Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C6-00 Software update issue

Contributor
luke4roma
Accepted Solution

Nokia C6-00 Software update issue

Hello everybody!

I have a big problem and I cannot deal with it on my own! Please help me!

Using Nokia Ovi Suite, I checked for updates and it always says that my phone has the latest upgrade which is V11.0.029. I have checked on my own on the nokia official website and it says that my phone's last available upgrade is v40.0.021. I also used the program "Nokia Software updater" which you can download from the official site, and it also says that I have the latest upgrade!

What is the problem here? What can I do to upgrade my phone's software, because I have a few bugs and after reading the updates' details, I have seen they are corrected!

Please help me! Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

luke4roma

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia C6-00 Software update issue

@luke4roma

Welcome to the forum!

You don't mention whether your C6-00 is a network branded or SIM free variant which can cause discrepancies as software has to be approved by such network which isn't always the case, as they have lost interest in supporting a device that they no longer market unfortunately.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You wouldn't happen to have a network branded handset by any chance? Networks have to approve the updates before they are released and some take a very long time to do this. You could try contacting your network and see if they can speed things up. Alternatively, you could also try your local Nokia  Care Point to see if they are wiliing to install the latest generic firmware for you. They will be more inclined to do this if you successfully convince them you are having serious problems with your phone as is. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
luke4roma

Hello again! Thank you for the greetings!

I also have thought this might be a problem and I thought of going to vodafone.

Yes, you're right. It's a network branded phone by Vodafone. I'll try to go and speak to them! Thank you also about the advice regarding the speeding process. I'll do so!

I'll keep you updated about their response about this issue and if they are willing to help!

By the way: if I try an Ovi-suite reinstall of software would it be possible for me to update the software then?

Thank you!

Luke4roma

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Unfortunately reinstalling throught Ovi Suite will only reinstall the same version you currently have. 

You can also try my second suggestion. No harm trying. They can only say no. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
luke4roma

[ Edited ]

Okay! Be sure I'll try but I am almost sure they won't do anything. I have read the UK Vodafone forum and even there, they have just approved the v20 software which is worse than v11

Okay, what if I try to remove the network branding? Would I be able to install the all of the updates?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

luke4roma wrote:

Okay, what if I try to remove the network branding? Would I be able to install the all of the updates?

Yes you would but we can't offer any assistance with a procedure which would invalidate any existing warranty upon this forum and any such reference to process would be removed by the moderators.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
luke4roma

Yes, no problem! I was only wondering. I also think it's not an option because I'll lose the warranty, but anyway, it was only a question. I was thinking that it won't be OK because when I checked the latest software version on nokia using my phone serial, it said the latest update was the one I have. Therefore, I was thinking: even though I remove the branding, won't the phone still send to the PC it's serial code and not allow me to update the software?

It's just hypothetically, but I am curious!

Thank you both again! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.