Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Belle software update from Feb 8th..!!!!!!

Counsellor
ivarh

Nokia Belle software update from Feb 8th..!!!!!!

Nokia belle to roll out from Feb 8th.........Check the screen shot of Nokia site Vietnam......Hopefully that settles the matter.........approx 10 days to wait.

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Re: Nokia Belle software update from Feb 8th..!!!!!!

The Update will be Released through Nokia OVI suit only. No OTA

Last Time anna release had lot of issued with OTA Release. Installation Failure and other bugs.

Long wait is over 10 Days to Go.........:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

I can count equally successful updates via OTA. And you cant say all Nokia suite updates were successful. Dont blame OTA update for Anna installation failures.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

this is great news
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
n8paul

Does indeed say this but ONLY on the vietnamese  page http://www.nokia.com.vn/belle/sw 

so this could 1.  Only apply to that region   or 2. be a mistake or translation error

Dont get me wrong i hope its true they said Feb  

Bored of waiting to be honist can't wait for my contract to be up and go buy a Samsung who are moving forward about 100 time faster than Nokia.   Nokia are just too slow to keep up.   The windows phones are ok but still lack camera as good as N8 and no flash.   These delays in software releases is just killing them  not sure they have heard of TIME TO MARKET  many of us were telling Nokia their errors 4 years ago but they didn't listen they still dont listen.

They make too many phones instead of getting one perfect, they are too slow to update, They are too tied in to networks who insist on putting their wast of time branding on everything.

Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

even if it is just that region its still good news. belle is starting to roll out on that date so least we have a date
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ivarh

Fingers crossed till we actually get it....!!!!!!!!  

Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

yeah well said ivarh
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Lets just hope they don't put out another advertisement stating that the first one was a mistake... It happened once via their twitter account... So just hoping its not a repeat...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hemant_24

Guys,

Just need a small info. my N8 has only 86MB left in phone memory, so do i need to do a soft reset or hard reset while upgrading it to official Belle. Please suggest.

Many Thanks,

Hemant Unune

Proud owner of Nokia N8 with Nokia Belle.
Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vjnaik59

As you see, phone memory is just the media storage memory. Whereas firmware wil be flashed and upgraded into the ROM memory which is untouched by user for media storage. So you shouldn't have any problems upgradin your N8
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vjnaik59

Uninstall of all the apps manually from the phone would be safe option i feel. Bcz hard reset ll also erase your anna update 1/2 and 2/2. So further confusion could be, whether to update anna 1/1 and 2/2 first or directly to belle.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ivarh

Belle can be updated directly from symbian^3.........so no need to update to anna again after resetting the phone

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hemant_24

Thanks a lot guys.... :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Hemant Unune

Proud owner of Nokia N8 with Nokia Belle.
Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ivarh

Now this is absolute rubbish...........Nokia just removed the nokia belle date feb 8th page on Nokia Vietnam website........!!! so, hold on Guys.....!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

As expected... Nothing new there.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
setsuna15

question. why the nokia 500 didn't included again for the belle update?.... plz reply asap

Nokia user since 2004.
Owned 3310, 1100, 3300, 6600, 6300, 5310, 5130, N79, 5800.
Owns: 6230 (still alive) and 500....
Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

what a joke. yet again nokia messing around. no wonder they are losing custom. im going next at this rate. can someone from nokia, a mod or anyone comment here! we have the right to know whats going on.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ivarh

So the long wait continues..............may be till March...!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Why would a specific date be announced on a legitimate Nokia website unless it was TRUE? Maybe whoever administrates the Nokia Vietnam site released information they were not supposed to release?

I'll be keeping a lookout on the 8th anyways.
Please use plain text.