokia Belle in Nokia Conversations.

To update your phone, you'll need to connect it to a PC via a USB cable and then start Nokia Suite (make sure you have the latest version 3.3.86 installed) – as Nokia Belle is a major upgrade, it is not possible to update over the air / OTA and the update also won’t be available in Nokia Software Updater. For a step-by-step guide,  you can check the Nokia support pages and we have also done a video that tells you everything you need to know. Please note that the update to Nokia Belle removes your apps & music licenses, but you can re-download compatible apps easily via Nokia Store and your music licenses can be restored by playing the respective track. (We’ve done more detailed explanations in the FAQ pages, so check here for more infos.)

If you get a notification on your phone that the Nokia Belle update is available for you and it doesn’t show in Nokia Suite, please make sure that you have the latest Nokia Suite version 3.3.86 installed and then use the refresh button there.

pS: And last but not least, I also want to use the opportunity to introduce Suvi aka Kerttu, who will keep you up to date with news about software updates in the future. Welcome to the Forum, Suvi!

BR,

yvonne

skyee wrote:

Hi all,

good news to share! We are very happy to announce that Nokia Belle is now available for download for Nokia N8, Nokia E7, Nokia E6, Nokia X7, Nokia C6-01, Nokia C7 and Nokia Oro in the majority of our markets, for example: India, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Poland, UK, Germany, Italy, Vietnam and Indonesia. For Nokia 500, Nokia Belle will be made available within the next few weeks.

You can find,

- an overview about what Nokia Belle is all about via http://europe.nokia.com/nokia-belle-update

- the availability of Nokia Belle for your country via http://europe.nokia.com/nokia-belle-update-availability

- and all the latest FAQs via http://europe.nokia.com/nokia-belle-update-faq

Also check our story with more details about Nokia Belle in Nokia Conversations.

To update your phone, you'll need to connect it to a PC via a USB cable and then start Nokia Suite (make sure you have the latest version 3.3.86 installed) – as Nokia Belle is a major upgrade, it is not possible to update over the air / OTA and the update also won’t be available in Nokia Software Updater. For a step-by-step guide,  you can check the Nokia support pages and we have also done a video that tells you everything you need to know. Please note that the update to Nokia Belle removes your apps & music licenses, but you can re-download compatible apps easily via Nokia Store and your music licenses can be restored by playing the respective track. (We’ve done more detailed explanations in the FAQ pages, so check here for more infos.)

If you get a notification on your phone that the Nokia Belle update is available for you and it doesn’t show in Nokia Suite, please make sure that you have the latest Nokia Suite version 3.3.86 installed and then use the refresh button there.

pS: And last but not least, I also want to use the opportunity to introduce Suvi aka Kerttu, who will keep you up to date with news about software updates in the future. Welcome to the Forum, Suvi!

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

@mahi198488 & Shred1507

You can add Orange UK to that list too. Its a pitty that the only reason we are waiting is because of all the rubbish the networks want to put on the phone. Had we gone to the likes of carphone warehouse we would have had the update. I for one won't be going direct through a network for my next phone
Please use plain text.