Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Belle upgrade on N8 - Security Code error

Advisor
spidermeow

Re: Nokia Belle upgrade on N8 - Security Code error

this is really frustrating.... all the techs do is to cut & paste FAQs, we've already read and done them several times... c'mon Nokia if its all over the web it's got to be something wrong somewhere......
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stephen17033

this is annoying.please nokia,sort out this security code problem-you solution does not work for a lot of people!!

Please use plain text.
robspencer1976

The "keep trying till it goes away" is a really poor response imho....

It doesnt work and its really frustrating every time you start the phone.  Come on Nokia, treat your customers with a little more respect than just posting a "hope it goes away" tip instead of admitting that this is an issue that needs looking at.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

dg_com wrote:

ghaikal wrote:

my E7-00 is asking for a security code in start up, not for a new security code , can i treat it the same ? knowing that i was using a different code than the default before the update.

please advice.

If you know your code - use it. And try to follow process of locking/unlocking via power button menu.

I do not think you can lock your phone complitely using this function - phone has to accept correct code first, before locking.

dg_com : thanks for trying to help, but i think your case is different, when i lock the phone using the power button menu, the phone will NOT ask for a " new security code ", it will ask for the " security code " , and after entering the code 5 times i get a warning that the phone will lock in 5 min. ! so i don't dare to continue. 

thanks for trying to help any way !

Nokia employees : please admit you have a problem in the update , and at least tell us that are working to solve it ! , if you need and data from our phones to diagnose the problem , i will be happy to do so. 

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Advisor
renzo_f

It's a worldwide issue !! :-(
Please use plain text.
ChanWoeiLoon

Ya, you are right. Im from Malaysia and same problem happend on my phone

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokh

Same problem on a C7 - and the problem does not vanish, after many trials. It's annoying, however it does not actually lock you out, it "just" asks everytime one switches on the phone.

Come on, Nokia, at least tell us that you are heavily working to eliminate this bug.

(and YES, I'm sure I did not forget my security code)

Nokia 2110 (bought the very original "brick" version back in 1995 :smileyhappy:), 6110 (1997), 6210, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6233, 5800, C7, HF-3, CK-20W, CK-300 (all bought new) - looks like a loyal Nokia customer, doesn't it? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alnyc8

[ Edited ]

Everyone, please use the new  F secure Software that nokia include  in the belle update and complete the installation, create your new security code in F secure and this will be your new phone security code. or just uninstall F secure    Thank me if it works :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NBinah

Totally upgraded! I have a new phone hurray! Installed all my app-s. Doing the last backup right now.

About the security code:

USE POWER Button "lock phone" menu and create the NEW security code as prompted (you can hold 12345 if like). It will never appear again and even after restart too.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

NBinah wrote:

Totally upgraded! I have a new phone hurray! Installed all my app-s. Doing the last backup right now.

About the security code:

USE POWER Button "lock phone" menu and create the NEW security code as prompted (you can hold 12345 if like). It will never appear again and even after restart too.

our case is : that if you lock the phone "as well as from the power button" it will ask for the lock code "  not the new lock code "  and then gives code error !!

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alnyc8

[ Edited ]

F secure is the cause of the security code prompt at start up, all you have to do is go in to

F secure and create a security code and use that code that you just created at the next reboot the problem will go away. I found out about this because I try to do a *#7370# and found out the 12345 security code was disable, and by snooping around I found the code I created in F secure works with the *#7370#, so I use the same code at start up and problem was gone.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

alnyc8 wrote:

F secure is the cause of the security code prompt at start up, all you have to do is go in to

F secure and create a security code and use that code that you just created at the next reboot the problem will go away. I found out about this because I try to do a *#7370# and found out the 12345 security code was disable, and by snooping around I found the code I created in F secure works with the *#7370#, so I use the same code at start up and problem was gone.

i never used F-secure, i've enabled F-Secure, used the new code created in F-Secure, it did not solve the problem, still getting code erroe. !! 

Nokia !!!! help !!! 

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alnyc8

[ Edited ]

Have you try *#7370#?

also remember after 5 trys you would have to wait 5 min. until you can reenter the code.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

alnyc8 wrote:

Have you try *#7370#?

also remember after 5 trys you would have to wait 5 min. until you can reenter the code.

yes i did, it asks for the security code, i tried my security code and the F-secure code.

gives me code error ! :smileysad:

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Advisor
spidermeow

yep same error for me too, did the f-secure installation tried and failed and then uninstalled f-secure, tried and same code error again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alnyc8

During the belle updated did you touch the phone, It did have warning that you should not enter security code or pick the location. Try to reinstall the belle SW.
Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

alnyc8 wrote:
During the belle updated did you touch the phone, It did have warning that you should not enter security code or pick the location. Try to reinstall the belle SW.

i tried to reinstall the Belle, 

didn't solve the problem ! thanks

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alnyc8

The code you created in F secure is not 12345 right? I use a 4 digit code. Did your error have the 5 min warning?
Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

alnyc8 wrote:
The code you created in F secure is not 12345 right? I use a 4 digit code. Did your error have the 5 min warning?

i've created another code in F-Secure, and here is how my mobile acts :

1- in startup : i do enter any code , even the real one , i get : code erroe and the mobile opens normally !! 

2- if i lock the phone in from the power button : yes i do get the 5 min. warning.

3- if i try to change the lock code from the setting menu, i do get the 5 min. warning.

i did uninstall the F-Secure as well. nothing changes ! all the same.

thanks

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
0105545619_0

salamo aleko (peace to all of u)

I have da same problem while updating ma N8 after all the update process it keeps asking about security code

i have entered more than 10 wrong codes but i  have remembered my ollllllllld key lock and thx god it works now really i felt that ma life is back wish u all remember the olllllllllllllld code as i told u it works

Please use plain text.