Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E51 software version 400.34.011 released

Advisor

I'm having the same problems (freeze on call answering, reboot on wifi connection).

Have anyone tried to deactivate "caller name saying" ? I have noticed that the phone freezes 

a lot more if the phone number of the caller is not recognized, but it is also happening when the

phone number is recognized (in my case the name were containing some digits -"221").

Regarding the reboot on wifi connection, this is happening because of the encryption type. 

At work I have an encryption type that makes the phone to reboot 3/4 of the times, while at

home, the encryption never resulted in phone reboot.

E51-1, RM 244, 0554769, 400.34.011
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

This version really seems to improve system stability (I have also noticed greater speed on internet browsing). Although, few problems are frying my nerves:

1. Speed dial stopped working;
  2. System halts and reboots after voice commands;
  3. The headset connector is no longer functional (the phone is able to detect the connector, but there is no sound or voice);
  4. T9 dictionary is no longer storing new words.

Does anyone knows how to solve these issues?

Kind regards,

Branquinho

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

worst version yet. and Nokia's software updater gives no option to downgrade :smileysad: Nokia, do something. freezes on received calls happen far too often to be taken as a joke :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kafedzou

[ Edited ]

Do you perhaps now what kind of wi-fi encryption that is? Maybe that I can change it to a different encryption system. Before this software update, I never had any problems with my wi-fi. So I consider this still as a bug.

I have the E51-1 (02)

Firmware 400.34.011

Product code: 0552191

RM-244

Message Edited by kafedzou on 25-Nov-2009 01:07 PM
Please use plain text.

Im not sure but i guss its a non fair politic from Nokia that try to force old phone users to bye new one by purposely releasing bad firmwares that cant be downgrade.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yes, well I can assure you that if Nokia don't fix this firmware then my next phone won't be a Nokia.
Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia E51 software version 400.34.011 released - DOWNGRADE POSSIBLE!

Hell yeah!

You CAN downgrade! After a few months, they told me, they can do it, as a part of the guarantee, and downgraded the firmware one step, to 300.45.56, and the phone works like a charm :smileyhappy:

I see no reason why your service guys couldn't do that.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
uniketi

hi all

anyone know a way to upgrade my E51 in Albania.where i have to download??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Vili

To Uniketi:

Just get ovi updater, and connect to internet.

It will offer you the latest firmware version.

Please use plain text.
ABCStorage

Is there a way to upgrade to 400.34.001 without downloading another 100MB onto my computer, seems to be a control thing - 1 reason why I haven't gone to apple is that I don't agree with their unethical approach to market control. I just want a basic phone that works and this upgrade has already cost me hours.

Please use plain text.
andy9

[ Edited ]

I've just installed the latest version of Nokia Software Updater

With the phone connected, it says version 300.45.56 is in the phone, and this is the latest version.

So how can the version 400.34.011 be downloaded and installed?

And given some of the comments here, is it worth it? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Marioferrero

Are there any plans to update the software so that the cursor while composing a text message is more visible?

Composing a text message outside with a cursor so hardly visible (or just invisible on a sunny day) is just a nightmare!

What about an essential countdown timer? Do Nokia software developers think that this function is unnecessary in this type of phone?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zoubeir55570

anoosahmed wrote:

Nokia E51 software version 400.34.011 released

This software release brings improvements and increased stability in Mail for Exchange, SMS reception improvements and stability and usability improvements for VoIP and WLAN. The release also includes robustness improvements when pressing the Home key

Please use plain text.