Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Belle software update from Feb 8th..!!!!!!

Counsellor
ivarh

Re: Nokia Belle software update from Feb 8th..!!!!!!

Ofcourse Officially Nokia twitter also did announce about nokia belle update, then again later announced it as a mistake.......!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kishanpanda

Will the update for nokia C6-01 will be availabe here in India...as of symbian belle

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ivarh

Yes it will be available in february......!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ivarh

Also it might be a case of  updating the page since the E7 is mentioned twice in that page...........So look on for next few days.......!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

May I ask what people are getting excited about? I've used Belle on a 700 and was amazed by the same laggy slowness that features on Anna devices. Is it the Andoidesque UI that excites people the most? I can't think of any other reason for people wanting to upgrade to Belle.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Don't be patronizing. I fully understand what I'll be getting with Belle. I'm not expecting anything but a few minor improvements and for a chance to further appreciate what my phone still has left to offer.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Patronising? Me? I wouldn't dream of it. :smileywink:

It was a legitimate question I asked. Just trying to ascertain why people are so keen to upgrade, for my own curiosity.

Cheers.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing any refinements to a phone which I'm already perfectly happy with. The drop down menu thingy looks like it might be a handy. Could do with more homescreens, so I'm looking forward to that. Resizeable widgets to make better use of a rather small screen area. ermmm.. that's all really. Oh, I also want to know how the music player sorts artist/album etc so I can finally sort out the mess since the release of Anna without knowing I might potentially have to do it all over again with the release of Belle.
Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

i've checked with one of Nokia employee in the middle east, and he confirmed that they have received information that the update will be on 8 FEB. at least for our area.

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Lets just hope that we do get it on the 8th. But if it does not arrive on the said date, this time I'm prepared to take it. Got used to this game of hide and seek...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
setsuna15

[ Edited ]

they must include the belle update for my 500. im waiting for this update since october. this time, they must include 500. bcoz it's also symbian anna. not S60 5th ed

Nokia user since 2004.
Owned 3310, 1100, 3300, 6600, 6300, 5310, 5130, N79, 5800.
Owns: 6230 (still alive) and 500....
Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

the link to the Vietnam Page is no longer available ! 

so i think it was a mistake !! 

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Lamotti

Was lookig forward to this new Belle update, but was tired of waiting so long, Anna was decent, nothing special, still same old clunky Symbian and I'm not sure how much they can change it. I've moved on now, using the iPhone 4, best decision I ever made, cost a lot more...yes but its worth it when you realise just how much superior iOS is to Symbian.

The big mistake Nokia made when they moved to smart phone market was the software, thay went phone first computer second, Apple did the opposite and boy did it pay off. Nokia...well not so much.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

bumblebirra wrote:
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing any refinements to a phone which I'm already perfectly happy with. The drop down menu thingy looks like it might be a handy. Could do with more homescreens, so I'm looking forward to that. Resizeable widgets to make better use of a rather small screen area. ermmm.. that's all really. Oh, I also want to know how the music player sorts artist/album etc so I can finally sort out the mess since the release of Anna without knowing I might potentially have to do it all over again with the release of Belle.

That's fair enough. Having more home screens and a larger catalogue of widgets is something worthwhile. The "drop down menu thingy" or Notification Panel can be useful I agree, which is something I use quite frequently on my SGS.  I'm not too bothered with the music player though as I don't really use it.

If this update turns out to be any good I might install it on my N8 and use it as my main phone. 

Cheers.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Lamotti wrote:
Was lookig forward to this new Belle update, but was tired of waiting so long, Anna was decent, nothing special, still same old clunky Symbian and I'm not sure how much they can change it. I've moved on now, using the iPhone 4, best decision I ever made, cost a lot more...yes but its worth it when you realise just how much superior iOS is to Symbian.

The big mistake Nokia made when they moved to smart phone market was the software, thay went phone first computer second, Apple did the opposite and boy did it pay off. Nokia...well not so much.

LOL. iOS far superior to Symbian? That's subjective to say the least. You are correct about the iPhone being expensive, but it's definitely not "worth" it. They are overpriced in the extreme just like all Apple products.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

ivarh wrote:

Also it might be a case of  updating the page since the E7 is mentioned twice in that page...........So look on for next few days.......!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez thats only because the E7 is twice as good as anything else. LOL..(just to lighten up this thread a little)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ivarh

Nokia twitter confirms that rollout begins from Feb 8th.............!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Lamotti wrote:

Not sure how long you think you have been waiting for, as Anna was only released in july august last year. Its not even been a year yet, which is something you will have to get used to with the Iphone thats for sure. Not really sure why you buy an iphone 4 instead of a 4s when you consider the 4 is already is almost 2 years old now.

Even with IOS 5 on the iphone, it still cant do as much as say an N8 or E7 can. And yet you would have paid possible more for it. Not to mention that fact that you are tied in to apple for everything now.

Oh well best of luck with it, you will need it judging by the high rate of failure i have seen with them. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Lamotti

rayhipkiss wrote:

LOL. iOS far superior to Symbian? That's subjective to say the least. You are correct about the iPhone being expensive, but it's definitely not "worth" it. They are overpriced in the extreme just like all Apple products.

Ray. 

iOS as a smartphone platform is much better then Symbian, as is Android, don't know much about Windows so can't judge. There is a reason why all the other major phone manufacturers dropped Symbian. It wasn't good enough to be a competative operating system for touch screen/smartphones phones. Only now has it become half decent on smartphones, but in that time, Android and iOS have moved up 10 times faster, still not good enough. There may have been things borrowed from Symbian, by Android and iOS like multi-tasking and such, but they took the idea and made it better, still questionable on the iOS, but its there.

Yes iOS is very limited when it comes to customisation and stuff, but still the operating system is smooth, and very simple to use. Typing messages is so easy, browser is great and very fast unlike Symbians. Don't get me wrong, Symbian isn't all that bad, I miss the ability to customise the phone the way I wan't it, but it's just not that good for touch screen phones, especially when you use an Android or iOS you realise just how far back Symbian is.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
uponthesky

really? I thought they said in Feb only
Please use plain text.