Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E66 Update Corrupt my memorycard

Counsellor

Nokia E66 Update Corrupt my memorycard

I update my Nokia E66 this night, and i know i have no encryption on my memorycard.

But after update 30..something, my 16GB memorycard is corrupt.

I try everything, like to format but not accsessible, nothing work.

After that i remove the memorycard, and put it in again (many times)

Get a message my memorycard is encrypted even if that no encryption is enabled in the phone.

Try to decrypt, but no key, then i finally encrypt to get a key, but same message, another kefile needed.

now i see memorycard finally is encrypted, and the keyfile don't work, it needs another it say.

What can i do, i have multicardreader in my laptop but this 16GB small card i need a bigger adapter to put it in.

I'm gonna go to a shop and by a adapter, and try to format the card from my laptop soon.

That 16 GB memorycard was very expensive, i don't like to by a new one.

Is there another way to format that, or is it even possible to format, from my computer Vista sp2.

Here i copy the errorlog, when i restore my phone after update;

Restore log:
Date and time: 2009-07-15 11:11
Data restored from the file:
C:\Users\Kjell\AppData\Roaming\Nokia\ContentCopier\2009-07-14 Nokia E66.nbu

The following data was restored to the phone:
- Contacts
- Calendar and notes
- Text messages
- Multimedia messages
- Settings
- Bookmarks

An error occurred while copying the following items:

As usual that last line, always something not possible to restore, and no info of what.

But the phone works good, no other problems, only my memorycard, with all maps and music is lost.

I use my Nokia E66 as a 3g-modem now on my laptop.

Kjell O
Please use plain text.
Sage
thescorpion

Re: Nokia E66 Update Corrupt my memorycard

connect your phone to the PC via USB in mass storage mode and it will appear as a (removable storage),then see what you can do with it.

Nokia 5730XM,200.12.87
If my post helped you in anyway,Please click on the (Kudos!) Star, THANK YOU!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I try "everything" usb as storage-moode and all , restarted my computer many times.

I can not access the memorycard anyway.

The storage drive never show up or i get message something like; reinsert the drive, or no drive something,

in explorer i can openr the drive Nokia E66 and the only drive there is phone memory no other.

It never look like before the update anymoore, it was never any problems to find the memorycard before, in any usb-mood.

For me it looks like the memorycard get broke (not usable anymoore) after update the phone program.

It was really no many GB left for pictures on it after all maps and music i put in it, maybe that makes trouble.

Now i have only 3g internet, and can not download all maps again (to many gigs) it's gonna cost money, but i dont need gps anyway, it was only fun to play with.

all music i have on the computer, no problems to get that back in phone.

If i ever find a way to format the memorycard.

Now i have try in and out with the memorycard on the phone when it's still on,

there is the only place i see the memorycard, but now for the first time ever its encryption on (because i try encryption when nothing work), and the key-file and key not work, it say it's another key-file for that memorycard.

Kjell O
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Now i have the phone in "connect pc ti internet" and still see only Nokia E66 with only phone memory in explorer.

But i'm radical now, before this i connect it as "storage" and try take out and in the memorycard no solution that way.

The first message when i restart computer was this;

NPCIA.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive
\Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

With buttons retry and so on under; i try retry, and i try remove memorycard and retry, many times. finally i choose continue.

And i continue trying after that, when i try take out in memorycard, same there, message Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (F:smileyhappy:.
( in storage mood i have no Nokia E66 drive, only a Removable Disk F:.)

i'm worried do i have to drive car to Stockholm to get my orginal 2GB memorycard it's 250km far away, i live in summerhouse now, no never.

not worth it, only for pictures then.

This Sandisk 16GB works fine before update, i have all maps , only not USA, and something about 12GB music on it, only about 1-2 GB for pictures, and it works perfect before update.

Some way to format the memorycard i need.

Kjell O
Please use plain text.
Sage
thescorpion

when you connect your Phone in mass storage mode does it appears in My Computer as (Removable Disk...)

if it appears then right click on it the select (Format) ....

Nokia 5730XM,200.12.87
If my post helped you in anyway,Please click on the (Kudos!) Star, THANK YOU!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have try to rightclick to format, but nothing of that.

Insert the drive or something, if i try anything.

i can not even click on it right or left, no matter what i try.

yea removable drive it is , but i have try everything take it out reinsert it nothing work.

Even restart computer every way try again.

Maybe i have to throw memorycard away no way to format and use it.

Kjell O
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Now if not anybody know how, i think my memorycard is broke forever no use to by a adapter to put it in my multicardslot in my laptop, i think i gonna get the same message.

Nothing Work.

Kjell O
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

For shure i gonna try to find a adapter to put the Sandisk Micro SD-memorycard,.

That is the only possible way to format it i think ?!.

Here i have copy - past from the laptop manual, my new Asus. 

This Notebook PC has a built-in high-speed memory card reader that can conveniently read from and write to many flash memory cards.

SelectSD (Secure Digital)MiniSD (with SD adapter)Memory Stick Micro (with MS adapter)xD Picture CardMMC (Multimedia Card)MMC PlusRS-MMC (Reduced Size)(with MMC adapter)

Memory Stick Duo/Pro/Duo Pro/MG(with MS adapater)(MS)Memory Stick Magic Gate (MG)Memory Stick SelectSD (Secure Digital)MiniSD (with SD adapter)Memory Stick Micro (with MS adapter)xD Picture CardMMC (Multimedia Card)MMC PlusRS-MMC (Reduced Size)(with MMC adapter)

I see pictures of all flashcards, the only one not there is my Micro SD, Mini SD i see, i gonna need a adapter, if it's possible to find.

Kjell O
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
iserafy

[ Edited ]
Hi kjello,

My advice to you to save time and effort is the (mix and match) method, you have to have other card and other phone which support the same mem card as the one you have; “form a friend or a family member”, and within one minute you can confirm wither the firmware is the problem or the
memory card. Only one minute. Then you’ll know what will be your next step.

And for this card readeri have one but I’m not sure what model I have; you can Google whatever you want I’m sure you'll find what you're seeking.

I hope this will help you and update us with the progress.

enjoy 

Message Edited by michaels on 16-Jul-2009 09:35 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I by that Nokia E66 in Vietnam, after they have steal my Nokia N95 8GB there, nobody can by that phone in Sweden.

Yea some other phone maybe use the same kind of memorycard, but i don't know any now.

First i try to get a memorycard adapter, so i can try format it straigth from my computer.

It's always good to have the possibilities to put memorycard in the computer, that is always the fastes way to copy music-files or what ever.

When i find the adapter, for shure i'm gonna write here, how it works

Maybe nokia make the E66 not compatible anymoore with 16GB memorycard, with that latest 30....update.

Maybe they find out some problems with 16GB memorycard in E66,

problems that i never find (maybe only me not see any problem with it,) with the older firmware or software i had before the update.

Kjell O
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

When i come home to Stockholm from Vietnam, i update this Nokia E66 with my stationary computer and fast internet manually, i read that the update makes the camera better, no problems with that update.no games on that phone.

This time i was in my countryhouse, and use Nokia E66 as a modem to my laptop, and bacause it is always connected a popupwindow appear "new program update for Nokia" yes i do that, i don't know wat the update do,

scary for me, the only connection i have to internet go thru my Nokia E66 now it's gonna update, but no problems it work, only memorycard-problems after..

Not the first time i get problems, before i had Nokia N95 8GB with 9 Ngage-games, that thing i update 2-3 times and always get trouble with the Ngage-games, i always have to reinstall all the games after update, and start the game from scratch again, i never gonna by a game-phone again.

I never like to play the same game again from beginning.

Kjell O
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

When i rethink all what happends, i think i know why i get memorycard-problems.

Because i have Nokia E66 usb-connected as; "connect pc to web" to my laptop, the only internetconnection i have.

And when i get the popupwindow "update" i choose yes.

That was the scary thing i see when it downloading 108meg thru Nokia as 3g-modem,

many times i was close to chansel the download, but i don't do that Nokia have to think about that in the update,

is this usb-connection gonna work, but i can not change anything, after the download complete, and the update begins, do not use the phone, do not take out the usb-connection when update.

No possible way for me to change the usb-connection,

it still was in; "connect pc to web", when it was updating, i dont do anything only wait util complete, it finish with no error.

But soon after i find the memorycardproblem.

Kjell O
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

And now the last words in the updatestory;

I remember the very first thing i do after succsessfull update

I turn off computer, before i unplug the phone (because many times before this summer, if i unplug usb after only turning off all nokiaprograms, the computer crash)

Then the very first thing i do (i know i always have to do that after updating) i start maps " a message appear; that maps can not accsess memorycard, it have to use phone memory" then i chansel maps, and start File manager to look at the memorycard,  everybody know the the story after that.

Kjell O
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Now i have been in shop where they have readers/adapters for my SD micro-memorycard.

I bring my laptop with me, and try many times, it looks like no filesystem on the card,

Nothing can accsess the memorycard, they try in a stationary computer too.

Finally i whent home with a cheep 2GB new memorycard, only to have something for my Nokia E66, that work.

Now i'm gonna try a big speaker with a big magnet, to destroy all data on the 16GB memorycard.

That is my last thing to try, it's already broke, and the magnet can not destroy it moore.

I think my Sandisk Micro SD 16 GB memorycard is lost forever. ( i never gonna by that expensive chit again )

I think the memorycard was too full of data, i remember the last mp3 i have to skip.

And the update press in 108meg moore on it, that make the card to fat to work anymoore.

Kjell O
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Now i have try with two big speakermagnets that stuck hard together , i put my corrupted Sandisk Micro SD 16 GB between the magnets and roll the magnets over a couple times, really hard pressure the drag to each other.

But nothing happens , when i try the card in E66 it show the same Corrupted.

Is there any way, "to send it" or for me to format that chip.

is there any computerprogram that may scan and take care of the chip.

My new same chip but 2 GB works, in E66, no problem in the phone

Message Edited by kjello on 20-Jul-2009 09:36 AM
Kjell O
Please use plain text.
Professor
post007

Wait for 24 hours, I'll try to solve your problem. I'll give you solution so you can use your memory card again. You can't get back you data but let me try to solve your problem. For that, wait for 24 hours.
If you like my post then give me "Kudos" star...
Please use plain text.
Professor
post007

Here is the final solution. Go to this link http://cnetx.com/format/ and find a mobile listed on it and download and install that "Flash Format" software in supported mobile. Find mobile in your group. Insert your faulty memory card in that mobile and format it in that device. Once formatted, insert it in your Nokia E66 device and again format it using mobile's inbuilt format utility. Enjoy your working card.
Please use plain text.
Professor
post007

I have missed www in my given link. Correct link is here. http://www.cnetx.com/format/
Please use plain text.
Professor
post007

Tell me, my solution works or not. If not then I'll give you other solution. If it works then accept my solution and close your post.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Sorry for me, and post007, that was the thing i like to have BUT.

I download it to my pc, and save that edress http://www.cnetx.com/ i found on the site, if i need to download directly to the device.

I start the F4285WSE.exe on my laptop, and it say i need to install on the device, i usb-connect E66 Nokia in Pc Suit moode, then it say i need Microsoft Active Sync, i try Nokia Sync, not work, the install exit.

Then i disconnect E66 from usb, and try the link to direct download/install on device, there was only 2 choises i choose the one for smartphone with no tuchscreen, shold work on my E66, BUT.

Not Supported was the message, i try 2 times, the same, it only can't install on Nokia E66.

I think i need a program made for formatting, scanning and fix, flashcard directly connected to my laptop. no smartphone-program if it's not support Nokia E66.

Kjell O
Please use plain text.