Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia Belle

Sage
torchaj

Nokia Belle

[ Edited ]

Hey guys like everyone of S^3 owners, I have been waiting to get my mobile updated to Nokia Belle, and as of the wikipedia's Symbian Page the next release cycle of Symbian^3 is on February 7th, 2012 and that is tomorrow:heart:.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/9945/capturezj.jpg

Hope this is true...!!!! 

Proud owner of Nokia's C6-01, N8, 701, Lumia 800 and Google Nexus Prime..!!!
Patience is a virtue, reaping fruits of Wisdom..!!!
Arjun Paliath,
India
Counsellor
Michael_PSB

404 Not Found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nginx/0.7.64
Sage
torchaj

Michael_PSB wrote:
404 Not Found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nginx/0.7.64

Sorry corrected now...!!!

Arjun Paliath,
India
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You do know that anyone can change the content of this wikipedia article don't you? How do you know that it wasn't changed by someone that heard a rumour?

I wouldn't get too excited just yet.
Contributor
uponthesky

torchaj wrote:

Hey guys like everyone of S^3 owners, I have been waiting to get my mobile updated to Nokia Belle, and as of the wikipedia's Symbian Page the next release cycle of Symbian^3 is on February 7th, 2012 and that is tomorrow:heart:.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/9945/capturezj.jpg

Hope this is true...!!!! 

check that site again mate, the date is Feb 29, no longer 7. So I guess it is not reliable at all. :catindifferent:. Anyway, lets pray for a little surprise!

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Exactly, not reliable because absolutely anyone can modify that date. No doubt someone will change it back when they realise it's been changed.

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people when the update starts rolling out when they realise they may not get it on day one, week one or even after a month.
Sage
metal_might

hoho it now says 14 feb 2012.

LMFAO.

Sage
torchaj

Damn Nokia, someone at wikipedia is playing with us...!!
Its now showing February 30th...!!!!
Arjun Paliath,
India
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

torchaj wrote:
Damn Nokia, someone at wikipedia is playing with us...!!
Its now showing February 30th...!!!!

Wrong, it's not wikipedia playing with you, it's people editing wikipedia having a laugh at you.

Just ignore all rumours and relax, belle will be here when it's ready.

Sage
torchaj

True bro very true...!!!
Arjun Paliath,
India
Registered Member
MadMax139

Will nokia belle be available for nokia c7???
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

MadMax139 wrote:
Will nokia belle be available for nokia c7???

With the greatest of respect, there are a hundred and one threads about Belle and on every single one there are AT LEAST one or two people asking which phones the Belle update will be available for....... 

Before posting questions about which phones the update will be available for please do a quick bit of RESEARCH on this very question. 

This research can take the following form

1) Typing the question into a search engine

2) Visiting the official Nokia website for information

3) Reading the threads that have already been created (not just the last pages but from the start)

The list is by no means exhaustive, however these are probably the three easiest ways of doing it. 

Belle will be available for N8, E7, C7, C6-01, E6, X7 and 500.

It is due to be released as an update via PC only (I'm led to believe) sometime in February, however no specific date has been made public.

I'm sorry for the rant but I just wished people would try and be a bit more proactive in trying to obtain information... The threads are getting spammed by people either asking questions which would take less time to answer if they did a bit of their own research, or by continually asking for the exact date when Belle will be released (**takes deep breath**). :smileyfrustrated:

Counsellor
CharlieDee

Could it be... And this is a wild guess... That Nokia are holding back to have as many as possible Carriers/Networks on board an Software Passed before they release it...? Obviously there'll be some C/N's that'll be well behind, but that they're tryin er that way...? Again MAJOR GUESSING on my part. My reason for coming to this conclusion is wit 3UK posting what it did. They are very on d ball when it comes to Testing & Approving Software than some Carriers/Networks...

Charlie
I just Do, Because, I Can!
Professor
bumblebirra

Yes, because Nokia also said they wanted to do things differently when they released Anna and to give it to as many people as possible at the same time as they reasonably could do. So presumably once they got enough carrier approvals this is when they determined it was ready for a general release?

I think Belle will go like it did with Anna, where it became available to the majority of people at roughly the same time. I also think that there has to be something in it when an official Nokia website announces that it will be released on the 8th of Feb.

The timing between the date when that 8th Feb announcement on the Vietnamese Nokia site was made and the actual date of 8th Feb is just about the right amount of time you would expect for Nokia to know that Belle was ready for general rollout and for them to organise and prepare everything for the actual rollout.

Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

CharlieDee
Advisor

Re: Nokia Belle [ New ]
Options
06-Feb-2012 08:02 PM
Could it be... And this is a wild guess... That Nokia are holding back to have as many as possible Carriers/Networks on board an Software Passed before they release it...?
..............................................................................................................

Sorry Mate, i dont think that could possibly work.. Not all carriers will stick to Time table and some wont bother at all. There are still some waiting for PR1.2 and many still waiting for Anna.. The Belle rollout will no doubt, be same as Anna..
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Its a bit hard to believe that people take wikipedia as a reliable source of information when it can actually be edited by just about anyone. No offence guys but your eagerness to get your hands on belle is getting to your heads and clouding your sense of judgement.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Registered Member
kartz1990

According to Nokia's Official Twitter account.. Belle wont be available as Over The Air (OTA) Update since it is an major update,files will be in larger size so they cant be provide it through OTA. So we can update only through Nokia Suite/Nokia Software update. Probabily it might release on 8th feb (according to Nokia Vietnam website/Nokia Facebook page)

Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Belle's already here. Wait's over... Now its time for a long list of problems with update. Hope I'm wrong this time.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Advisor
albande

hello

I  am checking several times, but no update here in Albania. i have installed latest nokia suite 3.3.86, but there is no update. When will be available here in Albania please?

NOKIA E7-00

CODE - 0591821

Type : RM - 626 

Sage
torchaj

@albande: Nokia Belle is available for your mobile..!!!
RM-626, Code 0591821 euro_qw_dark_grey.

Please try refreshing your Nokia Suite or wait for sometime to get the notification...!!!!
Arjun Paliath,
India