Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia E63 won't update, error code 12017

Registered Member
Qusus

Nokia E63 won't update, error code 12017

[ Edited ]

I can't update my Nokia E63 using the ovi suite software.

After doing a complete memory wipe, the same error code appears during the update process.

I select update 501.21.001, hit install... but before the download can even begin I get error code 12017.

After googling issue, I see many many people have had this issue.  I have tried all solutions, including installing the Nokia PC Suite, then installing the software update from there.  I have also tried disabling Windows ICS. 

Is there any solution to this problem?  Is there some way to manually update the phone's software without using Nokia's software suite? 

Thank you.

Registered Member
escotero

Re: Nokia E63 won't update, error code 12017

I have exactlz the same problem! What should I do?

Registered Member
pjcuadra

The same problem! Please Nokia solve this! I tried turning the ICS off but didnt work! I also tried other "solutions" on other discusions and nothing.

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Do you get exactly the same result using standalone Nokia Software Updater?

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/...erSetup_EN.exe

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

c3nturion

[ Edited ]

I have exactly same problem.
I can easily update my e71 (both with NSU and Nokia Suite), but can't do it with e63 - error 12017 in Nokia Suite and nothing in NSU (I see "First step" all the time).
I've tried every solution I found on nokia forums, I reinstalled whole software, drivers, turned off ICS, AV, firewall and nothing.

I have nokia suite v3.3.86, NSU 3.0.605 and nokia firmware 200.21.012 (latest is 500.21.009/501.21.001 !!)

I ran out of options.

Edit

I only add: I can manage e63 from nokia suite, I succesfuly made a backup of all content. So the phisycall connection works.