Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia Belle upgrade on N8 - Security Code erro...

N8Belle

Re: Nokia Belle upgrade on N8 - Security Code error

I don't know if this helps. Apparently, the security code is the same as the SIM2 PIN. For me, I had setup the SIM2 PIN to be the same as the SIM PIN, which was a four digit number. I then entered it when requested the security code, and it worked... never bugged me anymore!!
NB: Better setup your security code to something memorable. I used my surname (via alpha numeric) to construct a memorable security code. For example, if your name is PETER then you could use 73837, which corresponds with PETER in alphanumeric form!! I hope this helps!!
Registered Member
701Belle

Try 0000  for nokia Belle

kamran859

while installing symbian belle, it shows an error

i tried to update my nokia n8 software to Belle, in phase 3 on 15% of installation phone restartsand then it gives me a message on the nokia suite that 'lost connection' and then the phone restarts when i close it, in the end it shows an 'error code 12052'  on nokia suit. 

i have no idea what to do, i tried to restart while the phone is connected to the laptop, i even dc the phone and restarted and again connected, and try to run the installation again, but still was not able to update belle on my phone.

The best part is that there is no way i can email nokia about this issue directly. there is no such way. so dont know what to do....

Counsellor
nokh

very funny, I've tried long ago, but this is not the solution

Nokia 2110 (bought the very original "brick" version back in 1995 :smileyhappy:), 6110 (1997), 6210, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6233, 5800, C7, HF-3, CK-20W, CK-300 (all bought new) - looks like a loyal Nokia customer, doesn't it? :smileyhappy:
Sage
ghaikal

when is the solution NOKIA !!! 

Haikal
Registered Member
DarkAngel0666

just updated my n8 with belle, and besides the improved apperence, a simpler menu, and some features looked like android, i must saddly say that for the 1 time i'm very disappointed with nokia. Don't understand why this software wasn't released since the bigining with n8 at least, and why there's so many bugs on it. My n8 restarts and locks several times when i'm using it, doesn't matter if i'm playing or calling someone or simply adding or removing widgets, the browser is incredibly slow, don't know if anybody else has this issues aswell, fortunatly don't have the issue of the security code. I made a copy from all the files and folders of the phone before update on my laptop and will try to replace this new ones with the old ones and try to get old software back, if doesn't work and can't use phone anymore, i will have no choice and will by an iphone and not going to by anymore nokias especially because i don't like windows software in pnones or pcs and will say good by to nokia forever. Hope nokia sorts all our issues soon.
Registered Member
kenafricboy

I have same problem with my nokia n8 upgraded in Uk. so nokia can build a software and not solve a tiny problem like code error. Been 8 yrs loyal to nokia but iphone here i come...

Registered Member
cefkiller

FOR SURE, THE SECURITY CODE AFTER UPDATE IS THE PASSWORD OF YOUR OVI STORE.

Registered Member
n8owner2012

i had never used f-secure but was reading through trying to find a security code cos i kept getting code error i went into f-secure and did as it said and i was able to use my own security code no longet get code error :smileyhappy:
Lawtiar

Seems like I (almost) forgot that I had set a security code before my upgrade from Anna to Belle. After the upgrade, I was asked for a security code and then I couldn't remember it. I was very frustrated, and thought there was something wrong with Belle. The good news is that after reading through these forums, I realized that there was nothing wrong with Belle and then I remembered the code. After entering it, my security settings work fine. However, the reason why I needed the code in the first place, was that I don't particularly like Belle and I decided to downgrade back to Anna. My main reason, is that I couldn't use that nice video calling app called Fring with Belle, and I loved that app. So, I am resetting my phone to factory defaults. Whether that will remove Belle, I don't know. Watch this space!
Advisor
renzo_f

I've just call Nokia support.
Up to now there is no solution from Nokia and it seems that Nokia does not even understand the problem.
We cannot change the SIM because any protection code fails.
We can do is cry.
Contributor
nismo34

Hi guys, I have had the same problem and nothing else worked for me that was previously mentioned in these 4 pages...

I found a link to a Nokia Tool via another Forum and managed to use that Tool to do a Factory Reset and this Fixed the Security Code prompt on my Nokia n8!!  It seemed to have reset the Security Code to nothing! This was the only thing that fixed that annoying Security Code prompt for me. I must warn that you might lose some data / apps / info off your phone if you use the tool, but it does work. I am about to sell my Nokia N8 anyway so I already removed my personal data and had nothing to lose! I noticed the Maps (content) was gone after doing this but not sure of any other data loss. 

The Tool I used is called MyNokiaTool (google it) and you need to connect the phone to your PC and find the option in the Tool to do Reset Settings - after you "connect" the phone to the software.

Goog luck :cathappy:

None of the following worked for me (just like some of you had done & failed too):

I tried Hard Resets (4 button combo reset),

Entering Codes 12345, 0000 & several other codes I might have previously used in Anna, nothing worked!

I also uninstalled the 2 applications related to F-secure

I also reinstalled Belle via Nokia Suite at least 3 times

And rebooted the phone countless times due to the 5 incorrect attempts and locking the thing.

Contributor
vinushatakshi

i also have the same trouble with my nokia 500. i upgraded to belle in jan 2012 and it was working perfectly. then i again installed it yesterday since i wasnt able to use nokia store since installing belle. but now i have this security code issue. even trying 12345 in the lock phone option doesnt work. any help plz?

Counsellor
akeovi

HI vinushatakshi, nismo34 has posted a very useful program MyNokiaTol http://forum.smartphonegeeks.in/index.php?topic=682.0 helped me, great appreciation for nismo34: D

Contributor
nismo34

Akeovi, you are welcome :smileyhappy: I am happy to know the tool has helped someone else, this problem is very frustrating!
Registered Member
ediab

no solution yet!!! where is nokia? we need to lock our phones!!!

Counsellor
akeovi

Has a solution! The solution is this MyNokiaTool (google it) helped me, I hope will help you. Is simply to use good luck ediab.
Registered Member
veerkalshan

Hi  All ,

I had facing same issue. but  right now my phone working in good condition.

do one thing 

1. Install first Nokia_Suite_webinstaller_ALL (3.3.86) -- don,t install updated PC suite.

2. After that update or reinstall your n8 os .

Bikram919

[ Edited ]

update to belle succesful but now i cant reset my security password please help me . .

*note; removed private information which is not advised to be shared on a public forum.

Registered Member
muanido

please help on this