Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E5 Firmware update comes v101.003

Sage
manissmdl

Nokia E5 Firmware update comes v101.003

- nokia browser 7.3.1.35 (7.3.1.32)

- e-mail 3.27 (3.21) apps are updated as usual.....

Please use plain text.
hunky007

this update has REMOVED reply option in SMS inbox. So while reading sms if you want to reply, you cannot do that anymore. You have to create a new message, type the phone number or select a contact and then only you can send sms....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hari_e5

no such errors for me.

Thanks to team nokia for update :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Saytu

Its
working fine ☻
I think you have not updated properly, keep mobile in charging then update again, bcs while updating any software battery charging should alway be on to boost energy while updating
Please use plain text.
Sage
manissmdl

@ hunky007 there is option for reply please check it. no need to type phone number.....(after updating )

- select that messege in inbox and reply.....or see in the picture below u

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rameshi

The 'Reply' option works fine after updating to firmware 101.003 on Nokia E5-00. Just check if the SMS you are trying to 'Reply' to has a proper (10-digit) mobile no or some telemarker's code as sender. If you try to 'Reply' to a regular mobile no, the 'Reply' option does appear as usual. 

Cheers !

Ramesh

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rameshi

Thanks @Manissmdl for sharing the 'screen-shots' post update to firmware 101.003 on Nokia E5-00. However, I noticed that the over-the-air update thru the phone shows a little over 1Mb for the update, but when I updated it thru Nokia Suite (PC) it showed a whopping 178 Mb. Wonder why such a huge difference in the update file size from Nokia. I am on a 2G connection so preferred to update thru my fast (4Mbps) wired broadband connection, but would like to know why such a huge difference between the files. Appreciate if anyone can explain / clarify.

Regards,

Ramesh

Please use plain text.
kez_01

My nokia E5 updates shows me the available 101.003 version on available software updates. But when i click to download the update, it connects for like 2 seconds and den disconnects. Am also havin problems installing some apps cos it disconnects too. Can someone please help me rectify dese problems?
Please use plain text.
Sage
manissmdl

soft reset factory reset or hard reset *# 7870 # ur device and restart ur phone and update. before formating backup ur all data...including apps contact by nokia suite or on a phone
Please use plain text.
Advisor
xylol

my nokia C5 5mp also got v101.003 update...but update size is 936kb while for e5 it's 1014kb..! WHY..???
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ovye

Hi my E5 is no more browsing show me connection not available pls i need ur help i cn't brows with it
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
paulnewman

Is this update only available in certain regions?
My carbon black E5 (product code 059C4P7) bought unlocked in Sweden is still on v071.003.

I'm sure there are tens of E5-users in Sweden who would like to have the latest firmware.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nijin

Hey frnds plz do not instal this E5 update 101.003
coz aftr this update many users reported its reducing batterry backup 50% charging time increased ! Also my E5 :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Sage
manissmdl

I have same problem too after update battery backup reduce more than earlier FW 091.001....!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
charles21

a really good update by nokia but how is cellular connectivity working all ok or thers an error or any problem

Please use plain text.
satya284

i m also experiencing prblm of low battery lyf nd connectivity prblm after installing latest update ..... Can any1 here tell me how to get back to previous firmware i.e. 091.002.... I dnt wnt dis update??? Coz its already decreasing my battery lyf nd net connectivity??? Plz help guyz.....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rhemyis

Is there any way to update my E5 firmware to a newer version? For now I am stuck with a very old version which is 042.014 (15-dec-2010) and that is because my phone is a Vodafone branded one and each phone gets updates depending on a product code, region, etc. At least this is what I received from Nokia. I don`t have any major problems with the phone except small lag, minor issues, but in the same time many E5 users have on their phones versions like 071., 081., 091. which are a lot newer than mine and bring many improvements. What can I do in order to update my phone, change the product code, reinstall the software, I feel wronged...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
borgandaz1

Hi guys I live in south Afrika and I want to update my E5 firmware because im still on ver 071.003 dated 20 may 2011 , and when I try to update it using the Nokia suite it keeps on telling me I have the latest version yet I know its a lie, please guys help me how do I get the latest version ?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi borgandaz1,

Welcome to the Forum.

Could you check if you have the latest Nokia suite version installed on your computer? 

Pfrancoise.

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jomz03

I just noticed that after a successfull update on my nokia E5, my phone WiFi sometimes not working... even im in a high wifi signal, there is no connection appear on my phone.
Please use plain text.