Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle upgrade on N8 - Security Code erro...

Registered Member
xladyzstarx

Re: Nokia Belle upgrade on N8 - Security Code error

[ Edited ]

Nokia techs. I think this requires a possible FOTA update or similar patch. For some of us, NONE of the ideas posted there works. The F secure code does not work and obviously the default code has been disabled. 

This requires a patch to clear off the issue so that we can reset the code again. 

Please do something about it. Some of us need to lock our phones. those who don't when the phone restarts (Which it does sometimes) have to face the inconvenience of typing all kinds of combinations we can rembmer, which does not work. 

We cannot subject ourselves to the limitations of a system when a system can be troubleshoot/improved through R&D and in this case a darn simple patch.

I think all users who have upgraded will be thankful for a patch that will remove such instances.

I'm also the user of a Nokia 700 and belle has been wonderful so far. Our experience should not be marred because of a simple patch error.

Please do the necessary. For the good of users worldwide.

-----

A Singapore N8 user. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

0105545619_0 wrote:

salamo aleko (peace to all of u)

I have da same problem while updating ma N8 after all the update process it keeps asking about security code

i have entered more than 10 wrong codes but i  have remembered my ollllllllld key lock and thx god it works now really i felt that ma life is back wish u all remember the olllllllllllllld code as i told u it works

may be peace be on you too:

we tried the old password which it is for me the default one " 12345 " and didn't work, 

I think your case is different.

Thanks for contributing any way.

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NBinah

I have posted that it needs to REcreate the phone security code even if it was not used. Recreate the security code using power button "Lock phone". Ignore messages like it will be locked in 5 min, etc. If it was not used, the phone will prompt to create the new one.

DO NOT confuse with F-Secure soft. I did not activate it and uninstalled, since it has 30 days trial only!!!

The phone has its own embedded security in the phone management and I use this one.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stephen17033

Still no good.I am sure some of the solutions work for some people but it is still a problem for most people.I have tried everthing,and i am sure i have never used a code before.if everything was ok,then by you putting the wrong code in you should not be able to use the phone but is still usable after putting wrong code in, so there must be a fault somwhere.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NBinah

stephen17033, if you recreate the security code, and confirm it, the embedded phone's security works as it is designed.

On my phone, I uninstalled F- Secure soft after figured out that it is trial version for 30 days and does not make any sense in security till you buy it.

Like you, I had never used any security code but after Belle upgrade, I use the phone's embedded security and it works normally and does not unlock if I enter something wrong.

You may like to use F-secure, then the device will not prompt to unlock.  Then all phone events will be "handled" by F-Secure tough. If so, register F-Secure, configure it and it will take care...

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

[ Edited ]

nbinah : can you please explain what do you mean with recreate the code.
When i press the power button, and lock the phone, it will ask for the security code and not a new security code, after 5 times it will give a warning, here i stop, for how many times you entered the code ? Were you having a different code than the default ? Were you entering the real code or any numbers ? Thanks.
NOKIA PLEASE HELP !......!!!!!!!!!!

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NBinah

I did tried for several times with the default 12345, Since I had not used any security codes before this upgrade, I just ignored all stupid warnings from my phone till it prompted to create the new one. I do not remember how many times, but I spent up two days for that upgrade to finally configure my phone...

I think, I followed skyee recomendation: /t5/Software-Updates/N8-security-code-error-after-updating-to-Belle/td-p/1296433/highlight/false

Hi all,

here's our security code FAQ.

Q: After the update to Nokia Belle, my phone asks me to enter new security code. I do this and get an error message stating “code error”. What should I do?

A: Please try again a few times. There are very rare cases in which the phone incorrectly asks for new a security code but does not accept the entered code. In that situation the problem vanishes by entering any code until the phone stops asking for it. After this, the code you had entered before the update works again normally.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ebenf

I suffered from this for 3 days, with frequent reboots, re-installs to no avail.

Tried the lock phone from power button - no solution.

The phone was still functional, as with most other people, just the irritating request for security key.

I have a dvb-h mobile headset. When tuning into stations/subscriptions, it requested a parental setting, but needed phone security key. Funny enough, when I entered my pin it excepted it as new security key.

This solved my issue.

I understand the frustration from all (posted a few myself).

Since there is no help from Nokia, it seems if you can trick you phone in requesting the key (apart from star-up) when the “5 minute forced lock” is not active, then you can work around it.

Good luck.

By the way, if you country has Mobile TV, it is worth while looking into it:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/headsets/wired-headsets/nokia-mobi...

We’ve been having it in South Africa via DSTV (only major cities though) and no data cost.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

ebenf wrote:

I suffered from this for 3 days, with frequent reboots, re-installs to no avail.

Tried the lock phone from power button - no solution.

The phone was still functional, as with most other people, just the irritating request for security key.

I have a dvb-h mobile headset. When tuning into stations/subscriptions, it requested a parental setting, but needed phone security key. Funny enough, when I entered my pin it excepted it as new security key.

This solved my issue.

I understand the frustration from all (posted a few myself).

Since there is no help from Nokia, it seems if you can trick you phone in requesting the key (apart from star-up) when the “5 minute forced lock” is not active, then you can work around it.

Good luck.

By the way, if you country has Mobile TV, it is worth while looking into it:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/headsets/wired-headsets/nokia-mobi...

We’ve been having it in South Africa via DSTV (only major cities though) and no data cost.

good for you, 

i don't have mobile TV in my country, any suggestions from experts ????

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nmains

I had same problem after updating my N8 to Bella and finally figured out the security code is the same as my vodafone password i use to access mail and online texting etc...Not sure if this helps but thought i'd share it anyway.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

we need a solution nokia !
Haikal
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stephen17033

just tried re-install belle.still no good.tried everthing.I know it is still usable but it ANOYING.it needs a fix nokia!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
johnjclew

I'd had this similar problem (on N8) like many of you are facing now, until 5 minutes ago. Now I've restarted my phone 3 times without the annoying prompt to ask for the Security code.

How I fixed it?

To put the story really simple: I tried a few possible numbers that I could have used as the Security code in the past and after a few trials one combination of numbers got it through (6 numbers). And then only I remember I DID use the 6 numbers as Security code but somehow later on I kind of 'deactivated' the Security code function back in Anna.

No wonder I don't remember I was using the Security code feature.

Who would have guessed after upgrading to Belle, the system would ask for the Security code I once used back in old time?

Since the phone will not REALLY lock itself we may as well keep trying (Think and exhaust all the possible combination of passwords you could have used in the past in Anna) until we get it.

Go into SETTINGS>PHONE>PHONE MANAGEMENT>SECURITY SETTINGS>PHONE AND SIM CARD>Security Code. We'll be prompted to enter the Security code; good luck to all of us in trying to remember any remotely possible numbers we could have used but later on have decided to deactivate the Security code.

Of course, this was my case.

And for those of you who really have no clues when you've set the Security code and what the numbers could be I can only wish you better luck.

I also see many people kind of regretted upgrading to Belle; some about the degradation in photos taken, some about not able to play flash movies (me too! Very upsetting), and of course, the Security code issue. I'm still browsing around to get some other issues fixed...

And to Nokia, is it possible to write a patch update to reset the Security code to 12345?

Good luck and thank you!

John

ps: Before that I've tried 'reinstall' in the Nokia suite, it didn't help the problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
matthew1892

i seem to be having the same problem but i've found a new one when i'm texting i can't see what i'm typing which is no good by now you would think that nokia would have got this update right seeing as they have pushed the release date back 3 times at least

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mazenqq

try to enter the password for your nokia account for the phone lock code it works with me and the massage dissappear

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokh

How on earth do you think is possible to enter letters instead of numbers? ('cause nokia account pw is alphanumeric, while security code is "only" numeric)

Nokia 2110 (bought the very original "brick" version back in 1995 :smileyhappy:), 6110 (1997), 6210, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6233, 5800, C7, HF-3, CK-20W, CK-300 (all bought new) - looks like a loyal Nokia customer, doesn't it? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

Press and hold # on the numeric keyboard to have an alphanumeric keyboard for the security code.

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokh

Thanks Hans!

I've tried that out, and doesn't work for me, i.e. does not accept the nokia account pw instead of the security code.

Nokia 2110 (bought the very original "brick" version back in 1995 :smileyhappy:), 6110 (1997), 6210, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6233, 5800, C7, HF-3, CK-20W, CK-300 (all bought new) - looks like a loyal Nokia customer, doesn't it? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mazenqq

JUST TRY TO CHANGE THE SECURITY CODE FROM PHONE SETTING AND WHEN HE ASKS FOR OLD SECURITY CODE ENTER YOUR NOKIA ACCOUNT NUMBER PASSWORD AND CHANGE THE CODE TO 12345 OR WHAT EVER YOU WANT. I HOPE IT WORKS

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

mazenqq wrote:

JUST TRY TO CHANGE THE SECURITY CODE FROM PHONE SETTING AND WHEN HE ASKS FOR OLD SECURITY CODE ENTER YOUR NOKIA ACCOUNT NUMBER PASSWORD AND CHANGE THE CODE TO 12345 OR WHAT EVER YOU WANT. I HOPE IT WORKS

thanks for the try to help us, 

is it Joke ! i wish if its that easy ! 

but sorry, it does not work>

Haikal
Please use plain text.