Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C3-00 Firmware Update 8.63!!!! DON'T UPD...

Registered Member
shariq2000

Re: Nokia C3-00 Firmware Update 8.63!!!! DON'T UPDATE!!!!!

YOu Didn't Update it correctly ... Yo uSee.. When The Mobiles Goes Off Between The Update Your Mobile is Disconnected.. Some FIles ARe not copeid During that ANd The UPdate move On .. Ihad The SAme PRoblem AS Your But Later I Flashed MY Firm WARe.... And Put my latest firmware That is 8.70 .. And SInce I Am HAving No PRoblem Only AWesome Results

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
SunAJ01

@Shariq2000. How did you do that? This C3-00 is my first even Nokia phone happy initially but after firmware update, I regreted buying Nokia phone. Communities, Ovi Store apps do not run anymore. Factory restore set password on my Memory Card which I can not figure out.
I knew there must be something creepy about Nokia Phone. I am regreting not following my instinct.
Saving money for HTC or Samsung now.
Please use plain text.
walter_wpg

Add me to the list of C3-00 users who have a problem with version 8.63. After I upgraded to this version, I can no longer access the free wi-fi at McDonalds (here in Canada). My phone can see the access point ("BELLCANADA MCDONALDS" or something like that), and can display info about the MAC of the access point, security, etc. However, when you try to connect, the phone appears to be negotiating a connection, and then succeeds, but the instant the connection is made, the phone screen goes black. Wait a few seconds, touch a key, and the phone reboots. I have tried more than one McDonalds location, and also tried reinstalling version 8.63. The problem persists. I was able to access McDonalds just fine with the previous firmware version, and 8.63 seems to work okay at other wi-fi locations (e.g. Safeway, my home network).

Presumably, there is no way to install an older version of firmware?

Also, the Nokia Canadian support page for the C3-00 says the latest version of firmware is 8.70, but when I try to upgrade (either over my home wi-fi or using the OVI suite), it says no updates available.

This wi-fi problem is bad, bad, bad. :crying:

Please use plain text.