Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C2-01 New Firmware 11.00 RM-721 Issue

geth

Nokia C2-01 New Firmware 11.00 RM-721 Issue

Upon purchase my phone it comes with a general firmware release version of 10.50. The phone works well even in extreme condition without error. Upon nokia released the new version 11.00 they said it has a performance improvement, usability improvement and updated application, and nokia strongly recommends to update the phone ones the new version released. So i try and everything works fines, updating is flawlessly. But there are 2 things i've noticed to this 11.00 version.

[1] strange "temp" folder with .tec and .arc extension are automatically created frequently on my memory card location. They are unreadable to phone and nokia ovi suite.

[2] when the number of conversation is reaches 100+ it stucks on "updating conversation" specially when new messages arrive.

Is there any way to rollback my phone to version 10.50?? Please help

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ahsanshahid

Same problem here, but my mobile firmware ver is 10.5 for nokia c2-01..

this problem also occur in 10.5 version..

So finally nokia release 11.5 ver for this problem in future..

PLz nokia also improve camera quality for c2-01 as compared to other camera as 3.2 mega pixcell...

If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
msquare360

Nokia C2-01 v11.10 still same issue.

On memory card a folder named temp having some files.

It is continuously incresing files and size.

The folder once delete than next monent it make temp folder and also starts its work to make files.

Any solution to this problem?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

Every single computer operating system in PC, laptop and mobile device, as well as most individual applications/programs running on them, create temporary files and folders - these are used to store data required for their operation so that RAM memory usage for essential processes is optimised. If these files and folders are being created on your memory cards then they will not contribute to any operational issues as only the device's memory is used for processing purposes.

The issue affecting messaging when conversations exceed certain levels has been referred to the software team responsible.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
MissMW1976

ht://Dig error
Unable to read word data base
file/var/lib/htdig/db.words.db
Please use plain text.