Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C5 update

Registered Member
president_89

Nokia C5 update

I find this informations about Nokia C5 update:

Latest software release for Nokia C5-00 is 071.005

But when i try to update my phone throw Nokia Ovi Suite & Nokia PC suite software updater i can't found it.

I check updates on my phone and found it but it is to expensive to download and update with my provaiders network.

When the update will be available with Nokia Ovi Suite?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

Re: Nokia C5 update

the updates are available to ovi suite and phone at the same time . probably your pc software is corrupted . I suggest you uninstall nokia software updater and reinstal ovi suite . then connect the phone and update through ovi

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

I must correct Vangelis. Not all updates are available simultaneously between PC and FOTA. They are on different servers, and sometimes updates are only available on one or the other, or both. You can update via WiFi if your phone has that functionality.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
president_89

[ Edited ]

Thanks for replies.

Nokia C5 doesn't have Wifi. I try to reinstall software 062.001 and then search for update but without results. I get only notifications about Ovi suite maps update. How can I get new software update?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

reinstalling the update won't allow you to find new updates. if the new update is on the server for your region then you will get it.

be informed that if you have a network branded device then the network operator must first approve the new update and then you will get it, and that takes looong time. :smileyhappy:
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
natarajan3362

installation failed
Please use plain text.