Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia C5-03 Latest Firmware 20.0.024 (Changelog)

Advisor
Fahad_Mushtaq

Nokia C5-03 Latest Firmware 20.0.024 (Changelog)

First time in my life, i feel proud to say that i am a nokia user. Just because of the latest

Massive update of firmware of nokia c5-03 which has been just installed on my device.

The new firmware(20.0.024) is very smooth and it brought many different features to my device

and i'm loving it.

Following are the new things which have been added to my device.

• Symbian Anna Browser(Fast and Hot)
  • Music Player with lyrics update
  • Animated emoticons for messaging
  • Tap to unlock screen changed(Clock is bigger in size)
  • Quick Office Premire( I dont know what was the reason to add this because its unregistered version and i guess i have to pay to register it....still confused about this)

Well i am finding more changes which have been made. And this update made me post here.

By the way i guess its my first post on this forum :smileyvery-happy:

Registered Member
lloydtreaver

Re: Nokia C5-03 Latest Firmware 20.0.024 (Changelog)

how can i get this new firmware? i have installed nokia software update but still up to this day it says that the latest available is the v12.0.04, i tried several ways to find it in the web but failed to do so.. then i came across your post.. i hope i can get clear answers from u  :-) thanks!

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Quick Office I think would let you view the files but not edit. That's better than nothing I guess.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Counsellor
Jas14

Still c5-03 isnt upto the mark. Even after updating to v20.0.024 it has many problems like resetting of theme automatically,hangs a lot, automatically closes all apps present on memory card and shows card has been removed without even touching the card nd doesnt reads it.
Registered Member
shumyle72

[ Edited ]

you're right, my nokia hangs a lot too. It closes any running apps without warning and sometimes it closes the internet explorer too. The features are same, the new browser's option button get in my way most of the time when ive got to click on something. I cant zoom in, (which i could in the previous browser) click unlock is still there, the clocks the same and the speed is still the same. AND THE MOST STUPID THING IN MY C5-03, THE INTERNAL MEMORY IS WAY TOO LOW! When i unpacked it and checkec the memory, only 10 out of 75 mb was free, which eventually decreased too, and when i explore the phone memory, its always empty. And because of this, i cant install apps. Because the default download location is the phone memory and i couodnt even download the software update. C5-03 is a stupid phone.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited. Inappropriate use of words is not allowed in this forum.

Registered Member
shumyle72

and another thing, the previous web browser was faster, i didnt even have to wait for a 15 minute video to load, but with the new browser (with same internet connection) i have to wait for forever for a 10 second video to load.
Contributor
suvkant

I updated my nokia c5 03 to ver 20.0.024 yesterday. Everything is fine but I can't find 'clear cache' option in the new updated web browser. Can ne1 help ??

Contributor
harishmanoharan

To clear cache, click on the web icon, in the browser select the arrow pointing towards top left, click on settings and click privacy and select clear privacy data and select all to remove all privacy data.

Contributor
suvkant

@harishmanoharan thank you very much..... :smileyhappy:

andy126

firmware nokia c5-03 v20.0.024

I want to replace the version of my nokia c5-03 .. to version v20.0.024
but if using a large wifi 9MB file
if using ovi suite 151MB
Which way is more safe and nice
opinion please!
version v20.0.024 and whether it is safe for my nokia c5-03
I hear a lot of mistakes and errors is that correct

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Ovi Suite updates are better IMO, as they replace the firmware from scratch up, while the OTA update only replaced certain parts of existing firmware
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
andy126

thank you, whether it's good firmware V20
and secure for nokia c5-03 I

I heard many errors occur in the V20 is whether it is true
please explain about this V20

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Personally, I always update, I dont even care what errors other say. My process is that I prepare to make a hard reset after every update in case there are errors. Usually errors are caused (if you are not using an operator branded phone) by incompatible by installed apps on the new firmware, which is why sometimes errors appear.
andy126

well for your suggestion I will replace the version c5-03
from V12 to V20,,,,
using ovi suite ..
if I may know what are the latest features of this V20

andy126

how to erase browser cache on the new
nokia c5-03 V20

Advisor
skypo

I still dont get this new update!? Was it released for all countries, and if not when will be?

Firmware12

Help people. Why it says there is latest version instaled (V 12.0.023) when there is this improved version 20.0 024. I am updating over OVI suits. I also tried over Nokia Software Updater, and result is the same. I also tried to update over phone but nothing. HOW TO UPDATE MY SOFTWARE VERSION. HELPPPPP

Registered Member
pinolami

Re: Nokia C5-03 Latest Firmware 20.0.024

Help after I updated the Italian language is gone, why?

What can I do to work in Italian language

Thank's

Pino

Advisor
smshaaban

Re: Nokia C5-03 Latest Firmware 20.0.024

Just updated today via OTA. QuickOffice is a welcome addition. The new web browser looks good. It'll take time to see if the new firmware will fix problems such as the memory card problem when the phone suddenly 'unsees' the memory card. Also I have my phone memory only 17 MB empty nd when I check individual files and folders it doesn't add to explain the space.

Registered Member
harrym007

[ Edited ]

I have many problem with my mobile. I am searching a way to add lyrics to songs bcoz there are few songs which shows lyrics in my player and remaining couldn't. If anyone knows how to add lyrics in current songs plz reply my post 

Moderators note: Email address was removed because Nokia does not recommend users to post personal details on the discussion boards for security reasons.