Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Belle update issue

Contributor
psin9692

Nokia Belle update issue

I own a C6-01 and have tried updating to Nokia Belle through Nokia Suite (ver3.3.86). I get an error that the update service is currently unavailable, at a point when my phone's product code is listed among the ones that have already got the update. It might have been a one-time error, so I tried refreshing the updates again; I get the same message every time. Please help me out with this.

P.S- the message about the available applications is regarding a Symbian Anna update for MS Comunicator and Internet Radio.

(Country- India)

Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: Nokia Belle update issue

Hi psin9692, do you have some firewall in use? Have you allowed traffic from Nokia Suite through the firewall?

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Contributor
psin9692

Hi Samuli! Yes, I have allowed Nokia Suite in my firewall settings. To try an alternative way, I turned off my firewall for a while, re-started Nokia Suite and refreshed the updates. The same problem persists.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
teko5

Same problem here,  After the update reached about 188MB the same messege appeared 

maybe anyone will say just wait, but actually i did try in different times but it's always the same messege, do i have just to wait or it's another problem??

my product code 0599396 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
teko5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
psin9692

Tried a trick and it seems to have worked. I connected my computer to the internet via my phone's GPRS and refreshed the updates. Bingo! The update's in front of my eyes. Downloading it right now. Will keep this post updated.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Thanks psin9692, great that this worked now.

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Contributor
psin9692

The download went through and I am using Nokia Belle now! This thing is so good!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
psin9692

Hi teko5. I think it might have been a problem of a network time-out. Try downloading the update again. (Nokia Suite seems to store the already-downloaded portion in memory, so you don't have to download the update all over again)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
teko5

I'm glad to know that it finally worked with you psin9692, but for me am confused after reading hundreds of posts about people who updated to belle how they're totally disappointed and facing a lot of problems, so i don't know what's better "even though am not sure when i try again it will work" i think your opinion about the update and your device current condition will be helpful.

Please use plain text.
svvinayaka

I am trying to upgrade to bella through the ovi suite on my pc for my E7-00, the upgrade has stopped at "checking for necessary updates for your mobile apps" for the last four hours.what should i do now and how should i proceed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

It seems to a a problem with either the server or with the internet connection. When I first connected my phone for belle update, it showed nearly four hours as the estimated time to download the update. This happene a few times as every time I connected, it showed fours hours left. And yes, Nokia suite does store the downloaded update in memory. It continues download from where it stopped. But when I tried again on the 12th of Feb, the same update took just twenty minutes to download and within half an hour my phone was running on belle.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
svvinayaka

the upgrade took a very long time but finally it completed i just frightened if it would complete or not. now i am using bella, thanks for responding.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

You're Welcome...
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Advisor
teko5

It's not about being able to update to belle my friends this's just the begining, maybe because it's the first time to nokia to make an update available to the world at the same time so we have got to suffer to feel real happiness when you success in updating your phone, it's about what you can see easily from users responses here it's not 1 or 2 problems it exceeds to be 10 and that's what am talking about here.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
teko5

And the common solution for the update is just to reinstall and avoid the hard reset

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I'd rather recommend the factory reset before starting the update. I for one never wanted to do it all these days. But since belle was0a major update, I thought why not. Did a factory reset with deletion data before updating. Them connected my phone to Nokia suite and update was over is fifteen minutes. The phone hasn't had any wifi or gprs problems as reported many and battery life is just about the same or rather improved. I'm a heavy user and with Anna my battery lasted just above one day with power saving on all the time. With belle I got a full day's juice without power saving on even for a short while. Its still too early to comment on battery life but the point I'm trying to make is a hard reset before the update will avoid most of the problems faced after the update. And while restoring back up do not restore the phone settings as this may restore any problems in your phone into the new firmware. All the best for those yet to update and cheers!
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

I agree with you blitzkid,

I did that when Anna's and worked just fine.

Happily for me, and hope for others too, this time was not necessary. I did the update without hard reset, mainly because of a little laziness (I didn't wanted to reconfigure my N8 all over again) and worked all good.

There were some little bugs but they've disappeared with the use.

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.