Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C3-00 Firmware V 08.65 problem

Contributor
peponi

Hi,

I have just upgraded my C3-00 to firmware V 08.65, software date 12-05-11.

After the update the Chat application is no longer opening, you cannot click on it although it appears on the messaging list. The chat no longer appears on the homescreen and is not in the applications list when trying to add it back.

I now have ChatApps40 icon link to the apps store.

Anyone with a solution please help out, or how to reverse my firmware to V 08.63?

:smileysad:

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
peponi

Re: Nokia C3-00 Firmware V 08.65 problem

Now i realized the communities is not working also!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I am facing same communities problem as well.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
peponi

I reset the phone using *#7370# and this seemed to solve the communities problem, it started working. But the chat is still frozen, cannot click on it or start. Is it possible to re-install the chat application?? How to do it?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bustedemotions

just backup and full reset the phone and restore! U r done! Chat and communities both are working fine for me! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
umair3c

I downloaded firmware version 8.65 for my nokia C3-00 over the air, afterwards some of my older inbox messages around 40 of them, don't even show / display or open in my phone and when I try to delete them, error appears "ERROR OUCCURED. DELETION NOT COMPLETED."

These messages appear in Ovi Suite and there they pretend to delete successfully, but not even then delete from the phone in real, they reappear   in Ovi Suite when I sync. again.

I restored the phone on (Factory Restore>All) but the issue did not solve.

How can I get rid of this issue?

The good point of v.8.65 is that Community and Mail apps. have started working on WiFi which previously didn’t..

But while using Ovi Store (Latest Version) it still uses GPRS while its running on WiFi.

Please use plain text.
Omarwashington

I just upgraded to firmware V 08.65, everything seems to work ok but I have two Communities Icon and no Nokia Browser as an option.  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
igodfrey

I updated using Nokia C3 phone update application to V8.65 in two stages (one of 6614KB and the second about 3MB). After the first, my Inbox couldn't display some of the msgs; so restoring the Backup contents fixed that. However, the second update which is most recent as it shows may 2011 did not have those problems. The updates brought out two 'squicircle' apps- ChatApps and Nokia Browser.
My only complaint is that the new ChatApps goes straight online without your permission, which is quite unusual.

But I wonder what the update fixes.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
peponi

Is there anyone at Nokia looking into this problem? It is very disrepectiful of your customers, especially when you clearly indicate that your updates are safe to install, when we complain about the same issue and 4 months down the line no one is bothering to do anything about it.

I have not used my chat application for the last 4 months and that the reason I bought this phone, If you are not gonna give an update to fix this **bleep** for v 08.65 please let us know, there are very many other phone manufacturers who will be very happy to solve our problems.

I have restrained myself!!

peponi wrote:

Hi,

I have just upgraded my C3-00 to firmware V 08.65, software date 12-05-11.

After the update the Chat application is no longer opening, you cannot click on it although it appears on the messaging list. The chat no longer appears on the homescreen and is not in the applications list when trying to add it back.

I now have ChatApps40 icon link to the apps store.

Anyone with a solution please help out, or how to reverse my firmware to V 08.63?

:smileysad:

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
peponi

I have tried all these quasi-quack solutions am not getting anywhere for last almost 5 moths now!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
peponi

This has not worked and am frustrated customer!! please check out my previous comment .. this problem needs to be fixed or we someone who is willing to fix!!

bustedemotions wrote:
just backup and full reset the phone and restore! U r done! Chat and communities both are working fine for me! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
jmagical

me too i have the same problem i can't use my chat apps on messages and can't click on it and also my ovi store i've tried clicking it and it shows conflicting something i dunno whats that mean and until now i can't use it almost 3 months argghhh : ( anyone who can help me?
I tried restoring my phone and nothings happen its still the same
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rajanpreetsingh

My phone is not support
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

What do you mean by that message of yours, Rajanpreetsingh?

Are you not able to update your phone's software? Is there an update available at the first place? Update availability is affected by several factors including existing firmware version, country and operator.

If you have not checked if there's an update available for your phone or not, you may download Nokia Suite from here: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/nokia-suite and then connect your phone. Hit on the Software Updates icon to check for it.

We hope to hear from you.
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.